Quantcast

Photo

Do you have it? Or will THE FORCE AWAKEN in you?

starwarstreksucks theforceawakens

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#51 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:20 PM

Spoiler

#52 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:47 PM

Spoiler

Edit:

Spoiler

Oh, and also

Spoiler

Spoiler

#53 danibanani

danibanani
  • 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:41 PM

Spoiler

#54 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:26 AM

Spoiler

#55 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:25 PM

This man is so bitter. And stupid.

#56 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:30 PM

The movie is so campy and heavily relies on archetypes and cliches (absurdly) similar to the first movie.

I thought the movie was getting good towards the end and then we have that scene at the end with a panaromic zoom of two people atop of a ridge just looking at each other.

6/10 The force did not awaken in me.

#57 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:31 PM

This man is so bitter. And stupid.

lol he's just jealous because it was amazing

#58 DregsandDregs

DregsandDregs
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:10 AM

I actually saw the movie completely blind, as I don't watch TV (ADHD that only recently has been medicated).

I rather enjoyed it, but I have to disagree with @Kelvin that it was too tropey/cliche/archetype heavy.  That didn't bother me, because Star Wars has always presented itself as a modern myth/mythopoeia.  A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. 

Like, how you don't look for plotholes in traditional fairytails.  Or, hmm...Okay.  Harry Potter.  You know, child in the cupboard under the stairs, and the cartoonish descriptions of the Dursleys?  It was FINE in the early books, because it was so very children's book, so fairytale-esq, deliberately invoked with the baby on the doorstep.  But then as the books got more mature, more realistic, that stuff became disturbing?  Like that. 

Star Wars is mythic, so it's allowed to use mythic tropes.

Anyways: didn't get any second-hand embarrassment from Finn (big problem I have) because how he was failing with Rey was realistic.

I really loved why Finn left the First Order.  Not because of strangers and suddenly compassion.  It was because of someone he knew.

My friend who is a big time warsie, thought Luke was OOC in what he did.  I had a eureka moment of "What if he had a padawan bond with all of the Jedi he was training?"  She went, "Ohh.  That's a bit better, then," but was still a bit irked.  I also came up with the theory that Rey is a not a natural child, like, someone got a blood sample and testtubed her.

Which might mean she's Anakin's kid, because he can't be cloned.  However, it could also mean that whoever made her was on Luke's side, if that bit about clones of Jedi either going (or was it driving their originals) crazy is (still) canon.  In which case you could have a well intentioned extremist on the Resistance/Republic/Jedi side that has to be rooted out, along with fighting the First Order.

I saw some people complaining about Han.  Ford had previously said he'd never do another Star Wards film unless that happened.  Hell it almost happened in the original trilogy but Lucas convinced him not to.

That island, I joked that Luke had been minecrafting.  We mutually joked that Obi Wan was in the Force, sitting on Anakin, to keep from from going Darkside and descending to beat the crap out of Kylo Ren.

Where Luke was in the end, there was a bit of stone standing more upright, does anyone else think that was a grave stone?

I had fun 'fake spoilering' people who hadn't seen it yet that "Severus Snape turns to the Dark Side and kills Indiana Jones"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users