escalator-jump.png

china-escaltors-yahoo.png

#2 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:33 AM

Did you see that recent camera recording of a women falling through the escalator?

Edited by iKate, 31 July 2015 - 05:33 AM.

#3 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:34 AM

Did you see that camera recording of a women falling through the escalator recently?

yep, i saw it. it was really shocking.

but i don't think people should be paranoid of escalators. i mean, it's just a freak accident. :doh:

#4 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:36 AM

WTF

what happened in China?

#5 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:42 AM

but i don't think people should be paranoid of escalators. i mean, it's just a freak accident. :doh:

Yeah horrible :/

That's true, the way they try to avoid it is a bit over the top. But I'd be a bit paranoid too though if that happened in my country, I think I would just walk over it real fast with big steps. :p

WTF

what happened in China?

http://www.dailymail...ing-safety.html

#6 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:44 AM

Paranoids being paranoids. Those paranoid actions can actually lead to an increase of accidents. But some people...

Hey, I've heard that sometimes when people are walking normally, if they trip and bang their head on the concrete they can DIE. Let's just stop walking and start rollin' rollin' rollin'.

#7 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:46 AM

are you talking about this?

http://edition.cnn.c...lled-escalator/

just watched it.... now i have a trauma

#8 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:50 PM

You're far more likely to fall off a ladder and injure/kill yourself. Be safe. Avoid ladders.

#9 MozzarellaSticks

MozzarellaSticks
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:32 PM

Escalators need an update bad. They've been proven to be pretty unsafe, and yet current technology lets us make them much safer. Still, none get updated.

I don't like to take escalators. I use stairs or an elevator. I don't want a mangled foot.

Edited by hariolari, 31 July 2015 - 05:32 PM.

#10 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:36 PM

Joke all you want, but I got hurt on an escalator when I was 10, and I had to take my pants off or else I don't know what would happen.

#11 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:13 PM

There had been a few escalator-related incidents in China before this. This is the most horrific though, so some people are probably going over the top. I mean, they are more likely to injure themselves trying to avoid the top of the escalators  :rolleyes:

#12 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:43 PM

Joke all you want, but I got hurt on an escalator when I was 10, and I had to take my pants off or else I don't know what would happen.

I wasn't joking about the ladders. It doesn't minimize what you went through or anyone else who's had an escalator accident, though. My point was more that we spend a lot of time worrying about things that statistically have a much less likely chance of happening than other things. Like a focus on airplane crashes versus car crashes.

#13 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:12 PM

I wasn't joking about the ladders. It doesn't minimize what you went through or anyone else who's had an escalator accident, though. My point was more that we spend a lot of time worrying about things that statistically have a much less likely chance of happening than other things. Like a focus on airplane crashes versus car crashes.

I wasn't being serious xD I got hurt on an escalator once, but I made it sound dramatic on purpose :p

#14 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:15 PM

I wasn't being serious xD I got hurt on an escalator once, but I made it sound dramatic on purpose :p

did you wear underwear? :/

#15 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:19 PM

did you wear underwear? :/

I always wear underwear, you never know when you're gonna lose your pants :p

#16 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:23 PM

It's awful that that happened, and I don't think it's any more silly for people to be scared of escalators there now than it is for us to be scared of airplanes after one crashes.

It is silly if you look at statistics, but the human psyche is not geared to take that kind of info in as effectively as hearsay because it is a relatively new type of information.

I see no reason to poke fun at people for falling prey to outdated human programming.

#17 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:44 PM

I always wear underwear, you never know when you're gonna lose your pants :p

Well you don't know NOW, do you!

Edited by stagsong, 01 August 2015 - 06:44 PM.

#18 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:26 PM

To be honest there's a lot of things to be wary of in China, from escalators to hard liquor. Don't forget the whole tainted baby milk thing from a few years ago, massive air pollution, corruption etc. People complain about things like health & safety but we're actually pretty lucky in the West relatively speaking.

#19 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:13 AM

Man has foot amputated after latest China escalator incident

stream_img.jpg

A man has had his foot amputated after it became stuck in a shopping centre escalator in China at the weekend.

The incident in Shanghai comes a week after a woman died after being dragged into an escalator at a shopping centre in Jingzhou, central China.

source: http://www.itv.com/n...lator-incident/

i take back everything that i said. NO MORE ESCALATORS FOR ME. :crybaby: (not in china at least)

#20 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:02 AM

^ I just came here to post this too. How unfortunate. :(

#21 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:11 AM

I do remember an escalator grabbing the hem of my skirt when I was a child. I freaked out, but luckily the fabric tore (it had lace at the edge).

#22 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:04 PM

Me, myself and I are wondering what kind of people/escalators are out there. *scared under the blanket*
I mean, we have escalators in Portugal since 1980, and the only big accident with it occurred last year when a 17 yo dude died after falling from the top of one (12 meters), because he was sitting in the handrail like a boss. Other that that, the only "accidents" we have are small falls when people are leaving the escalators and lost shoes due to the amount of people, occurrences during rush hours mostly in the subway/train stations. O_o

Wtf is happening out there? D: Lack of maintenance? The escalator people are setting up traps to hunt humans??

#23 Dewgong

Dewgong
  • 221 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:42 PM

90% of the time, I prefer to use the stairs over escalators or elevators. 

Such a sad story. :(

#24 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:46 PM

This is why I hate media. Now everyone is being paranoid about escalators. According to WHO, 1240000 deaths occured on the world's roads in 2010, that's almost 3397 death per day.

#25 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:25 PM

*guess what, time for a stupid post*

I never met any road people. The escalator people are pretty creepy nonetheless (they have to be really tiny to fit in there) and they seem to have a taste for eastern folks, I assume we're safe (hence why I'm not paranoid).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users