• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:56 AM

I have one driver issue with my D-Link wireless adapter not being recognised due to incompatibility with Win10 :( Now I have to either A: Move the entire office into the room with the router, or B: get a cat6 point put into my home office room -_- (both of which are a major pain in my arse). No issues with my nVidia drivers though, which is great :)

Awww man, what a pain!! Hopefully they'll release a driver that's compatible with it soon D:

Added opening .bmps and .jpegs in Windows Photo Viewer and preventing your contacts from getting your wifi passwords!!

#27 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:28 PM

@Turnip I was hoping you might be able to help me with something. I'm trying to delete my windows.old folder because I want to start with as much free space as I can on this new install, but I'm getting permission errors all over the place. The main one is saying that I need permission from SYSTEM when I try to delete the whole thing, and other permission errors when I try other methods. Any ideas how to get around/fix those? Thank you.

Edit: I figured it out, changed the owner of the folder from system to auth user. Thanks!

#28 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:55 PM

@Turnip I was hoping you might be able to help me with something. I'm trying to delete my windows.old folder because I want to start with as much free space as I can on this new install, but I'm getting permission errors all over the place. The main one is saying that I need permission from SYSTEM when I try to delete the whole thing, and other permission errors when I try other methods. Any ideas how to get around/fix those? Thank you.
Edit: I figured it out, changed the owner of the folder from system to auth user. Thanks!

Heheh, I'm glad you got it sorted out!! I've seen so many people have issues deleting their Windows.old folder :x

Looks like you can get rid of it through Disk Cleanup too ^^ I'll add this to the guide!!

#29 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:06 PM

https://www.hackread...rnet-bandwidth/

This is an interesting read and relevant to the security section of this guide imo.

#30 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:04 AM

https://www.hackread...rnet-bandwidth/

This is an interesting read and relevant to the security section of this guide imo.

Pfffttthahaha what the hell? What's the point in sending updates to other users :x

Also I updated the .zips, and added some important stuff in the little security section. Turns out turning off the tracking features and doing all that other stuff isn't enough lol

I'm back on 7 so I can't test it out, but can someone with 10 block searchUI.exe for me and say if it blocks the troubleshooter from connecting to the internet or not?

#31 Chuuya

Chuuya
  • 134 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:49 AM

every since I updated to Windows 10 computer automatically restarts when I "shutdown" any ideas whats up? its been like this for days, the only way to turn it off now is shut it down and wait until it turns offand switch main power source off before it turns on again >_>

also I tried to access the BIOS but I doesn't seem the same as windows 8 .......

#32 March

March
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:34 AM

Ah man thanks so much, hate all that freakin bloatware.

#33 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:26 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and grave dig the shit outta this topic. I can't thank you enough for posting all of these, @Turnip :D. I use this topic every time I install W10 on someones computer, and even on my own system(s)!

#34 wikkles

wikkles
  • 556 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:59 PM

Ahh this was so appreciated. Thanks for the help +rep

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, windows 10, w10, make it less awful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users