• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:05 PM

The series stars Matt Dillon as Ethan Burke, a U.S. Secret Service agent investigating the disappearance of two fellow agents in the mysterious small town of Wayward Pines, Idaho. Ethan awakens from a car accident unable to contact the outside world, and unable to leave. He finds one of the agents dead and the other, his former mistress Kate Hewson (Carla Gugino), settled down in the seemingly idyllic town. But the inhabitants of Wayward Pines are trapped there by a set of rules enforced by the sinister Sheriff Arnold Pope (Terrence Howard), and any attempt to escape is punished by a public execution known as a "reckoning."

Show gets good around episode 2, with little filler and the big twist in 5 that explains errthang. Huge mindshag!

#2 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:36 PM

Sounds kinda shyamalan.

#3 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:22 AM

It's actually based off of the Wayward Pines trilogy by Blake Crouch. Episode 5 is the end of the first book and the remaining 5 is the 2nd and 3rd book. Seems like a one-off type of show.

#4 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:12 AM

Sounds kinda shyamalan.

Yeah, reminded me of the Village, 'twas a shit movie that one. I think I shall take a look at this one though, Scat's usually on the money with his TV shows :)

#5 WeirwoodTreeHugger

WeirwoodTreeHugger
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:24 AM

I actually really enjoy the show. It has you on the edge of your seat because you really want to know the direction it's headed. So far they've revealed a huge twist and it's kind of like huh??? It gets a little silly, but if you have not else to watch I would recommend it. I mean Shannyn Sossamon is in it  :wub:

#6 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:09 AM

Sounds interesting, like something I'd enjoy. I have so many shows on my list on Netflix though... maybe I'll get around to watching it. Especially if there aren't a ton of episodes. xD

#7 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:51 AM

Wait, did you initially fucking tag this with shyamalan? I swear I didn't see that before.

#8 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:26 PM

I like the show. I have a soft spot for Shyamalan. :wub:
It's not one of those shows I can't say it's brilliant, but it's entertaining enough to leave me waiting to see what happens next, which is quite rare with most TV content nowadays.
Without use any spoilers, for those who knows Shyamalan's work, discovering the plot twist was the most exciting thing so far, bringing a lots of more questions. Let's see what future episodes bring. :rolleyes:

And I didn't know it was based on a series of books. I shall do my research! :)

#9 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:52 AM

I started watching this today, it's gr8

#10 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:54 AM

I don't know if I can watch this... it looks interesting but M Night Syamalan....  :headshake:

#11 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:01 PM

What is Pamela up to? It is no coincidence that Amy's condition got worse right when she is trying to shake things up.

#12 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:17 PM

Hmm that ending...

time to stare out the window

#13 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:03 PM

I've been neglecting this show. D:
I'll binge watch it tomorrow.

#14 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:07 AM

Finished it yesterday.
Damn, I always thought teens are creepy.
I didn't get if those who were hanged were kids or adults, though :/

#15 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:31 AM

This was cancelled but now its been uncancelled! Season 2 is out!

#16 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:37 AM

Yes! I saw the promo today. I'll have to rewatch the first season lol

#17 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:09 PM

I told my dad about the show (I haven't watched it yet) this Sunday. Today he called me super excited about it, he's already on episode 8. He works all day everyday, so if he got time to watch that many episodes, it's because he really loves it hahaha. Too bad I'm not watching it with him because of school :/

#18 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:14 PM

Just started watching this today and wow!! It's a good one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: creepy small town, mindshag, m night shyamalan, mystery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users