Quantcast

Photo

Which of these horror movies should I watch?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:21 PM

My sister will be home for the weekend and she wants to do a horror movie marathon, because of this list.

I was thinking about watching 5 or 6, which ones do you guys think we should watch?

Movie list for the lazies:

The Orphanage (2007)

Suspiria (1977)

Cube (1997)

The Haunting (1963)

Jacob’s Ladder (1990)

Black Christmas (1974)

Frailty (2001)

A Tale of Two Sisters (2003)

StageFright: Aquarius (1987)

Session 9 (2001)

Demons (1985)

High Tension (2003)

Monkey Shines (1988)

[Rec] (2007)

The Changeling (1980)

Sleepaway Camp (1983)

Trick ‘r Treat (2007)

Nightbreed (1990)

Martyrs (2008)

#2 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:31 PM

I've only seen a few of these horror movies you listed.  Suspiria and Cube are pretty interesting, but not for you if you're squeamish.  I would definitely give Demons and Frailty a try. (And pretty much anything directed/produced by Dario Argento)

#3 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:33 PM

I've only seen a few of these horror movies you listed.  Suspiria and Cube are pretty interesting, but not for you if you're squeamish.  I would definitely give Demons and Frailty a try. (And pretty much anything directed/produced by Dario Argento)

I can handle pretty much anything, so that won't be a big problem :p
Thanks!

#4 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:38 PM

Sorry, I don't know much about horror. BUT. The scariest thing you can ever watch would be a documentary on factory farms.

#5 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:29 PM

Why is The Shining not on there?

The list is of underrated horror movies. The Shining is definitely not underrated lol. Fun fact: I watched The Shining in one of the bedrooms of the hotel used for the exterior shots. One of the best nights of my life.

I say find the IMDB ratings of these movies and watch the ones with the best user ratings. Or just go by what topics you're most interested in. Horror movies don't have to be taken too seriously.

#6 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:54 PM

Man, I've honestly never heard of most of these... hmm 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'd go with Sleepaway Camp 1, Session 9, [Rec], and... while not on the list Grave Encounters (2011).

#7 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:18 PM

out of that list the only one iv seen is [Rec] (2007) it was pretty ok.

If it was me watch the Paranormal Activity 1,2&3 worth a viewing.

#8 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:26 PM

Man, I've honestly never heard of most of these... hmm 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
I'd go with Sleepaway Camp 1, Session 9, [Rec], and... while not on the list Grave Encounters (2011).

Grave Encounters scared the shit outta me. Was not expecting to be that freaked out by a film but towards the end, I was a mess.

#9 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:51 PM

Whatever this one is....

Spoiler

I love horror movies but I'm a jumpy terrified little infant so I've literally screamed and tossed my popcorn in a theatre :( must watch in the middle of the day with other people. 

#10 Outsider

Outsider
  • THE YOOYUNATER

• 2103 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:56 AM

Whatever this one is....
:

Spoiler

I love horror movies but I'm a jumpy terrified little infant so I've literally screamed and tossed my popcorn in a theatre :( must watch in the middle of the day with other people.

I found myself watching that gif for about 5 mins it's incredible.

The only one I've watched is Sleepaway Camp it was ass. I watched the 2 sequels that were equally bad. Maybe I'm just harsh though because I also thought Grave Encounters was absolute shit as well.

Edited by Outsider, 30 April 2015 - 12:58 AM.

#11 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:18 AM

I found myself watching that gif for about 5 mins it's incredible.
The only one I've watched is Sleepaway Camp it was ass. I watched the 2 sequels that were equally bad. Maybe I'm just harsh though because I also thought Grave Encounters was absolute shit as well.

Grave Encounters had one of the shittiest plots I've ever seen but it somehow managed to scare the pants off of me. I think it had something to do with the rooms of different horrors? Idk because even the acting was horrible in it haha.

#12 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:22 AM

High Tension is decent and the original [Rec] was ok, I'm not a huge horror fan though. If you're into inbred penguin dancing and pig-loving you could give Calvaire a go if you can find it, it's more weird than horror though.

#13 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:20 AM

I remember seeing the Orphanage and thinking it wasn't that bad, although that was years ago so maybe my opinion of it would change if I saw it now lul.

#14 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:05 PM

Thanks everyone. In the end we decided to go with the ones that looked scary lol

Also, Grave Encounters is sooooo bad xD

We chose The Orphanage, Jacob's Ladder, Trick 'r Treat and StageFright: Aquarius.

#15 Outsider

Outsider
  • THE YOOYUNATER

• 2103 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:58 PM

Thanks everyone. In the end we decided to go with the ones that looked scary lol

We chose The Orphanage, Jacob's Ladder, Trick 'r Treat and StageFright: Aquarius.

Trick 'r Treat, good luck. That movie was horrible.

#16 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:59 PM

Trick 'r Treat, good luck. That movie was horrible.

Horrible isn't a good adjective to classify a horror movie :p Horrible bad or horrible scary?

#17 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:00 PM

Lol did you watch it? Some shit had me laughing at how bad it was, but other stuff practically made me pee myself.

#18 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:02 PM

Lol did you watch it? Some shit had me laughing at how bad it was, but other stuff practically made me pee myself.

I watched it last month, it's so shitty hahaha I got scared a lot of times, because I like to get in the movie (that's the fun of horror movies, getting scared), but it still was so dumb lmao

#19 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:15 PM

I watched it last month, it's so shitty hahaha I got scared a lot of times, because I like to get in the movie (that's the fun of horror movies, getting scared), but it still was so dumb lmao

I think this was the main scene that scared me. I must have a phobia of arms coming out of ceilings idk

#20 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:17 PM

I think this was the main scene that scared me. I must have a phobia of arms coming out of ceilings idk

Hahahaha the tongue part scared me. I wasn't expecting that guy there lol

#21 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:18 PM

Hahahaha the tongue part scared me. I wasn't expecting that guy there lol

FUCK THAT SCENE

#22 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:20 PM

FUCK THAT SCENE

THAT SCARED ME AGAIN xD

#23 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:22 PM

THAT SCARED ME AGAIN xD

What about this one?

#24 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:27 PM

What about this one?

Nah, I thought that one was rubbish. It reminds me of an old youtube video where a group of friends tried to make the scariest face possible, and they looked like that. The last one was bald Britney Spears lmao

#25 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:29 PM

Nah, I thought that one was rubbish. It reminds me of an old youtube video where a group of friends tried to make the scariest face possible, and they looked like that. The last one was bald Britney Spears lmao

Lol whaaat bald B Spears? I need this video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users