Quantcast

Photo

Tell me something bad that happened to you today.

• Please log in to reply
2269 replies to this topic

#2201 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:48 AM

A can of BLACK MOTHERFUCKING PAINT fell open on the floor. I spent the last hour saving a white dress. Had to throw out some pieces of clothing.

01a.jpg

#2202 Kakashi

Kakashi
  • 71 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:26 PM

Its so hot today i tried putting on some of my old shorts to wear, despite my unsightly pasty white looking legs, and realized im too fat for them now *sigh*

#2203 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:53 PM

Sick and tired of lending people money. You'd think it'd be fine to lend close friends small amounts like 5 euros, 10 euros, 15 euros. You expect some of them to be forgetful, be a bit later about paying you back. But would you expect 6 of your friends to be a month overdue, while simply ignoring your constant reminders? All at the same time? Not even being able to say "Hey, I'm a bit short right now, salary's in a week" or "Sorry I forgot, I'll get right to it!". One of 'm owes me 180, due 2 months ago!

This is how you lose my benevolence, folks.

#2204 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:43 PM

Walk into the hospital at 6am. Open up my computer to start chart reviewing my patients in the room with the Residents I work with. Message pops up: "**** ****** died at **** ***** on **** ****, do you still wish to continue?"

I look to the resident next to me: "Um, did Mr so and so die yesterday?" (thinking the old crappy VA computer system screwed up, bc Mr so and so was definitely dying, but hospice literaly consulted 18 hours earlier saying that he didn't qualify as he only had a 33% chance of dying in 12 months)

"Oh yeah, I forgot, you had just left. Yeah," he sighed as he slowly turned his head back to continue working. 

He then proceeded to tell me that because the man took away his DNAR (do not attempt resuscitation) order 2 days earlier, he had to perform CPR, which accomplished nothing except for the dead man spitting up a liter of blood during chest compressions before his wife showed up. And his reason for revoking his DNAR was so that he could have a long conversation with his wife first, about his prognosis, which she did not fully comprehend, until she saw her husband's bloody, lifeless body. 

#2205 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:48 PM

Walk into the hospital at 6am. Open up my computer to start chart reviewing my patients in the room with the Residents I work with. Message pops up: "**** ****** died at **** ***** on **** ****, do you still wish to continue?"

I look to the resident next to me: "Um, did Mr so and so die yesterday?" (thinking the old crappy VA computer system screwed up, bc Mr so and so was definitely dying, but hospice literaly consulted 18 hours earlier saying that he didn't qualify as he only had a 33% chance of dying in 12 months)

"Oh yeah, I forgot, you had just left. Yeah," he sighed as he slowly turned his head back to continue working. 

He then proceeded to tell me that because the man took away his DNAR (do not attempt resuscitation) order 2 days earlier, he had to perform CPR, which accomplished nothing except for the dead man spitting up a liter of blood during chest compressions before his wife showed up. And his reason for revoking his DNAR was so that he could have a long conversation with his wife first, about his prognosis, which she did not fully comprehend, until she saw her husband's bloody, lifeless body. 

I respect what you do. That sounds absolutely terrible.

#2206 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:49 PM

I respect what you do. That sounds absolutely terrible.

Yeah, the guy who was doing the chest compressions and was in charge of the code was pretty shaken up about it. Even through the day when he was trying to do the death certificate thing. Lots of deaths happen in the hospital, most of them aren't like that one. I'll be honest, I am kinda glad I missed that ordeal

#2207 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:17 PM

Yeah, the guy who was doing the chest compressions and was in charge of the code was pretty shaken up about it. Even through the day when he was trying to do the death certificate thing. Lots of deaths happen in the hospital, most of them aren't like that one. I'll be honest, I am kinda glad I missed that ordeal

Fucking Hell. I'm not even a part of any of it and my stomach flipped over and went off the cliff.

#2208 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:07 AM

Why did he have blood in the lungs?

#2209 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:46 PM

He had end stage liver disease with multi-organ failure (heart, lungs, kidneys). I don't know what the acute cause was that caused everything to happen, but I imagine he had a bleed, possibly from esophageal varices, although it could have been a large number of things.

Also, Another weird thing you see at the VA you don't (hopefully) see at other hospitals:

Talking to a patient who has one leg, and told him we are going to have to do another above the knee amputation because of his continued smoking, uncontrolled diabetes, among many other problems. His response to us telling him he will no longer have any legs at the end of the week: "Ok. When can I have my next smoke?" 0_0

#2210 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:57 PM

I guess my day wasn't that bad. May respect for what you do. 

The worst part of my day was realizing how many days of the AC scavenger hunt I've missed.

#2211 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2017 - 08:14 PM

He had end stage liver disease with multi-organ failure (heart, lungs, kidneys). I don't know what the acute cause was that caused everything to happen, but I imagine he had a bleed, possibly from esophageal varices, although it could have been a large number of things.

Also, Another weird thing you see at the VA you don't (hopefully) see at other hospitals:

Talking to a patient who has one leg, and told him we are going to have to do another above the knee amputation because of his continued smoking, uncontrolled diabetes, among many other problems. His response to us telling him he will no longer have any legs at the end of the week: "Ok. When can I have my next smoke?" 0_0

That was what I saw during my 500 hours of C.S. at the VA.   The smoking, not the bleeding.  I mean saw some bleeding but nothing like that. 

#2212 weaboo

weaboo
  • 218 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:50 AM

Broke up w my bf of 6 years, turns out he's the least interested in even fighting for me, I've spent majority of my time in shock, how can you possibly be so in love w someone, someone you won't even fight for. 

Happiness awaits none the less. (:

#2213 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:05 AM

Broke up w my bf of 6 years, turns out he's the least interested in even fighting for me, I've spent majority of my time in shock, how can you possibly be so in love w someone, someone you won't even fight for. 

Happiness awaits none the less. (:

Because as cheesy as it sounds you can be blinded by love.

It's similar as to when all your friends tell you the person you're with is an asshole, but you insist she isn't with the classic "you guys don't know her like I do". It isn't until you break up when the blindfold starts to falls off.

I'm sorry to hear that tho, take care.

#2214 weaboo

weaboo
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:45 AM

Because as cheesy as it sounds you can be blinded by love.

It's similar as to when all your friends tell you the person you're with is an asshole, but you insist she isn't with the classic "you guys don't know her like I do". It isn't until you break up when the blindfold starts to falls off.

I'm sorry to hear that tho, take care.

Yeah, i realise that after 6 years. <3 

#2215 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:57 AM

Yeah, i realise that after 6 years. <3 

Better late than never.

#2216 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:13 PM

I was super excited to visit some relatives the next two weeks, but I'm not going anymore because of money issues. I'm quite worried now.

#2217 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:27 AM

Being sick in this heat with no AC. Cool, cool.

#2218 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:00 AM

This idiot:

HngxUAH.jpg

#2219 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:44 AM

My dr called and all of my bloodwork is not what I anticipated. I'm back to square two.

#2220 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:43 PM

Finally caved and took my car to the doctor. Based on what I told them was happening they are shocked I hadn't had a fire under the hood :/ let's hope it's not too expensive to fix.

#2221 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:32 PM

Not really today but I think a package of rare albums i bought from Japan went missing on the way here..... I can rebuy 2 of the 3 but I don't really want to since I don't have that money and who knows how long they'll be available for........

TNrFxhZ.jpg

They might still show up? I ordered meds from the Philippines once and it took about a year, but they made it.

#2222 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:17 AM

@Jess what were the labwork anomalies? Im sorry it sounds like your taking a step backwards. =/

#2223 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:43 PM

@Jess what were the labwork anomalies? Im sorry it sounds like your taking a step backwards. =/

Riboflavin is through the floor, all other b's on high end of normal. Calcium high (was normal last month, barely) Low iron, normal CBC otherwise except high platelets that keep rising. Iron was normal every month from November to now, platelets have always been high.

#2224 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:45 PM

Any reason you are getting your blood checked every month? If you check enough different labs frequently enough, everyone is gonna have abnormalities

#2225 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:04 PM

Any reason you are getting your blood checked every month? If you check enough different labs frequently enough, everyone is gonna have abnormalities

It's just the iron/Cbc/kidney stuff that's monthly. I'm covered in bruises, like even tiny fingerprints where people touch me. There's a lot more, but basically they dunno what's wrong and are entertaining themselves with my veins. And I just told you what's not normal, the vast majority of what's been tested is normal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users