clanheart

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Wynd

Wynd
  • 397 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:25 AM

Hey, so Clanheart is just coming out of pre-alpha and going into alpha today. Anybody interested in playing it? I'm probably going to. :') Petsites HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

#2 rei

rei
  • 119 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:02 PM

I just registered earlier. The artwork I've seen seems nice, but the site is down for maintenance for two more hours so we'll have to see how I like it. Looks like there's a breeding aspect and a color wheel, kinda reminds me of Flight Rising.

#3 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:04 PM

Clanheart, eh?  Looks interesting.  I'd like to access a lot of the site, but I guess I'll wait for Al[ha mode. D:

#4 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:06 PM

Wait, people actually publicize alpha releases?

I thought the point of alpha was to test in-house?

#5 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:15 PM

Wait, people actually publicize alpha releases?

I thought the point of alpha was to test in-house?

H1Z1 has a huge player base and it's still in alpha. DayZ was in alpha as well when it was released to the public. Interestingly enough, quite a few developers don't follow along with the traditional meaning of a game described as being in alpha; I'm not sure why that has changed.

#6 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:25 PM

Just registered, it looks really interesting! 1 hour left :D

Now that it's in alpha, the registrations are closed. The game is super slow, though. They've posted on their tumblr that they would need 500 CPU something to make the site go smooth. They have 16.

#7 Wynd

Wynd
  • 397 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:44 PM

So moving on from the uneventful day, Alpha came in! The server racked up a near 1,000 players when it could barely handle 100, according to the staff. The servers been jumping up and down and is REALLY slow. I wouldn't recommend spam refreshing, I'd wait until they can make more space or less players are loading in. 

A fair reminder; during alpha, you can make your alpha but it will be deleted, along with your account, when the game is fully released. So you can name or do whatever, this is just a testing sequence. If you achieved the 200 posts during pre-alpha and received your pre-alpha goodies (vista, avatar, icon), a code will be given to  you when the game is released through their email to claim and use on your new account!

- Making your alpha's gender is glitched. Picking a certain gender will result in the opposite.

- Alpha's picture doesn't show up unless you pick a gene or a color. Even then, it may take a while for it to load.

- All clans were reset to Wolf. After and/or before making your alpha, you can change clans and it will change the clan's animals too.

Report anything you notice that hasn't been reported already. It's really helpful.

- - - - - -

Some more news. (Yay!) This time from the developers!

They made a tumblr post on their progress with the server corruption. Their tumblr is located here.

"Good news!

This is something we didn’t exactly want to talk about until we could confirm we could either fix it or not fix it, but some further information on the table corruption reported earlier: essentially, the users table broke and deleted everyone but 29 users.

But! We got them back after figuring out how to repair the corrupted data (thanks to a cool guest developer from Toyhouse). All 5,938 of you. Safe, in Clanheart’s clutches.

For some reason those 29 were special, though. Immune from the MYSQL corruption that destroyed the other, weaker accounts. How many of you were from the stretch of account #1 (ClanStaff) to account #29?

I think our alpha familiar is going to be based off corruption. Something slimy and black and creepy that looks vaguely like it crawled out of a toxic swamp. The destroyer of all but 29."

So, essentially, the players broke the server. Literally. They ended up fixing it though! 

Edited by Wundy, 03 August 2015 - 12:45 PM.

#8 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:08 AM

I already planned on signing up for this. Can't wait!

#9 marahuyo

marahuyo
  • 19 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:19 AM

You guys still excited for CH? :p 

The site is nice (the artwork is pretty amazing) but alpha is still.. a long time coming. Some users are already writing/drawing so much stuff though, kind of stumped by their strong responses tbh.

#10 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:25 AM

You guys still excited for CH? :p 

The site is nice (the artwork is pretty amazing) but alpha is still.. a long time coming. Some users are already writing/drawing so much stuff though, kind of stumped by their strong responses tbh.

I check the site and the status page at least three times a day :p

#11 marahuyo

marahuyo
  • 19 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:34 AM

I check the site and the status page at least three times a day :p

Clanheart and Furvilla, they seem so exciting. I can't wait until the day we can actually play. xD

At least I've made my alphas already (thought their genders are switched still.)

#12 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:36 AM

Clanheart and Furvilla, they seem so exciting. I can't wait until the day we can actually play. xD

At least I've made my alphas already (thought their genders are switched still.)

I made my alpha too, but the image wasn't loading, so I had to guess how he looked like while I was creating it, and the result looked awful xD

Furvilla, never heard of it! Is it in pre-alpha too?

#13 marahuyo

marahuyo
  • 19 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:46 AM

@Swarley (can we even ping?) 

The image took forever to load. Forever. ;-; Kind of wish that I just did whatever but instead I waited like 20 mins for every color and gene. Still ended up with a pretty ugly alpha ahaha. I'm also jealous of the people who have tons of time to think over their alphas. There are so many pretty ones out there.

And how about your random alpha? Better or worse? lol

Furvilla is pretty cute. The staff are still coding and prepping for beta, but sadly the application deadline has already passed. And just awhile back ago they released a list of their mods. You can check out more on their tumblr and also the developer's tumblr. Why not wait for another site? Haha

#14 Feral

Feral
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

I've been signed up on clanheart since they opened up their forums over a year ago. They announced later that the people signed up would all get to test the site, but then advertised it too much so thousands of people signed up for an alpha test... thus being one of the biggest reasons the site crashed and burned twice now. 

Alpha testers get something shiny, so I'm at least looking forward to that. I'm also going to donate to their kickstarter, probably, if the site can get it's act together. The person who owns CH also owns a few other petsites, so I know they at least can make a site.

#15 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:45 PM

They're back in alpha! And the alpha creator works a lot faster :p

#16 marahuyo

marahuyo
  • 19 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:27 PM

I'm pretty happy with my alpha, but my random and their baby.. Well, I don't think I'll miss them lol.

Time to actually get another clan member though. 

#17 rei

rei
  • 119 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:08 AM

The site is working again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users