40 replies to this topic

#26 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:38 PM

Currently in an open marriage.
Was rocky at first as I'm much more of the monogamous type, but we have much better open, honest communication between each other now and things are going much smoother. Communication and honesty is IMPERATIVE. No bottling shit up as it only hurts oneself and everyone else involved.

Hell, even becoming BFFs with her new boyfriend (and it's just the one thankfully; not sure I could do more than that tbh.)

Plus it's kinda nice having the option to date someone else... even though I'm not actively pursuing it myself. If it happens, it happens if not meh.

Not to mention the perks of her not being around 24/7.

Gives me a little more freedom to do my thang in peace.

And the perks of splitting the bills three ways instead of just two so even more money for savings/investing & fun.

Definitely not for everyone though.

#27 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:47 PM

Currently in an open marriage.
Was rocky at first as I'm much more of the monogamous type, but we have much better open, honest communication between each other now and things are going much smoother. Communication and honesty is IMPERATIVE. No bottling shit up as it only hurts oneself and everyone else involved.

Hell, even becoming BFFs with her new boyfriend (and it's just the one thankfully; not sure I could do more than that tbh.)

Plus it's kinda nice having the option to date someone else... even though I'm not actively pursuing it myself. If it happens, it happens if not meh.

Not to mention the perks of her not being around 24/7.

Gives me a little more freedom to do my thang in peace.

And the perks of splitting the bills three ways instead of just two so even more money for savings/investing & fun.

Definitely not for everyone though.

That would suck man. This is why I stay single. So I can bang out as many chicks as I want without feeling bad about it. 

#28 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:51 PM

That would suck man. This is why I stay single. So I can bang out as many chicks as I want without feeling bad about it.

Lol

#29 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:55 PM

e.e

#30 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:01 PM

lol right on pdSOluU.gif

#31 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:25 PM

lol right on pdSOluU.gif

I give you props for doing the poly thing though. It'd be tough... really tough. so props. I'm going to have a beer for you tonight. or 6. maybe get it in with a random in your honor!

#32 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2015 - 11:38 AM

I don't get the point in people getting married and making a commitment to another person if they want to act single. I've seen so many people try the open relationship thing and I've never seen it work out. There's always jealousy, resentment, a person ends up being favored over another. A marriage is already hard to keep together, adding more people into it just seems like a recipe for disaster. 

#33 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2015 - 01:45 PM

I don't get the point in people getting married and making a commitment to another person if they want to act single. I've seen so many people try the open relationship thing and I've never seen it work out. There's always jealousy, resentment, a person ends up being favored over another. A marriage is already hard to keep together, adding more people into it just seems like a recipe for disaster. 

It can be super hard, but I'm sure it can work out as well as a more traditional marriage for a few people who really try and know what they're getting into.

There are plenty of reasons someone might want one kind of marriage over another, and "because it's the easy way" is rarely a good reason when it comes to relationships, imo. That's not to say that the difficulties should be overlooked, but that the option with more difficulties is not necessarily the wrong option.

#34 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:33 PM

I agree. Either marry and go full in or just stay single

#35 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2015 - 02:14 PM

I understand it can work for some people. But sometimes the person who wants the open relationship is someone who likes acting single but still wants to have easy sex when they're lazy to pick up a random, like they know there will be someone there for them just cause they say they love them. And sometimes the other partner agree to it so as not to lose their SO. Its sad. But I guess if both partners want the same, why not? For me, open relationship only works when you've just started dating and have no strong feelings yet ~if that counts as a relationship.

#36 dddbliss

dddbliss
  • 47 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:54 AM

Again, some couples can do it (my father, although not married is in an open relationship, and it is a stable relationship), other can't (not me and my wife, we are both too jealous to share.) I guess it depends on what the rules of everyone's individual relationships are and what they are both able to agree and feel secure about.

#37 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:22 PM

Well personally I would never have an open marriage what is the point of being married if you have an open relationship? I would be so angry to see my wife having sex with another man... but I guess it works for some people, whatever makes them happy I suppose.

Just not my style.

#38 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:36 PM

Well personally I would never have an open marriage what is the point of being married if you have an open relationship? I would be so angry to see my wife having sex with another man... but I guess it works for some people, whatever makes them happy I suppose.

Just not my style.

NSFW: /r/hotwife 

Apparently more people are into it than ever occurred to me.

#39 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:53 PM

NSFW: /r/hotwife 

Apparently more people are into it than ever occurred to me.

I'll take a look for science,

#40 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:57 AM

In my opinion, for me, I'm against it, i wouldn't like to have more than one partner. But in the others, friends, in a special case, I don't care, their lives isn't mine and I would be happy if they're happy. :D

#41 Mothra

Mothra
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:49 PM

I have several friends in poly relationships! One has a husband and two boyfriends, all living together. (One of the boyfriends is also dating the husband and other boyfriend)

They're all happy, haha! They all make sure they communicate with eachother and if they're interested in dating or just hooking up with another person, they first tell their other partner(s) about it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: marriage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users