• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#1 Desant

Desant
  • 58 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:15 PM

POPULAR POST!

So some of you are aware I've been working on a database of pets in the pound and their corresponding birthday, the reason for this is when its a pets birthday, you can receive a cupcake by viewing its profile as the owner, the cupcakes(your choice of which you choose) either increases your Health, Stamina or Defense for +5, now with a list of pets each day you can adopt, get the cupcake, and pound. Free training.

Don't be silly, make sure before you adopt that you can pound it straight after, lest we all know your account name.

Be careful, if you bugged your account with the Blank BD battle glitch, you will not be able to pound the pet, so use common sense.

database:

https://www.dropbox....bki/poundDB.db3

Edited by Desant, 17 August 2015 - 12:26 AM.

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:18 PM

Are you gonna update it everyday? :p
Also, don't you need to wait one day to pound it?

#3 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:20 PM

I believe you do. I remember creating a Garrl (however you spell it) for that avatar that dealt with eating something, and I couldn't pound it until the day after or so. 

Why don't people just say which pet they've taken, that way we don't have people still clicking the links and finding out accounts? The links could be numbered and people could just go:

"I've got link #1" and so on and so on. 

And since there will be people who will still click the links to find accounts after that link has been taken, the link could be deleted once someone claims it. 

#4 Desant

Desant
  • 58 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:24 PM

I've been using this myself for weeks, if you have not used your daily abandon, you can adopt, greed the cupcake and abandon again, You've both given me ideas, I think i'll make a simple api/webpage to request a pet, maybe with a token or a generally unique id.

#5 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:30 PM

I have a question:

Imagine Birthday Pet A's cupcake was already taken by Player A and then pounded.

Then, if Player B adopted Pet A in the same day, would Player B also get a cupcake?

#6 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:31 PM

Are you gonna update it everyday? :p

No, you can pound 1 pet every day.

This should be on a private section :p

#7 Desant

Desant
  • 58 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:31 PM

Yep, they get passed around a lot, and with how this database is growing as we speak, there might be enough to dish out two per user request.

#8 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:42 PM

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of this due to having thought that I could not abandon a pet on the same day it was adopted. Still, it could be an every-other day thing.

#9 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:23 PM

I have a question:

Imagine Birthday Pet A's cupcake was already taken by Player A and then pounded.
Then, if Player B adopted Pet A in the same day, would Player B also get a cupcake?

If no one knows the answer, I can test it later tonight.

Actually, I can't xD I'd have to release a pet from one of my accounts to test it.

@Athayde do you think you can test it with your million accounts?

#10 Desant

Desant
  • 58 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:28 PM

it was easier and lazier than I ever imagined, I implemented a secure way of doing this, and no two users will share pets, unless this gets popular stupid fast before the db is done.

#11 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:06 PM

@Swarley, I have 4 pets in all my accounts, but I could test it. It will have to wait until later (it's 4am here and I'm on my tablet).
I can pound some pets tomorrow (august 1st), but I will still have to wait for the next day to be able to pound again, since we can only abandon 1 pet per day.

I may sound confusing lol it's late, I just got off work, I'm tired D:

#12 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:07 PM

@Swarley, I have 4 pets in all my accounts, but I could test it. It will have to wait until later (it's 4am here and I'm on my tablet).
I can pound some pets tomorrow (august 1st), but I will still have to wait for the next day to be able to pound again, since we can only abandon 1 pet per day.

I may sound confusing lol it's late, I just got off work, I'm tired D:

Sweet, thanks! And no, it sounds pretty clear, at least for me :p

#13 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:19 PM

Ahahah then it's my tired brain because I can't understand what I wrote xD
I will have to read it later :p

Btw, this is a great idea. I've been collecting cupcakes from ALL my pets (+40 accounts x 4 pets each lol), I even have their b-days on my calender so I won't miss it :rolleyes:
Who doesn't like free training, right?
I will have to send my BD pet across all my accounts to get her trained, and that might be an issue, but I'll deal with it when I have to lol

#14 Dewgong

Dewgong
  • 221 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:23 PM

I have a question:

I'm pretty sure BOTH player A and B would get a cupcake. However, a user can only get 1 cupcake a day (doesn't matter if they have more than 1 b-day pet on the account).

The cupcakes are no-trade so you can't send them over to other accounts.

#15 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:29 PM

However, a user can only get 1 cupcake a day (doesn't matter if they have more than 1 b-day pet on the account).

Did you tested it yourself?
I've always wondered but couldn't actually test it myself (i.e. I was always too lazy to do it).

#16 Dewgong

Dewgong
  • 221 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:39 PM

I didn't test it myself, but I read somewhere that you only can get 1 a day.

#17 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:50 PM

Hmm. I can't trust 100% on what people say out there lol
Someone should test it :v
But if it's not possible, it's stupid and doesn't make sense because the cupcakes are related to the pets' age and not the account where they are. Having two pets with the same b-day day in the same account shouldn't be an issue to get two b-day cupcakes. They need to celebrate their anniversary, and the pet that isn't allowed to get the cupcake will be traumatized :(

#18 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:58 PM

Hmm. I can't trust 100% on what people say out there lol
Someone should test it :v
But if it's not possible, it's stupid and doesn't make sense because the cupcakes are related to the pets' age and not the account where they are. Having two pets with the same b-day day in the same account shouldn't be an issue to get two b-day cupcakes. They need to celebrate their anniversary, and the pet that isn't allowed to get the cupcake will be traumatized :(

I just tested it on a new account, and it let me choose the cupcake with both pets, BUT, they're not in my inventory lol

#19 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

I just tested it on a new account, and it let me choose the cupcake with both pets, BUT, they're not in my inventory lol

None of them? D:

#20 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:02 PM

None of them? D:

Nope. I even checked my deposit box.

#21 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:04 PM

That's weird. I wonder if it's related to the age account? It shouldn't be an issue, but it's Neopets lol

#22 Desant

Desant
  • 58 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:10 PM

Did you redeem the tutorial junk first and/or verify the account? Also the database has reached 10.5k birthday pets indexed

#23 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:13 PM

Did you redeem the tutorial junk first and/or verify the account? Also the database has reached 10.5k birthday pets indexed

Oh. I got the junk later. That's probably it lol

#24 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:14 PM

Ahahah there's like 5x more abandoned pets than players these days xD

#25 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts