Puzzle and Dragons

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:24 AM

Just curious, does anyone here play this game? What do you usually lead with? Currently, im leveling and running Verdandi team.

For the people who don't know what P&D is, its a match three game on mobile devices (android and IOS) where you move and match coloured orbs arranged in a grid. The game also allows you to collect monsters with unique abilities and create teams of 5 with them; so far, the game features over 2000 monsters to collect. If anyone is interested, i could write up a guide.

This is what the board looks like.

Spoiler

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:50 AM

I think @Turnip and @Elindoril play it.

#3 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:26 PM

I sure do! Rank 190.

I run Anubis, but I'm a square and use a program to make matches for me.

#4 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:12 PM

I think @Turnip and @Elindoril play it.

Yup!! B)

I mostly run L/L Ra, but sometimes Athena/Sakuya too ^^ I'm 376,026,303 if anyone wants to add me!! Also wHEN ARE THE CAPYBARAS GONNA COME BACK I NEED THE BOSS STILL, and ECO collab and Poring Tower ;_; Soooo close to getting a King Mastering....

Right now is actually a pretty good time for new people to start playing, there's an event happening where you can get free premium currency (1 magic stone per day, and you get it when you log in) and in a few days there's gonna be a thing happening where you have a chance to get a great monster from the premium machine. So you could either do the tutorial now and hoard stones from the event + from completing dungeons then wait for the god festival, or wait until it's happening and keep doing the tutorial and use your free pull to try and get something good from the machine. If you clear the game data you can keep doing it to try and get a good monster ^^

The monsters that are gonna be available are viewable here!! On the right side of the screen, just press show more results to see the full list.
http://puzzledragonx.com
Pretty much all of them are great, but Bastet and Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao are awesome for beginners in my opinion. Here's a nice beginner's guide:
http://eyosongive.us/padgFAQ
And that puzzledragonx site has all sorts of info on it :3

This game is a lot of fun though!! Loads of cute girls and other monsters with amazing art, and there are all sorts of collabs that happen every once in a while so you can totally have a team with like Hello Kitty, Anubis, Superman and Harley Quinn on it. It's definitely one of the more higher quality mobile games out there so if you're interested you should give it a go :3

Check out some of this art though!! Some of the characters in the game look fantastic!!
Spoiler

#5 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:02 PM

I used to run Haku until all my friends rolled Red Sonia, ive even invested a ton of pluses to her! The thing that made me give up was rolling a Verdandi and Haku not getting a single skill in 15 chasers, GAH!

My ID is (306, 549, 291) if anyone wants to add me and I run these:

1269.png1672.png1217.png

#6 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:04 AM

>Ok time to roll in the godfest!! I'm always getting orb trolled with Ra and Sakuya so I really hope I get a good new leader!!
>Pierdrawn (already have it, ult evod it like yesterday
>some silver egg crap from the flame gala
>Katsuguchi
Ughhhhh ;_; A-at least Katsuguchi was in the godfest... And I wanted him anyways since the only Japanese god 1 monster I need now is Orochi...

#7 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:19 AM

Diggin this thread up because SHIT I evod my Sakuya to the newest one not too long ago and those dudes on the JP stream just announced Awoken Sakuya :V Guess I better get some more light jewels for her and Ult Noah lmao

The new Kushi and Idunn & Idunna are kawaii as fuck though hhnngghh

#8 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:40 PM

Yoooo woo pad. What rank are y'all? I lead a lot with A. Bastet, A. Ra, Lkali, and ronia

#9 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:06 AM

I tried to play the Puzzle and Dragons game on 3DS but it felt too much like a chore. ^^; Maybe it works better as a mobile game.

#10 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:25 AM

I finally decide to try the game, and when I go to the play store to download it... it's not available in my country.

#11 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:42 AM

I finally decide to try the game, and when I go to the play store to download it... it's not available in my country.

Just manually download an apk of the game if you're on Android.

#12 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:52 AM

Yoooo woo pad. What rank are y'all? I lead a lot with A. Bastet, A. Ra, Lkali, and ronia

Eyyyy dude add me!! I use A. Ra too ^^ I posted my code earlier on in the thread!

I'm halfway through 205 right now though

I tried to play the Puzzle and Dragons game on 3DS but it felt too much like a chore. ^^; Maybe it works better as a mobile game.

Heheh, I've only played the demo for that but I guess it kinda depends on what monsters are available at the start? With the mobile version you get a free premium gachapon roll in the tutorial and if you get a good monster then it makes the game way less of a chore. And if you get a bad one you can just clear the data and roll again lol. They give out free stones all the time too so you can get even more good monsters with that ^^

Like one of my first monsters was Sakuya (super cute waifu) and she made all these dungeons nice n easy for me hehehe!! :3

#13 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:40 AM

Heheh, I've only played the demo for that but I guess it kinda depends on what monsters are available at the start? With the mobile version you get a free premium gachapon roll in the tutorial and if you get a good monster then it makes the game way less of a chore. And if you get a bad one you can just clear the data and roll again lol. They give out free stones all the time too so you can get even more good monsters with that ^^

I just skimmed through this guide http://pad.wikia.com..._Players'_Guide and it seems really complicated xD.. I think I'll give it a go when I get a new smartphone because my current one is too old to handle any kind of games ^^;

#14 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:40 AM

Just manually download an apk of the game if you're on Android.

I was going to do that, but then I would have to download it everytime they update it, and it would probably make me wanna stop playing :p
So I used a VPN to go to the American store and now I have the app, and I can still update it :D

Now I just need to get better. For now, I'm using another app to find good combos for me lol

#15 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:33 AM

Now I just need to get better. For now, I'm using another app to find good combos for me lol

Pff that's me all the time. Screw actually figuring stuff out.

#16 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:52 PM

Okay so I got a shiny new phone and installed this game. I think it works a lot better than the 3DS version, e.g. you don't have to return to "town" to hatch eggs. I was reading through this guide http://pad.wikia.com..._Players'_Guide

And for the tutorial REM pull I got some kind of black dragon. Should I reroll until I get something decent before I actually sink time into my account? Should I wait until Christmas for their event?

I was going to do that, but then I would have to download it everytime they update it, and it would probably make me wanna stop playing  :p
So I used a VPN to go to the American store and now I have the app, and I can still update it  :D

That's a great idea. What VPN/tool did you use to do that? The game is blocked in my country as well :(

#17 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2015 - 03:21 AM

That's a great idea. What VPN/tool did you use to do that? The game is blocked in my country as well :(

I didn't get a notification, I'm glad I visited the topic :p
I used an app called TunnelBear, it gives you 500 MB for free, more than enough to download the game.

#18 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2015 - 03:54 AM

I didn't get a notification, I'm glad I visited the topic :p
I used an app called TunnelBear, it gives you 500 MB for free, more than enough to download the game.

Didn't work for me :( VPN is working correctly however the play store is still showing me that the app is not available in my country. Did you change your Google login? I think since I've used the play store before, it saved that I'm from Germany.

#19 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2015 - 04:01 AM

Didn't work for me :( VPN is working correctly however the play store is still showing me that the app is not available in my country. Did you change your Google login? I think since I've used the play store before, it saved that I'm from Germany.

I don't remember if I changed my login, but I had to change the language of my phone to English (it's usually in Portuguese). If that doesn't work, you probably need another account to download it.

#20 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:39 AM

Okay so I got a shiny new phone and installed this game. I think it works a lot better than the 3DS version, e.g. you don't have to return to "town" to hatch eggs. I was reading through this guide http://pad.wikia.com..._Players'_Guide

And for the tutorial REM pull I got some kind of black dragon. Should I reroll until I get something decent before I actually sink time into my account? Should I wait until Christmas for their event?

Starting with a good monster isn't essential but it makes going through dungeons more enjoyable. In 14 hours there will be a godfest so your chances of getting something really good is high, i prefer using this site for information and schedules: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

#21 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:20 AM

Starting with a good monster isn't essential but it makes going through dungeons more enjoyable. In 14 hours there will be a godfest so your chances of getting something really good is high, i prefer using this site for information and schedules: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

Thanks. I'm feeling information overloaded but I think I'll just try playing for a bit before diving too deep into all the guides. Rerolled like 7 times or so and got Lu Bu.. Think I'll stick with him because I'm sick of replaying the goddamn tutorial xD

#22 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:10 AM

Thanks. I'm feeling information overloaded but I think I'll just try playing for a bit before diving too deep into all the guides. Rerolled like 7 times or so and got Lu Bu.. Think I'll stick with him because I'm sick of replaying the goddamn tutorial xD

Ugh yeah doing the tutorial over and over is a pain.

I was dumb when I started and didn't know about rerolling or anything so I didn't even get a god for a while.

#23 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:32 AM

I'm making new accounts, grinding up to rank 20 for present egg machine rolls (you can only do it once per account and you can send a roll to someone on your friends list and they get a roll too) to try and get a specific monster, then deleting and trying again if I don't get what I want and I'm ready to die :( I've only done it twice so far too lmao

#24 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:41 AM

Actually, Lu Bu is a really good monster that could take you to the 200s - 300s, you just need other devil monsters to go with him. You would want to find friends that run him, red sonia, or other leaders that boost devil types. 

Red Sonia

1645.png 912.png

#25 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:52 PM

I'm making new accounts, grinding up to rank 20 for present egg machine rolls (you can only do it once per account and you can send a roll to someone on your friends list and they get a roll too) to try and get a specific monster, then deleting and trying again if I don't get what I want and I'm ready to die :( I've only done it twice so far too lmao

Omg, I'm not even rank 20 yet and I played for a few hours yesterday ;_;. Couldn't ever imagine doing more than that just for a roll. @_@" What monster are you looking for? Btw I tried to add you and it said you weren't accepting friend requests or something.

Actually, Lu Bu is a really good monster that could take you to the 200s - 300s, you just need other devil monsters to go with him. You would want to find friends that run him, red sonia, or other leaders that boost devil types. 

That's good to know, I haven't looked so much into monster skills etc. yet. Already have one RSonia in my list :3 How often can you use the same friend as a helper? Just noticed there's some kind of cooldown but haven't figured out what it is exactly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users