• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,913 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:17 PM

First, I would like to say the item database is awesome. Automatic pricing and universal autobuying lists are awesome! It's one of the most important features that differentiates Neocodex from other conventional cheating forums.

However, it does has its problems. Many people have noted that profit margins on items, usually low priced ones, based of the database are at times pretty off. This is due to the mass deflation that has been plaguing the economy, and the fact that the database isn't updating as often as before. So, this means that the relatively low priced book I bought 20+ times that Abrosia thought had a 150% profit margin, 1500+ profit has actually 0 profit. This is kind of a problem. In addition, when I went to price the item using NeonAP, it updated the price to the market value in my shop, but kept the price of the book at a grossly high price (while crediting me for the pricing yay).

In conclusion, I believe that there is a need to introduce human pricing for buyable items. Automatic pricing is really cool, and we should keep that, but introducing human pricing will allow users like me to correct badly priced items. To prevent abuse, we can limit this function to users with more than 500 posts, just like with pricing unbuyables. Alternatively, we could have a system where humans can tell the database to prioritize which items should be priced.

Thoughts?

#2 majestictuna

majestictuna
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:50 PM

I think it could be really useful. 

I've been having problems as well with the Aber purchasing items that weren't really worth the purchase.

But I'll be honest, I really have no programming experience or knowledge whatsoever- I have no idea what this would entail or even really what the consequences could be.

My agreement is based purely on my own experiences. 

#3 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,913 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:01 AM

Please, could someone with technical knowledge reply? I'm not sure how hard this is to implement, or whether I'm completely wrong and this is a bad idea. @Waser Lave @Pyro699

#4 DarthGreed

DarthGreed
  • 44 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:10 PM

was searching 'database pricing' and came to this topic. I think this is a great topic. I AB in the food shop primarily and one item that comes to mind is bori veggie specials (supposedly 10k profit) which are actually not profitable at all, they're sitting around 1-2k at more than just a few shops. It's been like this for months and I fear the problem will persist as long as other restockers sell at that low price. Part of the problem is that it's only r65, which neocodex doesn't know yet -> maybe also get neocodex to check to see if it has the item rarity and if not, quickly take it from the user when they're auto-pricing (or even manual input)

was also thinking of how we can implement something to specifically update the current database like a one time update or something along those lines. Basically right now the database has 43,259 - 2,911 (UB) = 40,348 items (which can change when buyables go UB or vice versa) and the shop wizard has a search limit of 360 per hour, according to jellyneo. Not sure how many searches you'd need for a nice average, but I'd say 5 may be good. Which is like 72 items priced per hour, which would require 560 hours for one bot to completely update. If you limit each bot to have around 6 hours you'd need at least 94 bots. So uh is there some way to make 94 new accounts automatically (email + neopets) and run them all through a vpn or some ip scrambler? Or you know what, how long does it take neopets to ice accounts? if it's more than 24 hours or w/e then you can just sacrifice like 24 bots for 24 hours of pricing so it's all updated in a day. And then just repeat like once a month or whatever time period?

actually how does the pricing algorithm work? i've read in other topics it takes the average of lowest and it's complicated, and i'm thinking it probably is b/c some 50k items i usually sell around the appropriate price in the DB but only after a certain time, even though at that moment when i manually priced there were like 2 sellers at 30k. Does it take into account how often the items appear? Like if it rarely appears then the price should be closer to the average rather than those 2 sellers since they may be gone before another is added to the economy? 

anyways i just had random ideas that started spawning, but if someone writes a script for anything, I'd be down to go buy a vpn and try it on my desktop which I don't AB from, I AB from my old laptop (just don't steal my account. I only have 1, I just want to be a billionaire in neopets T_T)

damn i wish i learned coding in college :(

edit: also sorry for res'ing an old topic...but i didn't want to create a new one

Edited by DarthGreed, 03 December 2015 - 06:10 PM.

#5 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2,171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:14 AM

I would also like this. I think it's common enough to buy items with low or negative profit with Abrosia because of this even with profit 5000 and at least 200% set (for example). I think this would be useful even considering that the Item DB is not meant to show the current lowest, but the average shop price.

#6 KyloRen

KyloRen
  • Snoke says I'm special.

• 5,117 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:05 AM

I agree with this being a good suggestion, but one question. Would the people have to determine the price by doing an average of a specific number of prices  they've found? (Such as an average of 3-5 prices?). That way the database isn't just relying on one found price. We can't exactly make sure all our prices are the lowest an item will sell for as item prices change very quickly and very easily. Sure, you can do that with the SSW, but that's tedious to constantly be doing, even if it's just one short search, due to price fluctuations it'll have to be done often. An average price would sort of help prevent us from having to constantly recheck the price to make sure it's the lowest, and I have no idea how many SSW people we have on here, so that is also a factor in deciding if it's going to be an average of if we're going to try and price our database at the lowest price possible now. 

#7 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2,171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:50 PM

I would be happy with simply having the option available for people to be able to reprice an item, so that mispriced items can be corrected. (e.g. items less than 1000 NP which are somehow priced as 10000 NP).

I don't think we'd then need to require people to like, regularly reprice things manually or to like, maintain it "always" at "lowest price" or something. Day-to-day or in most cases, I'd be happy to let the autopricer and bots do their thing. Just that, the option for someone to correct them in the cases when an erroneous pricing then comes up would be helpful.

That said, for cases where the manual pricing has had to be done, the averaging 3-5 found prices thing sounds good!

#8 Bendida

Bendida

• 278 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 12:43 PM

Just found the topic while searching if manual correction of the price in the Item DB is possible. Sorry to revive a (relatively) old topic but I really thing this could be a lovely idea. For a short time I stumbled on quite a few items whose profit is not even near the one indicated in the DB or aren't profitable at all.

Some kind of manual pricing with the average value of 3-5 found prices would be very helpful indeed. It shows the time when the price is corrected so people would have an idea how relevant it would be according to that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users