• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 NotCheatingAtAll

NotCheatingAtAll
  • 43 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:08 PM

POPULAR POST!

Hi there, I've been leeching off your program manager/Seedys aber for a long time, so let me repay you. I originally made this for another much smaller community weeks ago, we've used it a bit (mostly for the site theme). It hasn't been posted on any forums until now (unless some losers are claiming it as their own at this moment).

So it's essentially a copy and paste of my original guide (Proof it's mine is the comment I made on it).  https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing 

What this is:

Neopets Puzzle Adventure is a video game that was released for the PC, Nintendo DS, and Nintendo Wii in late 2008. Whilst the PC and Wii versions have only minor interface differences, the DS version is stripped down with less features, and a different method of gaining virtual prize codes.  AND WE’RE GOING TO GET ALL THE PRIZES WITHOUT EVEN PLAYING THE  BUMZUMPTIOUS GAME.

What You need

• Reading capability

• An Android (2.2 or higher) device or Bluestacks (Android emulator for PC)

• DraStic DS (DS Emulator for Android)

• FS File Explorer if you use Bluestacks (To easy access your Drastic files)

Buy it here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsemu.drastic

or “Borrow” it here (no root required) http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/20338315/file.html

or here Google DriveBackup

• You’ll also need a “Neopets Puzzle Adventure” ROM not gonna post or upload one because I respect the law, just google it.

• A Hex Editor. I use UltraEdit (has 30 day trial). Find one that tailors you.

These files Firmware and Save File or http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/foBXFm5e/file.html

Q: Couldn’t I use a physical DS? Or even a softmodded Wii?

A: Yes, you could. You would need access to a flash cart and knowledge of how to use one. I will not teach you that, there are millions of guides.

Q: What are the prizes?

A: Items and Prices and How they're earned, and when You also get the best site theme there is.

Q: How do I do X and Y with DraStic

A: Play with the menus and explore the options if you’ve never used an emulator.

Q: Does this violate the ToS?

A: Yes, it technically provides an unfair advantage, that’s it. It’s not “hacking the game” or “hacking the site” all we’re doing is editing the DS firmware so that we have a unique MAC Address to submit codes that will work.

Q: Why do we need the MAC address?

A: The games prizes were designed to be a one time only thing if you had one DS. So that players couldn’t get tons of these rare items.TNT/Capcom was smart and utilized the DS’s MAC Address which cannot be changed or reset without modifying the firmware or the hardware. Unluckily for those who don’t have a physical DS, emulators are usually made with a static MAC meaning someone has most likely used the MAC addresses’ code for that emulator. This guide solves that issue.

Q: Can changing the MAC address for multiple sets of items be done?

A: Yes, the more you do it the more shit. I’m not sure if its limited to one account so make sides for it.

Q: HOW MUCH WILL I MAKE

A: Little NP from the actual codes, major from the book/background goy.

Getting Started

1. Download everything you need, if you’re pirating Drastic you can use an APK installer to install it. If you’re paying for it you don’t need to do anything.

2. Open and extract “Firmware and Save File.rar” if you haven’t already

3. First we’re going to Access your Android device/Bluestacks folder directory and drop the in game as well as the save file.

-The save file (.DSV) should be in Internal storage\DraStic\backup

-Your game (.ROM) may be wherever you like it ENSURE THE ROM AND SAVE FILE SHARE THE SAME NAME

M7Mwryf.jpg

4. Run the game, tap unlockables on the menu, tap on all arrows all the way to the chest, if all the icons are “unlocked” with codes, you’ve done it right. If not see if your save file is in the right place with the same name as the ROM.

tb0cvHt.jpg

Don’t bother trying to enter the code that pops up. It’s been entered on the site and is no longer valid. You won’t get useable codes until the next part

Modifying a MAC Address

1. Make sure DraStic is fully closed when doing all of this. Seriously.

2. Go back to the “Firmware and Save File” extraction from earlier and enter “Drastic Firmware”. Enter “put these files in the system folder” DO NOT MOVE ANYTHING YET

3. Right click “nds_firmware” and open it with your preferred Hex Editor

3q3F5BW.png

1. I know this looks a little overwhelming but trust me you only need to edit two lines. The DS MAC Address uses a nice little guide to help us locate it. It always starts with 00 09 BF (Ctrl F) preceded by three more spaces. So the one you got packaged with should read 00 09 BF 14 C9 86. Click those last three and make them whatever you wish, for example  00 09 BF 32 C2 52 (This will most likely be used by the time you read the guide). Now find the second part by Ctrl Fing and make it THE SAME AS YOUR FIRST. Yes you want the MAC to be unique to prevent redeem failure but ensure that both codes match and use “00 09 BF” if you edit more than what I told you I can’t ensure it’ll even work.

2. Save it. Just ctrl+s, don’t bother with copies you can keep reusing that .bin as much as you like. Drag it and all it’s pals into the Internal storage\DraStic\system don’t worry about them moving, your device should just copy them. Delete the normal firmware.bin if it’s in the system folder.

3. Boot up that game you’ve earned it.

Redeeming Your Prize Advice

1. You can enter your Unlockables Codes at http://www.neopets.com/puzzleadventure/

2. When looking at the code in your game sometimes the Gs may look like 6s or your Us will look like Vs. Be sightful of this, if your code is wrong it may be the confusion of horrible font choice.

3. When you get your code entered right or wrong, a prompt will come up. Never click the blue close button if you still have more codes to put in. Click inventory and then click the back page on our browser. This way the first two parts of your code (Almost always consistent) don’t need to be retyped0svisit.png

1. By the end of it, this is what your inventory should look like, and you should have the site theme. The books will net you the most, especially if they’re unpriced. JhWOUel.png

Lcx32vD.png

If you can't sell it, trading it for something of lower value almost always works.

Edited by NotCheatingAtAll, 18 May 2015 - 03:36 PM.

#2 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:15 PM

You should probably edit out that f word in that one image dude, this isn't 4chan where everyone throws it around :p But nice guide!!

#3 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:24 PM

Nice guide mate, cheers, will give it a go later when I have some free time.

#4 xcreamz

xcreamz
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:49 PM

Trying this out now! Thanks for the guide. I'll report back if I end up getting it to work, haha.

#5 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:56 PM

Would you need to make a new account if you've already gotten all the prizes? I got this for the DS a long time ago and I got all the prizes already

#6 NotCheatingAtAll

NotCheatingAtAll
  • 43 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:59 PM

Would you need to make a new account if you've already gotten all the prizes? I got this for the DS a long time ago and I got all the prizes already

Yes you need to make a new account to collect more DS prizes.

#7 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:02 PM

Meh, too much work for me. I also don't have a PC or android or blue stacks so it's a pain XD. Good guide though, hopefully it pays off for other people. I'm content with the site theme on my main, don't really need the other prizes

#8 electabots

electabots
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:41 PM

I'm doing this now, works great. Thanks dude.

I couldn't get BlueStacks working right so I used Genymotion instead, other then that its flawless.

Edit: Here's what I got.6a644fF.png

Edited by electabots, 17 May 2015 - 08:49 PM.

#9 xcreamz

xcreamz
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:31 PM

I have gotten up to the step where I put the save file into the DraStic folder. I have run into a few issues; first (not sure if it is a big deal or not) the game is using the savestates folder for the saved games. Second, the save files it is using are .dss, while the save file you uploaded is .dsv. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but any help is appreciated!

Edited by xcreamz, 17 May 2015 - 10:31 PM.

#10 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:59 PM

I find this MacGyver approach to generate codes excessive and yet hilarious. Either of the two well known DS emulators for PC that have been around for years can handle this.

#11 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:08 AM

I find this MacGyver approach to generate codes excessive and yet hilarious. Either of the two well known DS emulators for PC that have been around for years can handle this.

Teach us the quick way, master!

#12 NotCheatingAtAll

NotCheatingAtAll
  • 43 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:57 AM

I have gotten up to the step where I put the save file into the DraStic folder. I have run into a few issues; first (not sure if it is a big deal or not) the game is using the savestates folder for the saved games. Second, the save files it is using are .dss, while the save file you uploaded is .dsv. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but any help is appreciated!

.dss is the normal save format for a DS game, you can go on and throw the .dsv in there it'll be recognized all the same.

I wouldn't say excessive, it only takes about a minute to make a set of codes after you've set it up for the first time, the only time consuming part is just entering them. Also about the emulators, you gotta post how to use Desume and No5$GBA for this so others can get that swanky theme. I tried it with Desume but it seemed to me MAC addresses were closed off because of the whole interfering with WFC and real DS's back when that was a thing.

Edited by NotCheatingAtAll, 18 May 2015 - 02:58 AM.

#13 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:11 AM

Ooh awesome! I have this game for the wii but it's so boring I only played it for 30 mins and redeemed one code lol. I'll try it out, thanks :)

#14 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:03 AM

.dss is the normal save format for a DS game, you can go on and throw the .dsv in there it'll be recognized all the same.

I wouldn't say excessive, it only takes about a minute to make a set of codes after you've set it up for the first time, the only time consuming part is just entering them. Also about the emulators, you gotta post how to use Desume and No5$GBA for this so others can get that swanky theme. I tried it with Desume but it seemed to me MAC addresses were closed off because of the whole interfering with WFC and real DS's back when that was a thing.

Desmume uses a "generic firmware" by default. Unfortunately the "generic firmware" breaks a few games so they provide an option to use a file containing a real firmware instead.

I'll look into it to see if they changed anything.

#15 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:30 AM

If I were smarter, I'd totally do this.

Good guide :)

#16 iliekmeepitz

iliekmeepitz
  • 43 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:16 PM

Worked like a charm! Thanks a ton. :D

#17 AngelicDarkness

AngelicDarkness
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:14 AM

Worked perfectly, thank you so much :) 

#18 Ghartun

Ghartun
  • 233 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:05 PM

I downloaded the emulator from the link but the apk is corrupted 

#19 NotCheatingAtAll

NotCheatingAtAll
  • 43 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:15 PM

I downloaded the emulator from the link but the apk is corrupted 

Not sure how that even happens, just delete it and download it again. 

Edited by NotCheatingAtAll, 23 May 2015 - 06:15 PM.

#20 Ghartun

Ghartun
  • 233 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:10 AM

Not sure how that even happens, just delete it and download it again. 

Me neither, I tried it but no success. Thank you for this anyway, must be a problem in my end.

#21 NotCheatingAtAll

NotCheatingAtAll
  • 43 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:47 AM

Me neither, I tried it but no success. Thank you for this anyway, must be a problem in my end.

You could try this apk. It's the most recent version of Drastic aswell. http://www31.zippysh...q0zpb/file.html

#22 DaveStrider

DaveStrider
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:30 PM

thank you very much for the guide! im having a problem though. the first and second time i editted the hex codes worked and i was able to make my own two unique sets of codes, but after those two times the codes in the game screen dont change no matter what i do. i closed/reopened bluestacks, closed the drastic process/window, and deleted and readded nds_firmware multiple times but stilll i get no new codes. do you have a solution to this?

#23 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 01:50 PM

Holy! It worked! I used it on my phone and boom worked at first :D

#24 Ghartun

Ghartun
  • 233 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:53 PM

You could try this apk. It's the most recent version of Drastic aswell. http://www31.zippysh...q0zpb/file.html

This version worked but won't open the game, I'll just give up :S Thank you for all the help

Edited by Mat1800, 21 June 2015 - 08:54 PM.

#25 Ehentalix

Ehentalix
  • Banned from trading - Do NOT trade with this member!

• 95 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:24 PM

After I realized that I took the . out of one of the file names by accident, it worked like a charm! Now if only I could get the items to sell...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: puzzle, adventure, code, site, theme

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users