33 replies to this topic

#1 VaultBoy

VaultBoy
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:33 AM

1.So what would it be?

2.Is money important? How much?

3.Is affecting the world important? 

4.What is you current job and how do you plan to achieve your dream job?

I will go first:

1.Would like to be a politician back in my home country (third world country)

2.Not that much... Enough to life comfortably

3.Not the world per se, but my native country. I would like to change the corruption and the overall decadent values in that society.

4.Currently working as a financial analyst in a Fortune 500 in the US. I would probably go back to b-school work in finance for a while then start a business back in my home country. Unfortunately, to be able to participate in politics you need money and influence... I would get that and then work towards the betterment of my country (honesty and fair practices are so rare back there). I intend to change the business world and then the society itself.

#2 Norava

Norava
  • Pro Can Cran

• 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:38 AM

1.So what would it be?

I would love to do sailing tours. Basically get on the boat, I sail you around to cool little sites, and then we come back. Alcohol included.

I would love to make good money doing it, so pretty important. 6 figures would be great, but if I loved it then as long as I could pay the bills and afford a few luxuries here and there.

Not so much. 

Current job just provides money to do what I want and pay off any debt. Not necessarily working towards the dream job

#3 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:26 AM

I'll answer this later because I don't have time now, but out of curiosity, where are you from? @VaultBoy

#4 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:40 AM

1. 2D/3D Animator.

2. Money is important, but only enough to provide myself.

3. Not with this dream job. 

4. I'm currently in school working for a graphic design degree, but I am secretly working on animation skills.

#5 VaultBoy

VaultBoy
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:45 AM

@Swarley Panama. I live in the US now... It is a much better country, objectively. But we are born in this world to make change, and for the better. Improving my country in different ways (education, values and life in general) would be my way.

#6 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:12 AM

@Swarley Panama. I live in the US now... It is a much better country, objectively. But we are born in this world to make change, and for the better. Improving my country in different ways (education, values and life in general) would be my way.

I see... When I read about corruption I automatically think of Brazil lol
Good to see someone wanting to make a difference like that. Good luck!

#7 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:23 AM

1.So what would it be?

I honestly have no idea, I like what I do, I just want to be paid more.

Yes and no. Enough to survive comfortably and to not have to live paycheck to paycheck.

No.

Payroll Manager & Bookkeeper - keep doing what I'm doing and learning new things to help advance my position. Either get the balls to ask for a significant raise or look for another job elsewhere.

#8 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:39 AM

1.So what would it be?

I wanna be a doctor.

Not really. I want to have a comfortable life, and that's not expensive to me. I also want to help my parents and give back all they gave to me.
The main reason I want to become a doctor is because my mother and my grandpa worked in the health area, and I've seen how people suffer with the lack of doctors. I just feel like I should give my best to help other people.

That would be difficult unless I discover a cure to a disease or something. But that's probably not gonna happen, because I don't wanna be on the research field.

I'm currently a student, and well, I'm studying for it :p

#9 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:42 AM

Slacker. I want to get billions of dollars for doing nothing.

I pretty much do that now with babysitting my nephew, but unfortunately I don't get paid quite near the billions I'm hoping for.

#10 VaultBoy

VaultBoy
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:45 AM

@Elindoril don't we all haha  :rolleyes:

#11 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:47 AM

In all honesty I have absolutely no idea what I want to be. It's what is keeping me from college/university since I don't want to invest time into classes just to change my mind a year or two later.

#12 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:55 AM

I wanna work for Gamefreak and make route and other maps (house interiors, caves, etc) in Pokemon games!! Or any sorta game with top-down maps like that I guess. I can just sit down and make those things all day without getting bored B))

Pffttt I'd make those maps for free if I had to, but I have no idea how much they would even pay for things like that so I don't really mind how much I'd make from it.

Don't know if making maps in a video game would affect the world at all :p

Right now I'm a Cool unemployed lady because I can't work legally in Canada yet, but um I don't think there's anything I can do to help develop Gamefreak games so I'll just stick with making things in RPG Maker hahah

#13 VaultBoy

VaultBoy
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:59 AM

In all honesty I have absolutely no idea what I want to be. It's what is keeping me from college/university since I don't want to invest time into classes just to change my mind a year or two later.

I would suggest a business degree... College is increasingly the only way that the general population can achieve a measure of stability in lifetime income. Trust me, just don't get into too much debt (<20K if you are in the US).

Plus, a business degree is the most flexible/useful in a general sense.

#14 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:21 AM

1.So what would it be?

Day Trader

Absolutely. I have goals and dreams to accomplish.

Bare minimum though, I could comfortably live off $2k-$2.5k/month; all bills taken care of and plenty of "fun money" leftover.

Not directly through my job, but I do participate in Treecycler and contribute to the flora of my own community as often as possible.

Depending how lucrative it becomes though I'd be a philanthropist.

Also donate to the right politicians to help counterbalance the corrupt corporate backed a*holes that's made our own government "for the corporate greed & wealthy elite" instead of "for the people, by the people" as it should be.

4.What is your current job and how do you plan to achieve your dream job?

General laborer.

Already working on it. 
"It takes money to make money" so what scraps I have left over go to my broker account.

Unfortunately, at the moment anyways, I have a better eye for long term investments vs day trading.

Still need to do more research, and learn as much as possible before I'm comfortable taking that big of a risk.

#15 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:25 AM

1.So what would it be? A cat

2.Is money important? How much? Meow meow, Puuuuuuuuuurrrrrr.

3.Is affecting the world important? Meow. *licks left forearm*

4.What is you current job and how do you plan to achieve your dream job? Selling souls to the devil / Selling my soul to the devil.

I'll post a serious one later. 

#16 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:44 AM

1.So what would it be?

Forensic Anthropologist excavating tombs in Central America

I just want to make enough to support myself and my parents. I guess 90k+ a year would be okay.

Maybe through discovering more about ancient civilizations? I don't know if I'd want to excavate more "recent" grave sites unless I needed to,

I work at a cell phone store while going to school at the same time. I need to finish school before anything else though.

#17 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:36 AM

1. Emergency Room Doctor, Neurologist, or an athletic trainer. 

2. A bit. I don't want to have a job that doesn't pay well. I don't have a set amount right now. 

3. Nope.

4. I'm a high school senior, will be a college freshman next year and I'm planning having my starting major be pre-med, though it might change to athletic training later.

Here's another dream job of mine.

Spoiler

#18 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:26 PM

1. I want to be a paediatric doctor.

2. I'd like enough money to buy what I want without having to think about it or analyse a budget.

3. Only if I discover the cure to cancer or some congenital disease. Otherwise, I'm happy with what little I do in whatever corner of the world I find myself in.

4. I currently work on a paeds ward, and I'm going to uni in September.

#19 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:58 PM

so many doctors/aspiring doctors

#20 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:51 PM

1. Armpit sniffer

2. Money is not important as I am satisfying my super secret fetish :o

3. Nope

4. Current job is stoodent, I will get armpit sniffer job once a willing victim hires me

How much? I'm incredibly worried about how I smell all day and I can't just sniff my own armpits in front of people.  :p

#21 VaultBoy

VaultBoy
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:10 PM

1. Armpit sniffer

2. Money is not important as I am satisfying my super secret fetish :o

3. Nope

4. Current job is stoodent, I will get armpit sniffer job once a willing victim hires me

Uhhh I mean every1 has their dream

#22 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:31 PM

1.So what would it be? 

I would be a homemaker.

Eh, not very. Just enough to pay the bills is fine with me.

Yes, definitely. I have every hope that my work with my children will help them grow up to be fantastic members of the community and help other people.

I'm living the dream. I've always wanted to be a mom and do what I've been doing now. I've been doing this for a little over 2 years. I had to sacrifice some things, like dignity and stuff, but I'm here and doing it, so I can't really complain.

#23 pancakemachine

pancakemachine
  • 60 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:20 PM

1.So what would it be?

I would want to be a top secret CIA agent

It loses importance when you can get your hands on anything you want through your work

It can be depending on how your affecting it

I am a Cashier at a grocery store(or is that my cover up) 

#24 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:20 PM

1. Stuck between owning my own (cat?)cafe or working comfortably with an indie game company.

2. Money is important, i would love to have enough to support my family and have some disposable income.

3. Well, games can't affect the world but games i would make could change someone else's world, and thats good enough for me.

4.  Currently a student learning 3D modeling and preparing myself to enter the gaming industry, assuming i get hired somewhere. haha

#25 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:03 PM

(I kind of went off on a tangent) 

1. So what would it be? Some sort of news media executive. I want to change the way that news is presented to the world.  The news has so much influence over what we think is important and most of the time we don't even realize it (agenda setting). So it would be nice to present things that are actually important to the public without being influenced by a political party or by one's own opinions. As Paul White (VP and general manager of news at CBS during WWII) said, "Complete journalistic objectivity is only an ideal. But the fact that it’s difficult, if not impossible to attain, does not seem to me to impair the ideal itself, or excuse the broadcaster from a constant and vigilant effort to try for it."

2. Is money important? How much? Enough to be comfortable. 

3. Is affecting the world important? It would be nice to go back to a time when the news was trusted. I mean, at one point during his career Walter Cronkite was considered one of the most trusted men in America. News was hard-hitting and interesting and political but in a way that wasn't always trying to dictate how people felt about issues. Things have changed a lot obviously and a lot of that is because there is new media, new gatekeepers, etc. It would be nice to get back to a place, at least in one form of media, that reports in a way that tells people important, new things in new ways. Especially issues that may not be even touched by the mainstream media. So yes affecting the world is important. 

4. What is you current job and how do you plan to achieve your dream job? I was a student worker, but I graduated so now I'm unemployed. But basically, I'm going for more education and then maybe I can get somewhere one day. My dream job may not be where I end up though. It may be too dreamy :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users