Photo

How long does it take to see profits?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 poofka

poofka
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:21 AM

I just got Abrosia for over a day and I see some topics stating that people are making 500K a day. I haven't made a profit so far but spending NP.. does it take more time? 

#2 Limeh

Limeh
  • 169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:39 AM

I just got Abrosia for over a day and I see some topics stating that people are making 500K a day. I haven't made a profit so far but spending NP.. does it take more time? 

What shop are you ABing at and what profit factor?

#3 poofka

poofka
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:46 AM

What shop are you ABing at and what profit factor?

Its non advance so its all automated and I left it on its default. Not sure what to do really. 

#4 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:48 AM

And what are your refresh times and buy times, and how long did you AB? And some shops are better at specific times of the day, you got to experiment a bit with that I think.

I recommend this guide for choosing a shop: http://www.sunnyneo....estockguide.php

Some shops like the stamp shop or magic are really fast (and risky) shops, items are sold out in a few seconds. 

Edit: I just realized you don't have advanced, so you can't choose a shop unless you make an AB list for a specific shop.

Edited by iKate, 22 May 2015 - 08:50 AM.

#5 Limeh

Limeh
  • 169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:52 AM

Its non advance so its all automated and I left it on its default. Not sure what to do really. 

Dang I only lasted 5 minutes using the normal version.

Advanced is well worth the $5.00 in my opinion. Easily made 30m+ this month.

#6 poofka

poofka
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:16 AM

And what are your refresh times and buy times, and how long did you AB? And some shops are better at specific times of the day, you got to experiment a bit with that I think.

I recommend this guide for choosing a shop: http://www.sunnyneo....estockguide.php

Some shops like the stamp shop or magic are really fast (and risky) shops, items are sold out in a few seconds. 

Edit: I just realized you don't have advanced, so you can't choose a shop unless you make an AB list for a specific shop.

So basic is no good? I thought you could still make good NP from it regardless. Does Advance really make all the difference? 

#7 Limeh

Limeh
  • 169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

So basic is no good? I thought you could still make good NP from it regardless. Does Advance really make all the difference? 

Yeah don't let it randomly choose shops.

Look at one of the neopets restocking guides and decide from there. 

Stamps is probably one of the worst places for a new AB'er since that's where most people AB in.

In terms of profit range you should try to keep it above 15,000 NP. I personally leave mine above 50,000. This is due to shop prices always being really low and natural deflation of restocked items.

There's just too many people restocking compared to the amount of people buying.

#8 poofka

poofka
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

You can still make good NP from the regular rank. Just use the restock list option and you can choose one shop to autobuy in. It's much better than letting Abrosia randomly choose shops.

Is there a guide on how to do this? I would like to try this at least before I consider advanced. 

#9 Limeh

Limeh
  • 169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:24 AM

Is there a guide on how to do this? I would like to try this at least before I consider advanced. 

I don't remember what you have access to in basic.

Are you able to choose "Load a Manual Shop List (from txt file)."?

If you are choose that then find which shop you want to AB from. There's a list where "Visit specific shop IDs" is if you click the "?"

I can then provide you with an item list.

#10 Limeh

Limeh
  • 169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:29 AM

What the guy above said. If you want to make your own up to date restock list, I have a guide on how to do so very easily in my signature under guides

l

l

l

l

V

Does this produce more up to date lists than neocodex's list generator?

#11 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:41 AM

You can also contribute to the forum, participate in contests etc.. and get promoted to advanced, yay!

#12 Limeh

Limeh
  • 169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:45 AM

You can also contribute to the forum, participate in contests etc.. and get promoted to advanced, yay!

Any idea how I can contribute to the forum I'd be interested in doing something but I have no idea what...

#13 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:53 AM

Any idea how I can contribute to the forum I'd be interested in doing something but I have no idea what...

Some examples are answering to people's questions, participating or donating in contests, or just stating your opinion. You can do a lot really :p Just make sure you're not spamming your way to 500 posts :)

Edited by iKate, 22 May 2015 - 10:05 AM.

#14 fiasco817

fiasco817
  • 254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:32 AM

can I ask what shops you were in and what your settings were? just bought advanced membership today and am excited to do well and have a very profitable month!

#15 Limeh

Limeh
  • 169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:49 AM

can I ask what shops you were in and what your settings were? just bought advanced membership today and am excited to do well and have a very profitable month!

Well giving away my shops would lock down my profit. I recently switched but I can tell you where I used to AB at.

I did Kauvara at around 50,000 profit threshold. I needed to change my refresh rate to 4-8 seconds to compete there though. (Only run AB for 1-2 hours and then take a break or you will get rs banned)

The thing about Magic is that it's really HTS nowadays since the potions are in fluctuation a lot.

You can also do Usukiiland which can yield some really rare things they are also HTS but if you just leave them up on the TP they will eventually get bought by some collectors.

If you want some steady neopoints then I'd recommend doing some of the food shops they yield a good steady rate of purchases due to the increased restock amount.

There are also shops like Battle Magic/Defense Magic that I used to restock at. They are pretty easy to get items at but you also need to lower your refresh rate to about 4-8 seconds for these places.

When I AB'ed at these places I'd get maybe 1-2 1m+ items a day. They are very HTS though.

In terms of general settings I am using the following:

General Wait Delay 4-8 seconds

MS Pre-Haggle 0.4-0.6 seconds

OCR page delay 0.4-0.5 seconds

Remember to disable restock ban checking.

I always use restock lists that I get from here rather than letting ambrosia autobuy from it's own lists.

Edited by Limeh, 22 May 2015 - 11:51 AM.

#16 poofka

poofka
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:00 PM

What the guy above said. If you want to make your own up to date restock list, I have a guide on how to do so very easily in my signature under guides

l

l

l

l

V

Thanks so I am following your guide, didn't see it before sorry lol. And I'm using the stamps as an example but I guess I am still very new to this, any other shops I should look at? 

Also I don't know coding or anything so I don't know how I would be able to contribute to the site.. I can do some art though. I dunno lol 

#17 Limeh

Limeh
  • 169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:23 PM

Remember kids, buying items is one thing, but selling them is a whole another thing. I don't count profit until I have actual neopoints in my hand. 

Yeah I luckily sold a lot of stuff due to people needing to do Illusen/Jhudora quests haha.

The higher rarity collectible plushies/usuki's are pretty easy to move I've found.

#18 fiasco817

fiasco817
  • 254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:37 PM

Thanks for the tips, and yeah generally I sell HTS items pretty quickly after advertising on the Trading/auctions neoboards

It's the same. Neocodex's list generator is even easier to use though.

neocodex has a list generator? :0 where have I been

#19 fiasco817

fiasco817
  • 254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:56 PM

found it right after I commented about it, hopefully I grab something good today during my first offiicial day as an advanced member

#20 idkidkidkidkidk

idkidkidkidkidk
  • 66 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:28 PM

I used regular abrosia for a few days, just letting it do it's thing and didn't change any of the times or make any lists (was still figuring out how to use it, reading up how not to get banned with it, proxys etc.) I ended up getting an item worth 1.5m which I was stoked about, but then I wasn't really getting many items for the time that was being put in. Advanced took me a few days to get into the swing of things but it has made all the difference for me, I'm not missing as many items and I've snagged some really awesome ETS items too. Make sure your minimum profit is not too low, some items don't yield a profit (I had the same experience when I first started using abrosia) and look into making your own lists for shops :) 

#21 poofka

poofka
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:40 PM

I used regular abrosia for a few days, just letting it do it's thing and didn't change any of the times or make any lists (was still figuring out how to use it, reading up how not to get banned with it, proxys etc.) I ended up getting an item worth 1.5m which I was stoked about, but then I wasn't really getting many items for the time that was being put in. Advanced took me a few days to get into the swing of things but it has made all the difference for me, I'm not missing as many items and I've snagged some really awesome ETS items too. Make sure your minimum profit is not too low, some items don't yield a profit (I had the same experience when I first started using abrosia) and look into making your own lists for shops :)

I guess Advanced may be the way to go.. right now I made a stamp list as an example. Let's see if that helps. I mean am I able to add multiple store ids?

Edited by poofka, 22 May 2015 - 06:41 PM.

#22 idkidkidkidkidk

idkidkidkidkidk
  • 66 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:41 AM

I guess Advanced may be the way to go.. right now I made a stamp list as an example. Let's see if that helps. I mean am I able to add multiple store ids?

Yupp give it a go with the list, it will help cut the crap for sure :) You can only add multiple IDs with Advanced but even then, if you're gonna use a list then you're gonna only be hanging out in one store anyway. Imo, choose a shop and stay in it. Don't hop around shops cause the best you can hope for is that it's just restocked and you get something, otherwise it's just time wasted. Stores take a bit to restock and not every restock yields great items so give it time and once you get the hang of it the items will come. I find stamps was the hardest for me to restock in, I always missed everything so I just quit ABing there. I got some nice things at the bakery and chocolate factory, good stuff to chuck in your shop :) 

#23 fiasco817

fiasco817
  • 254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:08 AM

anyone know why my log is staying at 0? for example everytime Abrosia refreshes in a shop, I keep seeing 0/288, shouldn't the 0 keep going higher?

Edited by fiasco817, 23 May 2015 - 10:56 AM.

#24 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:35 AM

anyone know why my log is staying at 0? for example everytime Abrosia refreshes in a shop, I keep seeing 0/288, shouldn't the 0 keep going higher?

I was wondering that too, it's staying at 0 with me too. But It doesn't really matter, Abrosia will stop when it's supposed to (if you set up a time) even with the 0.

#25 fiasco817

fiasco817
  • 254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:52 AM

I was wondering that too, it's staying at 0 with me too. But It doesn't really matter, Abrosia will stop when it's supposed to (if you set up a time) even with the 0.

ok thanks, yeah thought this was an error when I posted about it but Abrosia just attempted to grab me a stamp worth 300k, so guess this is not an issue whatsoever

Edited by fiasco817, 25 May 2015 - 09:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users