• Please log in to reply
619 replies to this topic

#76 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:00 PM

I'm registered Democrat and voted for Obama the first time cause i thought it was going to be the best thing for my family in the future (now) I don't know what to do anymore. 

#77 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:08 PM

I'm registered Democrat and voted for Obama the first time cause i thought it was going to be the best thing for my family in the future (now) I don't know what to do anymore.

Don't elect trump.

At least Hillary promised campaign finance reform. I'd like to see some legislation overturning citizens united.

#78 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:16 PM

At least Hillary promised campaign finance reform. I'd like to see some legislation overturning citizens united.

Pick the Dem candidate that wins the primaries.  Bernie or Hillary are both superior to what the GOP has to offer, even though I'm not sold on Hillary.  

I can guarantee some older members remember me leaning stupidly far right at points.  I'm at an odd point where I agree with the "Lower Taxes!" and "Smaller government!" the GOP wants, but I can no longer agree with them on social policies (Remember how I used to lean right?  Yeah...  Let's not delve too deep into this).  I value worker's rights, the right to a living wage, health care, etc. far more than my tax bill... Even though I'd appreciate it if the federal government, you know, shaved a percentage or two off a marginal bracket or two (Or reformed Social Security...  I'm paying into this Ponzi scheme, and I'll be lucky to get 70% [one proposed reform rate] out.  I'm more than capable of saving on my own, thank you very much...).

#79 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:20 AM

He's not racist, anti-Semitic or homophobic enough?

Essentially.

Edited by talbs, 21 July 2015 - 05:20 AM.

#80 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:43 PM

Pick the Dem candidate that wins the primaries.  Bernie or Hillary are both superior to what the GOP has to offer, even though I'm not sold on Hillary.  

I can guarantee some older members remember me leaning stupidly far right at points.  I'm at an odd point where I agree with the "Lower Taxes!" and "Smaller government!" the GOP wants, but I can no longer agree with them on social policies (Remember how I used to lean right?  Yeah...  Let's not delve too deep into this).  I value worker's rights, the right to a living wage, health care, etc. far more than my tax bill... Even though I'd appreciate it if the federal government, you know, shaved a percentage or two off a marginal bracket or two (Or reformed Social Security...  I'm paying into this Ponzi scheme, and I'll be lucky to get 70% [one proposed reform rate] out.  I'm more than capable of saving on my own, thank you very much...).

:o 

#81 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2015 - 11:35 AM

I got my rainbow Feel The Bern sticker and then a thunderstorm hit, every part of me became soaked in water and my sticker pretty much disintegrated. 

Womp. 

#82 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:27 PM

The Republican debates are in a week. I bought two bottles of Stella Rosa for this beautiful mess

#83 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:05 AM

Rand Paul (would rather have Ron Paul but Rand is the next best option)

According to the survey, I agree most with Rick Santorum, but Rand Paul was only a few % worse. 

#84 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:22 PM

Who's stoked for the debate on Thursday?

Pick me! Pick me!

I'm going to load up on light beer, because I'll be playing some drinking game.  Scheduled for two hours.  I'm liking the rules on DebatedDrinking.  I might pick two candidates so I can really regret life on Friday.

#85 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:26 PM

Who's stoked for the debate on Thursday?

Pick me! Pick me!

I'm going to load up on light beer, because I'll be playing some drinking game.  Scheduled for two hours.  I'm liking the rules on DebatedDrinking.  I might pick two candidates so I can really regret life on Friday.

Why not a nice dark beer =[. I'm sad.

#86 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:25 PM

Why not a nice dark beer =[. I'm sad.

If I'm drinking in massive quantities I want it to be cheap.

Not many dark beers qualify.  I'll probably buy a cube of High Life or something.

#87 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:43 PM

Donald Trump 2016

This smells like trouble for me and my fellow illegal mexicans ..

#88 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:52 PM

(I'm sorry, I thought it was funny and that it fit). 

Smells like trouble if you're not male, rich, and white. 

#89 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:53 PM

Any post with TSwift gets a +rep from me <3. *heart eyes*

#90 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:19 PM

Why? Are you illegal or something?  :o

#91 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:29 PM

Yup. Don't think he'll win though (unless the Democrats get behind him). Bernie imo is the best candidate but he won't win as his funding is so low. Hillary will win because she's corrupt and meets the only criteria that women everywhere hold her to. Which is not having a penis.

Edit: Also didn't you hear? I fucking hate Taylor Swift. :p

Why? Are you illegal or something?  :o

Yeah but I've fled to Canada so I think I'll be safe from Trump's reign of white power. Also my above opinion is why I'm not worried. Me and my tacos are safe.

#92 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:37 PM

I'm really hoping it's Sanders who gets the nom. I really don't want to have to vote for Hillary, and it'll be her vs some republican I don't want to vote for either. If only college kids had more money, Sanders would probably get wayyy more funding. Honestly Hillary, "debt free" college, is very close to "free college", because it's very unlikely that every single person who goes to college will be able to afford it without any sort of debt. There's no way colleges are going to lower their prices so cheap that everyone can afford it just fine. They won't be able to run anything otherwise. They wouldn't be able to pay the Professors, and if they were able to, I don't think the Professors would want to work for so little money, so you wouldn't have Professors to teach. If a college managed to find some, I don't think they'd be very good Professors, and kids might as well have wasted their money, as they won't get a good education that would allow them to get a good job. 

I feel like sometimes Hillary just says things to say things, and that she's afraid of sometimes calling things what they are. Like "debt free college" as I said seems very close to "free college", but she's afraid if she says "Free college" there's gonna be a ton of people who won't vote for her because they think they'll have higher taxes to pay for all the "free college". 

#93 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:29 PM

Trump's getting ratings right now because he's a running trainwreck. People can't look away. I really doubt he's going to make it to the final republican spot. Mother nature kill us all if he does.

I really hope Bernie gets the final in for democrats, personally. I really enjoy bernie and hsi longtime standup for what he believes in. He's one of the last real consistent legislators we have up on Capitol Hill. I have to put in my vote crazy early because I'm living out of the country, but realistic reform all the way, whoever gets in. For the love of chocolate, please realistic reform.

#94 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:32 PM

Yeah but I've fled to Canada so I think I'll be safe from Trump's reign of white power. Also my above opinion is why I'm not worried. Me and my tacos are safe.

I was joking about Trump winning though. I'm not even american :p

(And we all know he's a dick)

#95 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:09 PM

I was joking about Trump winning though. I'm not even american :p

(And we all know he's a dick)

I'm not American either. Seems like we've stumbled into the wrong thread. :p

#96 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:12 PM

Still amused that Roseanne Barr got a significant amount of votes in the last election. 

#97 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:19 PM

I'm really hoping it's Sanders who gets the nom. I really don't want to have to vote for Hillary, and it'll be her vs some republican I don't want to vote for either. If only college kids had more money, Sanders would probably get wayyy more funding. Honestly Hillary, "debt free" college, is very close to "free college", because it's very unlikely that every single person who goes to college will be able to afford it without any sort of debt. There's no way colleges are going to lower their prices so cheap that everyone can afford it just fine. They won't be able to run anything otherwise. They wouldn't be able to pay the Professors, and if they were able to, I don't think the Professors would want to work for so little money, so you wouldn't have Professors to teach. If a college managed to find some, I don't think they'd be very good Professors, and kids might as well have wasted their money, as they won't get a good education that would allow them to get a good job. 

I feel like sometimes Hillary just says things to say things, and that she's afraid of sometimes calling things what they are. Like "debt free college" as I said seems very close to "free college", but she's afraid if she says "Free college" there's gonna be a ton of people who won't vote for her because they think they'll have higher taxes to pay for all the "free college". 

I actually have no idea about this debt free college thing so I'd have to look that up, but when calling her corrupt I was more looking at her choice of big corporation lobbyists backing her up in exchange for who knows what as well as her covering up the abundance of shady shit she does behind closed doors. 

#98 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:22 PM

Still amused that Roseanne Barr got a significant amount of votes in the last election.

Significant?

I mean there are significant followings for Mickey Mouse and Santa Claus in US Presidential elections. If they pick Roseanne I'm just happy they voted for a real, living person.

#99 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:24 PM

Significant?

I mean there are significant followings for Mickey Mouse and Santa Claus in US Presidential elections. If they pick Roseanne I'm just happy they voted for a real, living person.

http://www.huffingto..._n_2088588.html

I mean... it isn't a lot but it's still got me baffled LOL

#100 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:41 PM

Oh, I thought it was a write in campaign. Like a protest vote.

But she actually campaigned? lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users