Quantcast

Photo

Cutting (losing body-fat%) Compeitive TBL tips.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:06 AM

Hello everyone. I decided to share some information that I've used meticulously for the last five years of bodybuilding, competitive swimming/taekwondo, and being a personal trainer. Continue reading if you want to know how to make impressively fast progress while cutting fat.

The three ultimate components I use personally are taking advantage of the metabolic system, maintaining a ketogenic diet, and focusing on low intensity cardio for long duration to maintain hormonal and oxygen/blood health.

Using all of those steps you could go from 20% bodyfat to 10% in no time. 10 pounds would be lost after only a month. I'll divided this into those three steps.

1. Metabolism! 

Taking advantage of the metabolic system is simple really. A trick bodybuilders use to rapidly increase metabolism is increasing the number of meals they have in a day. Whenever your body is processing food the metabolic processes turn way up. 5-8 meals makes the biggest difference.

You should usually aim for the same amount of calories you would have in a 3 meal day and just split each meals size in half or continuously eat healthy snacks through the day. With the metabolism always running you will lose weight even if you don't exercise, just because of the timing of your daily calories!

Further reading: http://www.bodybuild...-fat-loss.html�

11ie4i9.png

2. Ketogenic Dieting!

Usually our bodies muscles feed off of the glucose obtained from carbohydrates. However if you lower the amount of carbohydrates you eat daily your primary energy source can switch to fat cells. A Ketogenic diet also maximizes all of the healthy hormones necessary for good body composition. For example a male on this diet would increase in levels of Testosterone, Growth Hormone and Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) further aiding the metabolism. 

When you first adjust to this diet you may feel somewhat sick from the major change in how your body works. But after a few days pass the ketogenic diet will make you feel great as you rapidly cut unnecessary body fat. Because the fat cells now feed the muscles, on a ketogenic diet you can lose fat while retaining all of your hard earned strength and muscle tissue.

Further reading:  http://www.bodybuild...genic_diet.htm�

2j2agrb.png

3. 'Why I use low intensity cardio.'

Low intensity cardio kicks butt. What do I mean by low intensity cardio? I'll use cycling as the perfect example. Riding a bicycle may be hands down he best tool for someone trying to lose fat and stay all around healthy.

Say for example you go on a high intensity run and get tired after a mile, you may have burned 400 calories on the run. Now imagine a low intensity bike ride on a flat surface that last for 1 hour and is 20 miles long. The bike ride would burn 1500-2500 calories. That's a lot! If you don't have a bike, mixing walking and running can help a lot as well.  

Cycling also exercises muscle groups that dramatically improve hormone health and balance. Great cardiovascular health and increases in metabolism are both possible simply cycling.

156d4q0.png

Extra.

If you combine all of these steps together you should have no problem making epic progress. 

Please don't be afraid to eat foods high in natural fat. Fat itself is extremely important for metabolism and hormone production. Avoiding fat will just lower hormones and do more harm than good. Low fat diets actually assist in fat-GAIN.

Goodluck to those of you in The Biggest Loser!

#2 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:56 PM

Thank you for this! Busting out my bike tomorrow! I already ncreased my meals fron 1 a day to 3 and got rid of caffeine and pop. Now to start cardio... ugh

#3 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:46 PM

photo-52846.png?_r=1431585944

This is the best thing I've ever seen @masxed

#4 Florg

Florg
  • 711 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:10 PM

Also for good low intensity cardio without a bike, if you use a treadmill (or variety of other machines), increase the incline to 15% or more.

I have really bad knees despite still being young and so running really takes it's toll on me. So I just do a fast walk and do a high incline, I can burn ~1000 calories in an hour as opposed to 3-400 calories with running. Just gotta be sure to keep your heart rate in your target zone

#5 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:49 PM

Also for good low intensity cardio without a bike, if you use a treadmill (or variety of other machines), increase the incline to 15% or more.

I have really bad knees despite still being young and so running really takes it's toll on me. So I just do a fast walk and do a high incline, I can burn ~1000 calories in an hour as opposed to 3-400 calories with running. Just gotta be sure to keep your heart rate in your target zone

Thanks for the tip. Might try this on mine as a 5 minute pre-walk before running to burn more calories. 

#6 Banshee

Banshee
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:40 PM

Nice tips, saving these! I don't have access to a bike, though. Is walking good, or pretty much useless? I've been told not to bother.

#7 idkidkidkidkidk

idkidkidkidkidk
  • 66 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:27 PM

I think walking is good for losing weight, with the right eating you do lose weight. My mum lost 20kgs by cutting out sugar (mostly) and walking :) That was my plan, walks walks walks to lose weight then get more into the gym for toning/muscle building.

#8 stretch

stretch
  • 36 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:33 AM

Just a little note: The mechanism of efficacy in ketosis is not as simple as "burns fat cells instead of carbohydrates", considering that it can be calorically equal to any other diet and everything ends up as glucose anyway, whether taken from glycogen or converted from fat. But yeah, it definitely can work pretty well; a few hypotheses about how it's more efficient (from "Ketogenic Diet for Obesity: Friend or Foe?" by Antonio Paoli):

1. Reduction in appetite due to higher satiety effect of proteins [38,40], effects on appetite control hormones [41] and to a possible direct appetite suppressant action of the ketone bodies [42];
  2. Reduction in lipogenesis and increased lipolysis [33,43];
  3. Greater metabolic efficiency in consuming fats highlighted by the reduction in the resting respiratory quotient [39,44,45];
  4. Increased metabolic costs of gluconeogenesis and the thermic effect of proteins [37,46].

Point is: I wouldn't say it's for everyone, considering how people sometimes fuck up and end up getting cholesterol problems with it, but it's a neat tool for sure. I known a couple of people who had success intermittently fasting before a bikini/fitness competition.

#9 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:44 PM

Point is: I wouldn't say it's for everyone, considering how people sometimes fuck up and end up getting cholesterol problems with it, but it's a neat tool for sure. I known a couple of people who had success intermittently fasting before a bikini/fitness competition.

A lot of people also fuck up from eating too much protein and having it convert to glucose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users