Quantcast

Photo

What do you do that's bad for your health?

kate nudes never bad for anyones health

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:34 AM

So in the past year I've learned a lot of healthy/unhealthy things that are linked to multiple disease states or just morbidities that can lead to greater problems. The highest three things are:

Drinking

Smoking and/or drug use

Diabetes Melitis (which is highly linked to lifestyle and obesity)

The thing about these three factors is that they're relatively preventable and long-term exposures. I.e. smoking once won't kill you nor will eating one burger. Aside from Type 1 Diabetes, it is relatively preventable if you maintain a healthy lifestyle (there are exceptions of course). However, I think most people should know that there are multiple things, whether via one-time exposure or repeated exposures, are "bad" for you and you're aware of the risks/costs, but you do it anyway. Such as having unprotected sex or not having a healthy lifestyle.

So my question is, what do YOU do that you know isn't good for your health, but for whatever reason, you do it anyway.

Mine is definitely my diet and (lack-of) physical activity. I love food so freaking much and I am a very emotional eater (I eat when I'm emotional, whether that emotion is happy or sad). I also hate physical activity and often put it in the back-burner if I have any reason to (exams, have plans, tired etc.). I do my best to try and eat healthily when I can and exercise every so often, but literally I haven't worked out in a month and my diet has been so shit lately and i know it's bad for me, but for now, yolo.  I do not, however, drink excessively or smoke (or do drugs).

What do you do? Care to share?

Oh and I don't sleep nearly enough but that's the life of a med student.

Boggy

#2 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:11 AM

Just sitting (lack of physical activity).  Playing in orchestra and doing graphic arts requires me to sit down a lot, so I'm not being as active as I humanly should be.

Also, I tend to eat whatever the heck I want, no matter how much caloies/sodium/fat it has, and I eat a lot of it too.

#3 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:06 AM

Haven't had anything to drink/done any drugs (besides bud) in almost two weeks woo healthy boy

#4 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:26 AM

I eat foods that are bad in amounts that I shouldn't.

I don't drink very often, but I still do consume beer/liquor occasionally so I feel like it's worth mentioning.

I also don't use a seat belt when traveling.

#5 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:30 AM

I should drink more water. I could go days without drinking water, just with other liquids, but I know that nothing is as good as water.

I'd say lack of physical activity, but that changed last month :D

#6 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:48 AM

I sit too much. Whether it's sitting in bed with my laptop or sitting at a desk working, I need to find an alternative. I need one of those standing desks for when I go off to college lol.

I also need to make eating healthy and working out more of a routine thing. Right now it's more of a random occurrence when I do both, but I want it to be an everyday thing.

I don't drink much. Besides at parties, the most I'll drink at home is a glass or two of scotch or a couple of beers. I smoke weed once in a while, but all of mine was stolen lol so I'll be out for a while.

#7 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:02 AM

I tend to seclude myself from people due to anxiety. I've drifted away from so many fantastic people due to this and I feel awful about it.

I have very black-and-white all-or-nothing thinking with a lot of things. It's hard to deal with and drives me crazy.

I still struggle with eating sometimes, however it's with eating TOO healthy and sometimes I don't let myself cut loose every now and then when I really should. I'm extremely strict and rigid with rules for myself and it can get really unhealthy. I've been helping my mother lose weight recently through healthy nutrition and exercise and I feel like it's starting to make me fall back into old obsessive compulsive habits.

#8 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:38 AM

I drink more than I should, vape weed on a daily basis/occasionally smoke, eat too many carbs and way too much sodium, eat too much or too little in general, hardly drink any water, sit on my ass all day (except when I force myself to work out for ~30 mins), and put off peeing for a lot longer than I should when I know I have to go.

#9 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:40 AM

I touch my face too much, probably don't wash my hands enough.

I don't regulate my eating enough.

Bread & pasta are my downfalls.

I sit on my ass a lot. 

I go on my computer way too often and have my screen to close to my face :(

#10 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:46 AM

I smoke sometimes, i drink like uhhhh daily. Have unprotected sex. I ate a lunchable earlier, which is full of everything I'm morally against. I haven't properly cleaned the back porch after I flooded it, so it's probably full of mold. I eat things that I leave out for a day or two at a time. I get super stressed easy and then back, like a yoyo diet of emotions. I fixate on things singlemindedly.

ehhh I don't see this necessarily as unhealthy. you're strengthening your microbiome.

#11 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:02 AM

I smoke sometimes, i drink like uhhhh daily. Have unprotected sex. I ate a lunchable earlier, which is full of everything I'm morally against. I haven't properly cleaned the back porch after I flooded it, so it's probably full of mold. I eat things that I leave out for a day or two at a time. I get super stressed easy and then back, like a yoyo diet of emotions. I fixate on things singlemindedly.

ehhh I don't see this necessarily as unhealthy. you're strengthening your microbiome.

original.gif

contagion scared me about touching my face :3

#12 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:09 PM

I should drink more water. I could go days without drinking water, just with other liquids, but I know that nothing is as good as water.

I'd say lack of physical activity, but that changed last month :D

Good call. I never drink enough water because I'm drinking coffee instead.

omg for someone who hates their own face, I sure touch it a lot

#13 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:47 PM

Good call. I never drink enough water because I'm drinking coffee instead.

omg for someone who hates their own face, I sure touch it a lot

No one else is gonna grope my own face for me

#14 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:32 PM

I crave sugar constantly (and eat way too much of it when i get my hands on it), i don't do regular exercise and i don't drink enough water. I'm sure that there is more as well.

I love all the health related threads popping up recently. This one helps me to feel human :)

#15 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:15 PM

vape weed on a daily basis

This is supposed to be things that are bad for your health. lol Not cancer killing medicine. ;)

#16 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:37 AM

I smoke, like a chimney. I need to quit but it is seriously the hardest thing. My high volume stress life isn't healthy. I have cut back on the smoking but I need a day or two of peace and tranquility which I haven't had in 3-4 weeks, to fully quit. It's just easy to take a smoke break at work before you want to kill someone. I eat one meal a day and my metabolism is shot. I work 12 hour days. I need a new job ASAP.

I just gave up caffeine and pop yesterday. Started taking vitamins. Drinking water always makes me feel so much better since I have been highly caffeinated for awhile. Making strides on this health kick. Today I will go on a hike and probably run 1-2 miles outside. Started getting more Vitamin D being out in the sun (No one likes a pasty white boy). I will force myself to eat 3-4 small meals today (Thanks Adderall for making me never hungry) 

#17 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:07 AM

Definitely drink far too much soda. I'm taking strides to drink a fair bit of water as well, but the soda really should go, but I'm weak and continue to drink it anyways. "I'll stop drinking soda!....Tomorrow...." I always say as I sip more cola.

I probably should exercise more. I go for walks almost everyday, but I should be doing that anyways and need to actually be a little more active.

#18 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:48 AM

Definitely drink far too much soda. I'm taking strides to drink a fair bit of water as well, but the soda really should go, but I'm weak and continue to drink it anyways. "I'll stop drinking soda!....Tomorrow...." I always say as I sip more cola.

I probably should exercise more. I go for walks almost everyday, but I should be doing that anyways and need to actually be a little more active.

The soda thing is easy, just replace it with water/orange juice. It's the headaches that are really painful that stink but those will last 2 - 3 days. 

#19 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:55 AM

The soda thing is easy, just replace it with water/orange juice. It's the headaches that are really painful that stink but those will last 2 - 3 days.

Yeah that's what I told myself a million times.

Still drink soda. *shrug*

#20 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:01 AM

Food and Coffee. I drink like 4-5 Coffees a day most days and I cannot seem to stop eating unhealthy food. I fucking LOVE food. lol I could probably eat a whole pizza myself, I don't know why I'm not obese but I am super lucky. However, I noticed my metabolism is slowing down and I am retaining weight now when I never used to, so I should probably stop eating so much junk :'(

#21 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:09 AM

The most unhealthy thing I do is suppressing emotions. Seriously, that's worse than my diet, probably worse than occasionally drinking, definitely worse than smoking bud. Being at peace with your own daily torrential flurry of emotions is more important than getting enough food or exercising properly IMO. Just ask the Buddha.

Probably not as bad as the cigarettes though. But as I've said elsewhere I'm not turning to the vapes until there is some science on them saying that they're not twice as carcinogenic or something.

My response is informed by firsthand experience in the psychological health field, and by how little we truly know about the mind. Every time I see a pschiatrist, a counselor, a psychologist, or anyone at all in the psychological health field, they take pains to reassure me that, if the meds don't work it's okay, because the doctors were probably guessing to begin with. All those experiences have done nothing if not reinforce in me the necessity of dealing with emotions properly, and in a timely manner instead of repressing them and leaving the analysis, thought or action for later.

#22 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:34 AM

The most unhealthy thing I do is suppressing emotions. Seriously, that's worse than my diet, probably worse than occasionally drinking, definitely worse than smoking bud. Being at peace with your own daily torrential flurry of emotions is more important than getting enough food or exercising properly IMO. Just ask the Buddha.

Probably not as bad as the cigarettes though. But as I've said elsewhere I'm not turning to the vapes until there is some science on them saying that they're not twice as carcinogenic or something.

My response is informed by firsthand experience in the psychological health field, and by how little we truly know about the mind. Every time I see a pschiatrist, a counselor, a psychologist, or anyone at all in the psychological health field, they take pains to reassure me that, if the meds don't work it's okay, because the doctors were probably guessing to begin with. All those experiences have done nothing if not reinforce in me the necessity of dealing with emotions properly, and in a timely manner instead of repressing them and leaving the analysis, thought or action for later.

Solid answer. Self discipline is a difficult thing to train, but it can also free us. 

#23 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:06 AM

Throughout high school and college, it was definitely consistent drinking for me. Especially in my last two years of college - I was partying 4-5 nights per week. Now that I'm an "adult" and have a job, I've slowed down to maybe once a week on average. I occasionally indulge in a cigar or dipping tobacco. 

I like to think it is offset by the fact that I eat relatively clean and have been doing a combination lifting/running 5x a week for 10 years. 

#24 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:27 AM

dipping tobacco. 

https://vine.co/v/MgjZui2eEY6

#25 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:36 AM

Ugh, I've seen this and it pains me. Thankfully, I have all my teeth and they're white because Sonicare. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kate nudes, never bad for, anyones health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users