• This topic is locked This topic is locked
136 replies to this topic

#1 OvertAnglerfish

OvertAnglerfish
  • 86 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:25 PM

POPULAR POST!

EDIT (2/15/2018): It's been almost 3 years since I wrote this code and it's always been pretty brittle/buggy. I'm going to leave it up for archive purposes, but I'm currently working on a new version of this that will eventually run as a standalone exe instead of a browser script. No ETA on this, but if this is something you want, let me know and that might give me some more motivation to work on it faster.

WARNING: Use at your own risk. The account that I was testing this on was frozen. Whether it was for this or something else, I'm not sure.

I highly, highly recommend playing the game manually first to understand the cycle of producing and selling plushies before using this script. 

If nothing else, read through this guide first:

http://www.neopets.com/~maplehood

The code is now hosted on my github:

https://github.com/O.../Plushie-Tycoon

To use, copy the code into a new greasemonkey/tampermonkey script.

Here are the steps to get the program started:

1. Create a new game of plushie tycoon

2. Go to the main page

3. Click the button that says "Set up new store."

4. Once it's done, click "Start"

5. Let it run!

You can change what timezone it picks by changing the field in the script.

Here's a quick overview of what the program can and cannot do:

The program will:

• Buy materials and start jobs when materials are cheap enough
  • Hire and fire employees to make plushies without going bankrupt
  • Ship the plushies when they're ready
  • Upgrade factory and store size as necessary
  • Refresh every few minutes to check for updates

It also has a little sidebar of useful information below the Neofriends box.

The program will not:

• Upgrade your warehouse size
  • Buy Advertisements or upgrades for your shop beyond the initial set-up purchase
  • Pay rents (can be done by clicking the button on the home page)

WARNING: If you have workers hired after the last update of the day, make sure you open the plushie tycoon page before the second update the next day. Otherwise, you could possibly go bankrupt and end your game.

If the program ever seems to be stuck, try hitting the reset button on the main page.

If you have any comments, questions, concerns, feedback, I'll be around :)

Frequently Asked Questions

It's not doing anything, help?

It's most likely that the program is waiting for the prices of the raw goods to go down before it buys materials and starts jobs.

The prices of raw goods in plushie tycoon change every hour around the :23 minute mark, so just be patient.

The script started loading some pages, but it stopped again. What's going on now?

If jobs have been started in your factory, then the program is doing what it's supposed to. Actions in Plushie Tycoon take place in real time over the course of the entire month.

Edited by OvertAnglerfish, 15 February 2018 - 10:11 AM.

#2 SuperDuperPuppu

SuperDuperPuppu
  • 148 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

This is fantastic. Thank you! Will be making several side accounts to try this out (when I have a little time). +rep

#3 OvertAnglerfish

OvertAnglerfish
  • 86 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:41 PM

Please let me know if you have any issues. I can only do so much testing by myself. Also the original that I posted actually had a problem with it, so uh, try recopying.

#4 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:18 PM

Oh this is so awesome ^^ I'll try it right away. What NST time is it set to now? Also how long should I let it run until its done?
Can you write a minimal guide on the steps we're supposed to take ourselves? (PT noob here)

#5 OvertAnglerfish

OvertAnglerfish
  • 86 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:18 AM

Oh this is so awesome ^^ I'll try it right away. What NST time is it set to now? Also how long should I let it run until its done?
Can you write a minimal guide on the steps we're supposed to take ourselves? (PT noob here)

http://www.neopets.com/~MapleHood

^This is pretty much the strategy it follows.

I have it set to 2 hours behind NST, since that's the time zone that works best for me personally. Basically, the number in time zone is relative to NST, so 0 is the same as NST.

How long you run it is up to you. If you want the absolute max possible neopoints, you can run it every single day during the working hours, but that's a bit unnecessary. It'll basically just sit there and refresh for you. Quick side note on how plushie tycoon works: every day there are 8 "updates" during which plushies are sold, and your workers make plushies/are paid. Changing your time zone decides when those 8 updates are. They occur about 30-40 minutes past the hour with the first update at 10:30 and the last one at 5:30 in Plushie Tycoon time. Point is, you can set it during the day so you can monitor it or you can set it overnight so it works while you sleep. You need to keep your browser open during this time though, obviously.

Here's the gist of how plushies are made in plushie tycoon (all of this is done by the script):

1. You buy materials

2. You use the materials to load jobs into your factories in multiples of 100

3. At the next update, your workers will construct some portion of the jobs in your factories

4. At this time, your workers are also paid out of the neopoints you have on hand. If you go negative, you're bankrupt and have to start over

5. Any jobs that were completely finished are sent to the warehouse where they have to load for ~3-4 hours.

6. Any jobs that are partially done stay in the factory until they're finished

7. Once jobs have loaded into the warehouse, you manually ship them to your store for 278 np per job, where they will show up in 5 minutes.

8. Every update, some of your plushies will sell. The amount is determined by the types of plushies you made and how many upgrades/ads you have in your shop

9. Once a job has fully sold out, you get the money from it!

10. Rinse and repeat

Generally, you can get the materials for a job for 3-4k np and they will sell out for ~9k np, which is where you make your profit.

The part that you need to do by yourself is upgrading the warehouse and buying ads/upgrades for your shops. There's no hard and fast rule for these, but you want to max them our as soon as you can without gimping your plushie production. Upgrading the warehouse to max level reduces the waiting time from 3-4 hours down to about 40 minutes, ensuring your plushies are in the shop in time for the next update. And maxing out on upgrades and ads can make a job sell out in 2 updates as opposed to 5 or 6.

Basically, upgrade when you have a lot of money.

Sorry this was kinda long. Let me know if you still need anything else clarified, I'm happy to help :D

#6 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:18 AM

I would try it but someone mentioned the avatar isn't working. Is that still true?  :(

#7 OvertAnglerfish

OvertAnglerfish
  • 86 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:27 AM

I would try it but someone mentioned the avatar isn't working. Is that still true?  :(

Darn, it looks like you're right. A post on the neoboards says that PT hasn't been awarding prizes since last September. Welp that's a shame.

I guess this'll be here in case Neopets ever decides to get its shit together.

#8 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:29 AM

Darn, it looks like you're right. A post on the neoboards says that PT hasn't been awarding prizes since last September. Welp that's a shame.

I guess this'll be here in case Neopets ever decides to get its shit together.

I still repped because I really, really want the trophy as well...

Heck I'll test it out and see where it gets me. Thanks a lot!!!

#9 OvertAnglerfish

OvertAnglerfish
  • 86 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:40 AM

Fingers crossed :)

I already have the avatar and trophy but I'd still like my 340k, especially after all the work I put into writing this thing :p

#10 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:09 AM

Oh wow this is awesome, thanks a bunch! I'm sure a lot of people will use this :)

I think trophies are glitched too? http://www.neopets.c...tml?game_id=170

#11 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:15 AM

PLEASE NOTE:
NO PRIZES HAVE BEEN AWARDED SINCE SEPTEMBER WHEN NEOPETS MOVED SERVERS TO JUMPSTART. NO AVATARS, NO TROPHIES AND NO PRIZE MONEY. SO PLAY THE GAME KNOWING THIS. GOOD LUCK!!

took this from the PT board

people play in case tnt fix it for some reason

#12 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:42 AM

Trophies are glitched too uuuughhh. I'll leave it on the backburner for now, I will come back to this once fixed!

#13 Massacrador

Massacrador
  • 101 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:49 AM

the avatar isnt working yet??

#14 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:28 PM

Ok, sorry for once again being a newb... like the third time this week! What do I do with the script you listed? Where does it go? Do I have to be around while it runs?

#15 OvertAnglerfish

OvertAnglerfish
  • 86 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:38 PM

Ok, sorry for once again being a newb... like the third time this week! What do I do with the script you listed? Where does it go? Do I have to be around while it runs?

If you're on chrome, install this: https://chrome.googl...dmpobfkfo?hl=en

If you're on firefox, install this: https://addons.mozil...n/greasemonkey/

(I only use chrome, so these are chrome-based. It should be similar in firefox though)

Click the Tamper/Greasemonkey icon and go to the dashboard. (Second from bottom on the left)

Click the icon that looks like a piece of paper with a green plus on it to make a new script.

Copy the code from my post into the text area and give it a name. Save the new script.

Now, go to plushie tycoon on neopets and follow the instructions from above:

1. Create a new game of plushie tycoon

2. Go to the main page

3. Click the button that says "Set up new store."

4. Once it's done, click "Start"

5. Let it run!

Basically, you want to leave it open during business hours as often as you can. By default, business hours are 10 am to 5 pm NST, but you can move it to wherever you want by changing the number after TIMEZONE in the script.

I believe I added enough stuff to the point where you don't need to monitor it very much, but please let me know if you have any problems.

#16 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:35 AM

Thanks!!! :) This is gonna be sweet!

#17 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:32 AM

Now if only TNT fixed the game issues. :/

#18 WeirwoodTreeHugger

WeirwoodTreeHugger
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:23 PM

yasssss thank you!!!

#19 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:41 AM

Apparently tnt fixed the glitch, so avatars etc are awarded again!  :)

#20 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:18 PM

Yep, I heard the same! Yay!

#21 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:38 AM

Thanks for this :D First time "playing" this :p

"WARNING: If you have workers hired after the last update of the day, make sure you open the plushie tycoon page before the second update the next day. Otherwise, you could possibly go bankrupt and end your game."

What does this even mean?  :unsure: On which times does the "update" happen? ;o

The program will not:

• Upgrade your warehouse size
  • Buy Advertisements or upgrades for your shop beyond the initial set-up purchase
  • Pay rents (can be done by clicking the button on the home page)

Which advertisements and upgrades should we buy? Any tips?  :)

#22 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:12 AM

What does this even mean?  :unsure: On which times does the "update" happen? ;o

Which advertisements and upgrades should we buy? Any tips?  :)

You need to fire your workers before the second update, otherwise you'll pay them for two updates. You can lose money really fast by doing that.  As for the update times:

Each update happens at :01 past the hour, so your first update of the day will be at 10:01AM and your last will be at 5:01PM. (Tycoon's "day" goes from 9am-5pm). 

(from Jellyneo)

So before the second update of the day means that you need to fire your workers before 11:01am.

As for ads and upgrades, I teneded to use the game guides for Plushie Tycoon when I did this by hand.

http://www.jellyneo....o=plushietycoon

http://www.neopets.com/~MapleHood

http://www.neopets.com/~Evil_PTGod

http://thedailyneope.../plushie-tycoon

http://www.wikihow.c...coon-on-Neopets

http://www.neopets.c...lamingTroll1970

#23 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:47 AM

Thanks! I'll make sure to read those :)

#24 xcreamz

xcreamz
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:51 AM

I'm sure its nothing, but the program hasn't done anything but refresh and go to "your factory" so far. Hasn't bought any raw goods or hired any workers. Is it waiting for the price of goods to go down or is it just glitched?

#25 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:17 AM

I'm sure its nothing, but the program hasn't done anything but refresh and go to "your factory" so far. Hasn't bought any raw goods or hired any workers. Is it waiting for the price of goods to go down or is it just glitched?

I had that happening to me too. Reseted the game a couple of times and kept doing all the same  :unsure: So i just let it on and when i checked it bought the materials and started producing. Could take a bit  :ohwell: Make sure you pressed start after it setup the "store" as well

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users