• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1235 replies to this topic

#51 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:24 AM

@Tailwind reading reviews on child of light and lots of people seem worried about uplay, should i be?

Uplay is very hit or miss. I'd personally try to go without it if at all possible, even though most of the problems stemmed from when the game was first released months ago.

#52 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:25 AM

OH, I'm just gonna answer everything 'cause I really like questions lol.

• If I could be anywhere in the world I'd be in some desert Island where it's Summer all year. I'd build some shack on the beach and catch my own fish. Nothing really new, I guess a lot of people have the same dream. :/
  • If I could, I'd go back to 1920, just for the clothes alone. But my morbid self would love to witness the black plague, the 1755 earthquake or the greatest idea of the XIX century "let's take pics of dead people cause #YOLO #SWAG". If I could only pick one, I'd defenitly pick the last one. Pics of dead people, what's not to love?
  • I used to be highly addicted to tv shows, but presently I only follow GoT, TWD, Hannibal and Grey's anatomy. And I have no doubt that GoT it's the most amazing thing I've ever seen on TV. 
  • I don't know what I'm afraid of, honestly. I don't think I have real fears. :/
  • Personal mascot? A wolf. I have this recurrent nightmare where I'm a wolf and I'm hunting people. It's amazing.
  • I'm the type of person that prays for a zombie apocalypse to happen. I'd survive it by killing every moving thing I'd encounter. I have all figured out, actually. Since I live in a rural area and have a cabin in the middle of the woods, I'd would just stock up on supplies (I know all the stores, and know which neighbors have animals in their farms). There's a gun store here for hunters. I know what the guy sells there, I know the layout of the store, and I'm absolutely positive I'd have no problems killing zombies. I'd have no problems surviving a Z apocalypse.
  • My comfort food is my super special spaghetti with mixed eggs. It's so good it should be illegal.
  • About my job, I'm currently on a break. Until recently I was making crafting things with recycled materials. I got bored so I quit. I get bored very quickly, and fortunately I'm lucky enough that I can actually take breaks between jobs. I don't like spend money on useless things and I managed to keep a good amount of cash from when I was in the military/police. And my husband has a nice job so... lol

#53 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:29 AM

Grrr. The lag is strong today. Double posted by accident so editing this to be about something else. Sense8 sounds a bit like powers, anybody watched that?

Also anybody notice a strong surge of The office characters? Today at the cinema, between the movie I was watching, trailers and posters... I spotted 3 people from the office

Edited by argonate, 13 June 2015 - 08:36 AM.

#54 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:32 AM

Any Splatoon US people going to be participating in the Splatfest? Will you be going Cats or Dogs?

I'm just praying we don't have the same problem as the Japanese are having during theirs. So many people picked Rice over Bread, so matches very often end up being 4v1 or 4v2. :(

#55 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:32 AM

Sense8? What's that?

Sensate (italiano). Sense hate.

Uhh

#56 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:36 AM

Sense8? What's that?
Sensate (italiano). Sense hate.
Uhh

Yeah, it's a word play on sensate, and there are 8 main characters and they can sense each other :p
Watch the trailer! (You too @argonate)
http://www.neocodex..../127002-sense8/

#57 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:41 AM

I'm watching breaking bad right now. kinda late, but SUCH A GOOD SHOW OMG

I've never watched it and it sounds so boring to me.

#58 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:42 AM

Another opportunity to talk about my overtly complicated study lol.

I study Interactive Performance Design at a theater faculty of an art school. The short version is that we make interactive theater using the laws of gaming and user interaction. The longer version is, that we make a sort of hybrid form between theater and games: we learn theater subjects like dramathurgy, directing, lighting, acting, et cetera but also gaming subjects like game analysis, study of game genres, 3D-work, coding, et cetera.  We combine this knowledge of both fields to not have passive audience member or players playing behind a computer screen, but to have them actively involved in the story. Examples of what we would be able to create range as far as a simple haunted house or an escape room to something more elaborate like Punch Drunk's Sleep No More that played in New York, which @DonValentino saw and I was all excited about in chat :D

For our last class assignment we made an interactive play about an autistic man who is unable to deal with emotion that came in contact with an alien from another dimension in which emotion did not exist. The participants were guided through the story through a series of emotion-invoking psychological tests and games in order to teach the alien emotions. I played the alien (voice acting).

nC7jjJt.jpg

Picture by Baldwin Henderson

#59 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:42 AM

Yeah, it's a word play on sensate, and there are 8 main characters and they can sense each other :p

Obrigada, gatineo.

I'll bookmark that 'cause I'm lazy as fuck too busy right now. :rolleyes:

#60 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:43 AM

I've never watched it and it sounds so boring to me.

Glad I'm not the only one. By the time I had even heard of the show it was incredibly overhyped, and what little I had seen via gifs or references didn't appeal to me in the slightest.

#61 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:46 AM

I haven't watched OITNB after season 1 episode 3. I really don't like not having netflix or a stable internet connection to watch it. I've heard nothing but great things! 

I wish I had more time to watch TV. Everyone I know seems to like this show! I'm still trying to catch up on stuff from 4 years ago! :/

What other games do you guys play? All I play is Sims lol 

I don't really play anything anymore. I keep reupping WoW just to play for a day and then not have time again. Last time I paid for it for 3 months before I finally killed it again. I played. One day. One. Yeesh.

I USED to play games. I played Sims, Guild Wars, had a brief love affair with Viva Pinata, I've played Animal Crossing twice just so I could recollect all the museum pieces. I also had a "game graveyard" where I would play betas or intro versions of games, get the characters either max level for the beta or to level 10, and then kill it. I never had time or patience fo rmuch end game stuff, and this way I got to play everything. I played a little bit longer if the game let you fish. I love fake fishing for no apparent reason.

I remember playing DDR when I was younger. I dunno. I didn't really play a lot of games. I remember having Pokemon and A Bug's Life for my gameboy lol 

OOOH DDR. I used to play that too. I wasn't super great at it, but I loved "DDR Max 2" ha. I even bought a version for here out of the discount bin a couple years ago. Then figured out the pads are still relatively expensive. Boo.

#62 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Glad I'm not the only one. By the time I had even heard of the show it was incredibly overhyped, and what little I had seen via gifs or references didn't appeal to me in the slightest.

Yeah, I don't get the hype. And when I ask people why they think it's good, I don't get really convincing answers :p

@ortin what makes it good?

#63 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

looks good. Diverse cast i see. Is that the guy from Heroes?

#64 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:47 AM

It is the highest rated TV show ever, so there's that. The basic story is a bit non traditional and very interesting, you should at least Google it :p

I know what the story is about, and that's one of the main reasons I'm not interested xD

#65 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:47 AM

My first console (and still only, unless you count a PC) was a Game Boy Advance. Had to have dem Pokeman

I did some Pokemon, which seems perfect for a person that loves to collect ALL THE THINGS. I started with Diamond though. It got less fun when I dated some guy that worked at a Gamestop, because I would just go steal all the Pokemon off the used games before he sold them. Took the fun out of it. And I had no one to really play against.

#66 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:48 AM

Wow lol this thread is going fast as hell.

I play lots of Skyrim btw. Lots and looots of skyrim.

#67 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:49 AM

looks good. Diverse cast i see. Is that the guy from Heroes?

Yeah, I feel like the real reason behind it is to show diversity lol but it's great, and teaches a lot about life in different perspectives. I don't know, which guy?

#68 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:49 AM

Super busy at work today. A lot of people loading appliances. Getting my work out in! First day back from Vacation so I am like ARGH. Building that muscle though. MIght be slow on posting :( 100 posts will be hard!

Just start documenting all the loading jobs you're doing. Tell customers it's for your little brother's high school social studies project or something. :D Bonus points if you flex in front of the appliance.

#69 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:51 AM

It got less fun when I dated some guy that worked at a Gamestop, because I would just go steal all the Pokemon off the used games before he sold them. Took the fun out of it.

I could understand maybe ganking the event Pokémon off the games because they're extremely limited and hard to obtain legitimately otherwise, but taking literally everything is going a bit too far in my opinion.

#70 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

I know what the story is about, and that's one of the main reasons I'm not interested xD

Thank god I'm not alone in that. lol

#71 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Wow, that's really judgmental, Argonate. They've just gone through this dramatic transformation that they put their whole lives into, and that's a deal breaker for you? Now's when they need you the most

I just started a new job on Monday. It's my first factory job, and it's definitely going to get me in shape...or at least a better shape than I'm in now...which, honestly isn't saying much

Nice Guppie! What kind of factory work are you doing? I actually work in sales. I will be here for another 4 hours. I have been doing some strength training at work like push ups on the chairs. I am trying to eat better and lose some weight! I want to lose about 10-20 lbs before I go visit Jess again! We will see!

#72 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:52 AM

goooooooood morning neocdoex! here is my post and since I already have the award I don't think I'm gonna stick around much today.

I have a lot of errands to run and to try and not get murdered from the craigslist killer. Hope everyone has a great day!

#73 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:53 AM

goooooooood morning neocdoex! here is my post and since I already have the award I don't think I'm gonna stick around much today.

I have a lot of errands to run and to try and not get murdered from the craigslist killer. Hope everyone has a great day!

Check snapchat, pls

#74 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Just start documenting all the loading jobs you're doing. Tell customers it's for your little brother's high school social studies project or something. :D Bonus points if you flex in front of the appliance.

Haha nobody to impress so far. I just had to get a dishwasher off the high rack and it was crazy difficult. Finally got my salad in for lunch! Busy Busy! at about 12 pieces loaded so far today and about 2 sales lost because I was loading the other guys stuff. #WhatReallyGrindsMyGears

#75 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Yeah, I feel like the real reason behind it is to show diversity lol but it's great, and teaches a lot about life in different perspectives. I don't know, which guy?

Definitely the vibe I'm getting too. Very interested but I remember earlier someone mentioned it has lots of nudity? Nothing turns me off a show faster than gratuitous nudity (ha ha ha). The reason I still haven't watched Orange is the new black is because I tried watching an episode with some people around and it started off with straight up nudity. Awks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users