Photo

Turning Fictional Characters into Pokemon

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Solarix

Solarix
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:15 PM

So this has been a hobby of mine for the past month or so. Topic title pretty much explains it: pick a fictional character and give them types, stats, abilities, and possible movesets as if they were a Pokemon. Part of the fun for me has been reconciling Pokemon's mechanics with the way the fictional character operates in their world. For example, I've been working on an evolutionary branch to best represent the progress of Guardians in the video game Destiny.

Spoiler

This has been a huge undertaking for me and has me thinking about the Pokemon metagame more critically than ever. Theoretically I want this evolutionary branch to be balanced so that it is the skill of the player that determines how well these Pokemon perform, not just a simple matter of outrunning and/or outhitting opponents. 

But I'm probably taking this too seriously. What sort of for-fun Pokemon would you make out of your favorite fictional characters?

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:31 PM

I was expecting a drawing game, this is too complicated to me :p

#3 Solarix

Solarix
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:22 AM

Hey there's no reason why artists can't get involved. Like I said, I probably take this way too seriously, it doesn't have to be a very complicated thing if you don't want it to be. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users