• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:36 PM

jbhDOQW2O38jRK.png

Wo4QQal.png?1

Nominations start: Now

Nominations end: August 11, 2015 at 8:59 NST

Voting Period: August 12 to August 15 at 8:59 NST

Who to nominate: We are looking for someone who is kind, helpful, and has made great contributions to the forum while encouraging activity. You may nominate up to three people.

How to nominate: To nominate, either PM me or post here. Your nomination must include the person's username and 2-3 well thought out reasons - for example, explaining how well you think they did contributing to something. Reasons like "because they're cool" will not be counted.

How to win: The three users with the most nominations will be voted on at the end of the nomination period. The person with the most votes at the end of the voting period will become August's Member of the Month.

Full Rules:

Do not nominate yourself or ask to be nominated.

- Staff members may be nominated but each individual staff member may only win once every six months.

- Provide 2-3 well thought out reasons as to why you think the user you have nominated should be Member of the Month. If your reasoning is not valid, your nomination may not be considered.

- Post your nomination here or PM me if you would like to be anonymous.

- If you won the previous month, you cannot be nominated.

August MOTM Prizes:

- Private+ site theme for the month.

- Pretty userbar for the month:

motmchamplong.gif

- Shiny award to keep permanently:

motm.gif

This award can be achieved by anyone by following the criteria below:

101-AwardImgMaster-1415723808.gif

- Nominate 3 different people in the current MOTM topic while following the "How to Nominate" criteria.
- Of those 3 nominees, none of them must be members who won within the last three MOTM's.
- Of those 3 nominees, none of them must be staff members (moderators+admins) who won within the last six MOTM's.
- Not retroactively awarded for nominations before November 2014.

#2 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:37 AM

@Hydrogen for entertaining us with his frequent xkcd threads (:rolleyes:) and mainly for the recent upgrading of the site. :)

@neohobo for making my pet stronk via the birthday cupcakes thread. he also shared his userscript collection which is pretty darn cool. all these while being a member for less than 2 weeks. :)

@Athayde for being an active and friendly member throughout the month of july. :D i also see her constantly helping the newbies with whatever questions they have. she's great.

#3 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:26 AM

Everyone I think to nominate has already won x( hahaha

#4 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:42 AM

You can nominate them! As long as they haven't won the last round or if it's staff, the last 6 rounds :)

#5 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:02 AM

@Padme

• She has always been generally nice, and welcoming to people.
  • Started the Introvert thread which got some interesting conversations going (at least it did with my fiancee and I), and added her insights upon what kind of famous people might be introverts.
  • I'm usually happy to see her posts, as she brings a lighter mood to the community.

@DonValentino

• He likes to leave some good long responses, that usually mean well.
  • He tries to get the community into things that he enjoys, showing that he wants a more homogenous community.

@cassiopeiic

• She made the Caption Contest Reference Thread, allowing for an easier access to seeing what has been used in previous Caption Contests.
  • She likes to bring information to people that she feels is important, and that is not just so she knows it, but everyone does.

#6 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:50 AM

hence why i nominated the ones i did. :p

feel free to copy paste. ;)

#7 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:47 AM

@Megazord 

giphy.gif

#8 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:01 AM

@Athayde i nominate her because she is very helpful on neo section, doing AB list and helping newbies. Also she is one of the most active members here

@Swarley for hosting so many contest and being always helpful

editing this later for the 3rd nominee

#9 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:03 AM

@Swarley for hosting so many contest and being always helpful

I really appreciate, but unless you don't think of anyone else, it would be better to nominate someone else, because I can't win :p

#10 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:05 AM

I really appreciate, but unless you don't think of anyone else, it would be better to nominate someone else, because I can't win :p

really? didnt know , thought it was 3 months for mods... whatever, now i have to nominee 2 person

#11 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:07 AM

really? didnt know , thought it was 3 months for mods... whatever, now i have to nominee 2 person

Staff is 6 months unfortunately :p but you can nominate us, we just won't be able to win hahah

#12 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:47 AM

@Padme for always, always, always trying to bring the community together to talk about the things that make us both relatable and unique. I think it says a lot that she wants to learn so much about each and every one of us, rather than just sit and write paragraphs about herself. Also - and I'm obviously biased as hell - she is there for SO many people on this site. Whenever she's not busy IRL, she's up to help anyone with anything. Not only has she become my fastest friend, but I consider her my greatest friend. Really surprised my girl hasn't been MOTM already

@cassiopeiic for her ever-insightful comments and genuinely kind and caring demeanor towards all of us. I love talking with you (even though I've been shit at replying - blame it on my tummy) and I bet everyone else does too. Also, your stories and candor are GREAT. You apologize for your English sometimes, but I've never read anything of yours that wasn't perfectly worded. You definitely are an awesome source of entertainment, energy, and support for lots of us on here.

#13 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:26 PM

A quick thank you for the nominations (: I feel very unworthy of it but am extremely honoured.

Now onto my own nominations:

@Alexiel - he got my honourable mention last month, but this month I feel like he should get an official nomination :D

• Donates buttloads of stuff to contests
  • Has great informative and detailed blogposts which I thoroughly enjoy reading
  • Generally a very nice, active and polite person around the forums

@Shannon

• In general, a very sweet and caring person full of positivity
  • Actively tries to bring positivity and support into the forum. For example: 'Tell me something good that happened to you', today's 'The Self-love quiz' and often advice and support in threads like the confession thread and 'tell me something bad that happened to you'.
  • Special personal reason for me because she was nice enough to hear my tale of woe in PMs and offer me support. Any member who shows that much compassion deserves a spotlight C:

I'm going to sit on a third nominee for a couple more days ^.^

#14 Desant

Desant
  • 58 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:28 PM

Please don't nominate me*

Edited by neohobo, 05 August 2015 - 10:34 PM.

#15 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:40 PM

*erases nomination I was painstakingly typing up*

Thank you for being so nice about it :)

#16 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:43 PM

NO, YOU WILL BE NOMINATED AND WIN AUGUST MEMBER OF THE MONTH, GODDAMNIT.

why?? :o

#17 mikeisfive1

mikeisfive1
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:56 AM

@h250 @m15 @Rauul I picked those members because they seem vary nice and friendly. and because they seem friendly too.

Edited by mikeisfive1, 06 August 2015 - 07:35 AM.

#18 Desant

Desant
  • 58 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:08 AM

NO, YOU WILL BE NOMINATED AND WIN AUGUST MEMBER OF THE MONTH, GODDAMNIT.

why?? :o

Because as much as I appreciate the sentiment, I feel a member should be around at least a month before they're nominated for a monthly award  :lol2: Plus I might end up quitting!

#19 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:30 AM

@h250 @m15 @Rauul

- Provide 2-3 well thought out reasons as to why you think the user you have nominated should be Member of the Month. If your reasoning is not valid, your nomination may not be considered.

#20 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:31 AM

Because as much as I appreciate the sentiment, I feel a member should be around at least a month before they're nominated for a monthly award  :lol2: Plus I might end up quitting!

no offense, but unless you are really active and have done something worthy of gaining good attention, you probably wont be nominated :p

#21 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:33 AM

no offense, but unless you are really active and have done something worthy of gaining good attention, you probably wont be nominated :p

He was, though. By fikri :p

#22 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:34 AM

He was, though. By fikri :p

oh I guess I can't read lmao

I thought it was just being all cocky or something xD

#23 mikeisfive1

mikeisfive1
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:39 AM

swarley is my nomination okay now :)?

#24 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:40 AM

@h250 @m15 @Rauul I picked those members because they seem vary nice and friendly. and because they seem friendly too.

h250

Member Since 17 Feb 2010\
Offline Last Active Sep 03 2010 07:02 AM

m15

Member Since 24 Aug 2004
Offline Last Active Jan 11 2005 09:03 PM

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

#25 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:45 AM

h250
Member Since 17 Feb 2010\
Offline Last Active Sep 03 2010 07:02 AM

m15
Member Since 24 Aug 2004
Offline Last Active Jan 11 2005 09:03 PM

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Hey just because they're inactive doesn't mean they're not nice and friendly and friendly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users