halp hardware hard drive laptop hp kate nudes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:53 AM

The hard drive in my laptop went out about 6 months ago and now I have decided I want to replace it. I have been using a crappy older laptop in the meantime, and it's getting too annoying to continue.

I have an HP DM4-2070US model featured here. It came with a 640 GB hard drive and as those are impossible to find, I was going to replace it with a 750 or 1 TB, but I am unsure which to go with. This is primarily because I am unsure which will even fit. Based on sellers descriptions on Amazon, it seems that both this one as well as this one are compatible. I guess first and foremost, is it safe to assume they will fit? I have no reason not to believe that they won't, but reassurance would be nice. I don't want to buy something and be stuck with it in the event it doesn't work.

Secondly, are there any alternatives to consider? The laptop hard drive section on newegg is so vast I don't know how to determine which will fit in my laptop. Going off of that first link, could I not just find a 2.5 inch SATA hard drive on newegg (such as this or this) instead of one from Amazon?

Any help/advice would be appreciated. I just want to have a decent laptop again. I probably should have done this before the AC started as it would have made my scoresending experience much more enjoyable.

Thanks!

Edited by talbs, 25 June 2015 - 04:55 AM.

#2 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:15 AM

I replaced a defective toshiba hard drive on a old laptop with a samsung ssd and it's been working fine since.

I think a 2.5'' sata hard drives/ssds should be compatible with most laptops.

Edited by jinq, 25 June 2015 - 05:20 AM.

#3 Derpy

Derpy
  • 134 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:03 PM

I replaced a defective toshiba hard drive on a old laptop with a samsung ssd and it's been working fine since.

I think a 2.5'' sata hard drives/ssds should be compatible with most laptops.

^This, just make sure that it is a 2.5" one so it will fit.

Also, since the newegg ones are bare drives make sure you have the SATA cables to plug it into your laptop. I would recommend using newegg because they're pretty good about returns on the off chance it doesn't work out or the HDD is DoA.

#4 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:24 PM

I'd hate to post simply to echo earlier posts but...the samsung SSD should work perfectly on most laptops. Just check if it fits.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: halp, hardware, hard drive, laptop, hp, kate nudes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users