• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#1 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:04 PM

Apparently there's something very wrong right now on Neopets.
Accounts are being banned left and right. Galleries are being dumped to the Money Tree. People are starting to sacrifice their first borns to Dr. Sloth in hopes of keeping their Pets.
In short: it's chaos and we love it.
Here are some links to current topics discussing the issue. I'd love to post some screenshots but I'm on my tablet. :c

http://www.neopets.c...topic=157286378
http://www.neopets.c...topic=157286690
http://www.neopets.c...topic=157286660
http://www.neopets.c...topic=157286702

I think I should warn people. O.o
If you care about your account(s), it's better to keep a low profile until this gets solved.
If you're super paranoid like me: stay away from UL, PP, shops, galleries, trades... Well, everything! And don't go to MT to try to grab some UB.

Stay safe, we all know how oh so very important Neopets is in our lives!

#2 DaveStrider

DaveStrider
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:06 PM

i did it guys no need to be alarmed, it was all a simple haxor to scare the bajeebers out of people on neo

you can all return to what you were doing before

#3 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:11 PM

People on the boards are freaking out lol... However, I'm not gonna risk my account although it is just neopets w/e

#4 Torque

Torque
  • 411 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:12 PM

I see a possible rollback. I watched a lot of galleries go through the MT tonight. I don't see how (who owns NP now?) could restore everyones gallery without doing that. Obviously they need to find the problem first though.

#5 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:15 PM

i did it guys no need to be alarmed, it was all a simple haxor to scare the bajeebers out of people on neo
you can all return to what you were doing before

Lol
^ it's all I have to say :v

People on the boards are freaking out lol... However, I'm not gonna risk my account although it is just neopets w/e

It's "just" Neopets, but we invest part of our time in it. It would not be the end of the world, but I would be pretty fucked up if I lost my account to something other than a consequence of my actions/greasy hacker. :/

#6 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:16 PM

thank god i don't have a gallery lol.

i think i'm just gonna change my password and stay away from neopets for now.

#7 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:22 PM

I see a possible rollback. I watched a lot of galleries go through the MT tonight. I don't see how (who owns NP now?) could restore everyones gallery without doing that. Obviously they need to find the problem first though.

JumpStart is the current owner.
Fixing problems seems to be a problem itself lol due to lack of people/resources.

thank god i don't have a gallery lol.

i think i'm just gonna change my password and stay away from neopets for now.

Change password, enable PIN, change e-mail if you want to be super cautious about it.
And, nice to see you back. ;)

#8 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:37 PM

Change password, enable PIN, change e-mail if you want to be super cautious about it.
And, nice to see you back. ;)

thanks! :D

#9 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:47 PM

thanks! :D

@Fikri!! Welcome back :D

#10 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:59 PM

http://www.neopets.c...topic=157286762

Screenshot_2015_07_16_07_53_46.png

I like how these people warn others to not visit PP, but they insist of making PP with helpful tips for not being hacked. :innocent:
It looks like the perfect opportunity. Or maybe I just lost completely my faith in neopians. :p
*plays drama music*

#11 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:00 PM

Aww man I missed all the action.  But it's kind of scary.  I'll probably just end up resetting my password and PIN.  I have a gallery, but thankfully it's full of rubbish. XD

Also, welcome back @Fikri!

#12 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:02 PM

thanks for the info :D

#13 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:05 PM

Aww man I missed all the action. But it's kind of scary. I'll probably just end up resetting my password and PIN. I have a gallery, but thankfully it's full of rubbish. XD
Also, welcome back @Fikri!

You didn't miss it completely. Money Tree isn't showing up UBs because some people joined forces to cluster it with junk in order to prevent any more losses. But, unless TNT does something, people will eventually stop helping for lack of items to donate or tiredness and those gallery items will start to show up again.
It seems to have now a delay of 15/20 minutes. I donated some stuff from a shell and it took that much to show my items there.

#14 Stonoone

Stonoone
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:30 PM

All these hackers, but not one can hacki into my old account so I can login. :C

#15 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:44 PM

Stay safe, @Bones :D

@Stonoone lol better move on, let it go :v

#16 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:16 AM

Wow this is crazy.

the last time this happened was years ago and there was a rollback

but do JS know how to?

is it true that the issue of flash on FF could cause this. Yesterday i did get the warning and i did my dailies without flash.

(Nothing much on the account to hack anyway.)

Could it be the CG from the no filters board weekend? external links can be added on pages then and there were rumors of hacking account info.

#17 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:22 AM

I don't understand why people think a change in ownership means a change in the people actually doing work on neopets. If they could do a rollback before, they can do it again. They may be cutting costs, but that doesn't mean they've fired ALL of their programmers.

It's fairly apparent that they don't have 24 hour monitoring anymore though. Those unfortunates were probably deemed non-essential personnel.

#18 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:23 AM

I'm too stupid because I can't see any way a problem with Flash could cause a mass of randomly banned accounts AND send items from those accounts to the MT e.e

#19 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:52 AM

I don't understand why people think a change in ownership means a change in the people actually doing work on neopets. If they could do a rollback before, they can do it again. They may be cutting costs, but that doesn't mean they've fired ALL of their programmers.

It's fairly apparent that they don't have 24 hour monitoring anymore though. Those unfortunates were probably deemed non-essential personnel.

On the surface they did seem to have fired all the old progammers

there could be new/existing ones from JS but not the old TNT

From the content JS is providing, it is apparent they have no idea what they are doing.

That's why I question their ability to rollback

I'm too stupid because I can't see any way a problem with Flash could cause a mass of randomly banned accounts AND send items from those accounts to the MT e.e

I dont get the logic too...

Probably just blaming recent errors

#20 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:40 AM

The old TNT is probably all gone by now, just by seeing how the site is being handled throughout the various areas of it.
It looks like there's no one there that can figure it out how things used to work (not all these are bad per se, I'm just pointing out that things are indeed different because different people are doing them).

I mean, until a few weeks ago the person in charge for the news page couldn't even write a simple link, or resize the pets' images... :/
They don't know that the colour Chocolate does not come from a PB. Things like these tell me one of two hypothesis: there's not a member of the old staff working there anymore OR there's a severe lack of communication between the old and the new staff members, which ultimately isn't better than the first assumption.

Just a few random screenshots I took in last hour or so.

A couple of semi-funny people for a semi-serious drama. :p
Spoiler

Honey, that's not how things work. I honestly hope this person is not a member here that we know and cherish, because that would be an absolute disappointment e.e
Spoiler

Ugh, an automated (automatic? My english it's a disgrace) response!! Who would guess this could happen? :o
Spoiler

#21 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:48 AM

Oh man, I hope I can abuse this situation to get two accounts unfrozen :lol2:

Seriously though, I'm very curious what caused this, although it's probably just a mass CG event.

#22 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:55 AM

Oh man, I hope I can abuse this situation to get two accounts unfrozen :lol2:

Seriously though, I'm very curious what caused this, although it's probably just a mass CG event.

Ehehe good luck with that. xD

I also believe it's CG. Apparently a couple of days ago there was a topic where people were supposed to flaunt their banks accounts to show how rich they were. :rolleyes:
That probably lead to someone's UL/PP/shop/gallery with a CG and the rest is what we're seeing. And it seems that most targeted people are PCers! Oh, the joy lol

#23 AllTheWayToVictory

AllTheWayToVictory
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 02:05 AM

But how does that lead to THAT large amount of people being CGed? Don't they ever log out?

#24 neopetsexploded

neopetsexploded
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 02:09 AM

isn't neo lagging like mad for you guys?

#25 AllTheWayToVictory

AllTheWayToVictory
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 02:18 AM

^ Nah, it's working fine for me, except it's not so fine for some people's accounts, for sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users