Photo

Banned members question

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 spotify95

spotify95
  • 315 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:09 PM

Continuing from here as I don't want to be told off for bumping an old thread: http://www.neocodex....bers-question/�

I noticed that this was posted recently in BSW:

jojojoker007 added to the list. Mate, we're not thick. Get the hint already, WE DON'T NEED/WANT you here  ;)

May I ask why people like these even bother creating multiple forum ID's? Surely don't they know that if they have already been banned (for whatever reason), their chances of being able to get away with re-registering as a PBU are virtually zero?

More to the point, what do these people get out of registering over and over again, and what can we (as in Neocodex) do to stop people from doing this? Surely if they think they have a reason to come back, they should email the admin and ask if they will let them back?

#2 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:17 PM

o9yLRpT.gif Sounds like something a previously banned member might say...  :devil:

But just in case...
I'm sure most of them are trolling after a certain point. Figured give the mods a minor bit of annoyance to get their own rocks off or whatever.

May be a few who think they're more clever than our mods (lol) and can sneak back in unnoticed.
And a few who are a "little".... dense.

#3 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:31 PM

Doesn't bother me, I just re-ban and move on xD they can keep "trolling" or whatever they think it is they're trying to achieve, but ultimately, we will find out and it gets them no closer to any sort of positive appeal that they may/may not be entitled to in the beginning.

#4 spotify95

spotify95
  • 315 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:33 PM

o9yLRpT.gif Sounds like something a previously banned member might say...  :devil:

But just in case...
I'm sure most of them are trolling after a certain point. Figured give the mods a minor bit of annoyance to get their own rocks off or whatever.

May be a few who think they're more clever than our mods (lol) and can sneak back in unnoticed.
And a few who are a "little".... dense.

I'm not a prev. banned member! I was just wondering why so many people decide to come back after a ban - and why they don't learn that when they're not wanted, the best thing to do is stay well away!

I don't think PBU's sneak back in "unnoticed", as one of them (on a BSW thread, think it was the one about darkload) was banned within 20 seconds of making an account AND was threatened with an abuse report to their ISP.

Surely, in these circumstances, the best thing to do is ban a users' IP address if they are found to re-register after being banned?

@Strategist I don't know what they're trying to achieve either (I'm sure another username was added to the top list today?) but whatever they're doing, it's just going to result in a long list of dupes being associated with them, and thus decreasing their chances of ever being allowed back?

Edited by spotify95, 12 July 2015 - 01:36 PM.

#5 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:57 PM

I'm not a prev. banned member! I was just wondering why so many people decide to come back after a ban - and why they don't learn that when they're not wanted, the best thing to do is stay well away!

I don't think PBU's sneak back in "unnoticed", as one of them (on a BSW thread, think it was the one about darkload) was banned within 20 seconds of making an account AND was threatened with an abuse report to their ISP.

Surely, in these circumstances, the best thing to do is ban a users' IP address if they are found to re-register after being banned?

@Strategist I don't know what they're trying to achieve either (I'm sure another username was added to the top list today?) but whatever they're doing, it's just going to result in a long list of dupes being associated with them, and thus decreasing their chances of ever being allowed back?

Why do so many players create new accounts on neopets after getting iced?

Also banning IP addresses does nothing.

#6 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:18 PM

Some of them also regret whatever they did that got them banned and hope they can sneak back in and prove they're actually good people or changed or whatever.

#7 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:25 PM

Some of them also regret whatever they did that got them banned and hope they can sneak back in and prove they're actually good people or changed or whatever.

Arman came to mind when I read this xD

#8 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:28 PM

Arman came to mind when I read this xD

Arman is who I was specifically thinking of, though there've been a couple more.

#9 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:56 PM

But then they do something stupid again because they're bored and get banned.

Again.

#10 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:57 PM

If someone wanted to be here bad enough couldn't they just use a VPN to "trick" the mods?

#11 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:01 PM

If someone wanted to be here bad enough couldn't they just use a VPN to "trick" the mods?

We're better than that. *z snap*

#12 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:27 PM

We're better than that. *z snap*

Well, I don't doubt you're better than any other methods used to conceal identity :rolleyes:  but how do you figure out who's using a VPN? 0.o

Edited by anewvision, 12 July 2015 - 06:28 PM.

#13 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:36 PM

Well, I don't doubt you're better than any other methods used to conceal identity :rolleyes:  but how do you figure out who's using a VPN? 0.o

Super Sekretz
*shhhh*

#14 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:40 PM

Only the illumimodi know. Only them. (Sorry, hung out with a friend and we talked about the illuminati for a while). 

#15 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:40 PM

If I tell, we won't be better anymore. FBI stuff.

#16 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:46 PM

bwahahahaa! You guys :lol2: I'll just take your word for it :p

#17 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:11 PM

Super mod powers of doom. 

#18 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:43 PM

bwahahahaa! You guys :lol2: I'll just take your word for it :p

The secret is Google (semi-serious)

#19 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:33 AM

Super mod powers of doom. 

:modpowersfinalcopy1:

#20 Ayami

Ayami
  • 280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:47 AM

On the VPN question if they run their web server on their own dedi/vps, they can just start blocking ASN's and VPNS just won't be able to access the site all together.

#21 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:19 AM

May I ask why people like these even bother creating multiple forum ID's? Surely don't they know that if they have already been banned (for whatever reason), their chances of being able to get away with re-registering as a PBU are virtually zero?

More to the point, what do these people get out of registering over and over again, and what can we (as in Neocodex) do to stop people from doing this? Surely if they think they have a reason to come back, they should email the admin and ask if they will let them back?

They tend to be intellectually challenged.

#22 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:35 AM

They tend to be intellectually challenged.

More like lack critical thinking.

#23 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:19 PM

It takes all kinds of flowers to make a garden, y'all.

#24 Xwiint

Xwiint
  • 211 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:19 PM

It takes all kinds of flowers to make a garden, y'all.

No, it takes all types of flowers to make a field that doesn't have any organization. Rose gardens exist for a reason. ;)

#25 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:22 PM

No, it takes all types of flowers to make a field that doesn't have any organization. Rose gardens exist for a reason. ;)

True. But if you place the flowers so that they compliment each other, then a garden with multiple types of flowers can look beautiful. It all depends on arrangement. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users