Has anyone ever actually "Caught Them All?"

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:50 PM

I love Pokemon and I've played every version of it except the last two that've come out. I've always wanted to 'catch them all', but have never been able to do so owing ot either a lack of two gameboys, a lack of friends who play, or I run out of time and interest in one version finally, lol.

Have you ever gotten every pokemon in the pokedex in a game?

#2 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:55 PM

Only in Blue and Gold.

Never had the Gameboy printer so could never print out the certificate though.
Stopped playing until about when Platinum came out.

By that time there were too many Pokemon and not enough smegs to give. :p

#3 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:58 PM

yeah sure, have unlimited water with my squirtle, free electricity with electabuzz and mr mime is my personal chef...

talking serious, i caught them all on leaf green, yellow, silver and pokemon pinball 

#4 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:01 PM

Yuuup. Started a living dex in Pearl when it came out and now I just transfer it up through the generations while adding the new stuff to it. It's not actually as time consuming as you'd think, even with 720ish Pokémon running around now.

#5 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:01 PM

I have, actually! I can't say they're all legit, because they're not, but I didn't hack them myself, so I ignore that :p

#6 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:02 PM

The only Pokemon game I ever completed was the original Pokemon blue. It was during the first time I ever went to Florida for a vacation when I was 7 or 8 and I was with my youth group and their families. On the 12+ hour ride there, one of my friends got the mew hack to work and I was so happy that, that friend let me get the mew for a few minutes (via the oldschool link cable) for my Pokedex to get 151. I was so happy, I was on top of the world. But that pride lasted for only an hour. I caught a missingno and let it stay in my game because I thought it was cool and it didn't do any glitches that ruined the game for me until that point. The game started to have permanent black cells on the game screen (not the gameboy screen). I thought the most logical solution was to open the window of the moving van and "air" it out. Good thing about being young me: I was lucky as to not drop the game while going 70 miles per hour. The bad news: The game reset and no longer can save. I cried and my friends made fun of me for it.

#7 Michaelhex

Michaelhex
  • 1018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:06 PM

I played all the version up to Silver/Gold and I still remember buying the big old grey-colored original gameboy to have a second so I can trade between them. But heck, got tired of 'catch 'em all' like that, I got my self something like a gameshark:

Spoiler

In no time, I had 251 pokemon :p

#8 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:09 PM

Only in Blue and Gold.

Never had the Gameboy printer so could never print out the certificate though.
Stopped playing until about when Platinum came out.

By that time there were too many Pokemon and not enough smegs to give. :p

I was REALLY close on Gold, seriosuly. I dunno if I could anymore with the new ones. ; ;

I have, actually! I can't say they're all legit, because they're not, but I didn't hack them myself, so I ignore that :p

LOL I love that.

#9 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:35 PM

I have in Pokemon Red when I have two gameboys and a link cable.  Haven't been able to catch them all ever since. D:

#10 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:38 PM

I want to make a joke and say 'in my mouth.' 

BUT really I caught all the ones you legit can in my version of Blue.

I traded with my cable and stuff.

Repurchased the game and gameboy colour to try and do it again, QQ at 22 I am a worse video game player than I was at 5/6

#11 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:51 PM

My friend brought his GameCube over one summer and we played for weeks until we legitimately caught them all. Kids with social anxiety who have nothing better to do than take turns battling pixel animals can really cover a lot of video game ground. No clue which edition the game was but it made for a great time suck.

#12 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:56 PM

The beautiful picture: (it's even better live)
jbHSdv2.jpg

#13 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:44 PM

jbHSdv2.jpg

*weeps* Maybe I should start up soulsilver or something again. hngh.

#14 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:13 PM

In Sapphire (not remake) I kept two Pokemon from each evolution line (because there weren't enough boxes) and after that I think I just completed the dex. Ever since Diamond/Pearl I've been busy messing with the data instead of actually playing the game ^^;

#15 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:18 PM

In Sapphire (not remake) I kept two Pokemon from each evolution line (because there weren't enough boxes) and after that I think I just completed the dex. Ever since Diamond/Pearl I've been busy messing with the data instead of actually playing the game ^^;

But you were accomplishing something, that's awesome!

#16 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:24 PM

Yuuup. Started a living dex in Pearl when it came out and now I just transfer it up through the generations while adding the new stuff to it. It's not actually as time consuming as you'd think, even with 720ish Pokémon running around now.

I wasn't familiar with the term living dex, but the meaning is immediately apparent. That seems to have been the best way.

My best friend from middle school has caught them all. He described the process of transferring to the newest generation as catching 750 rattatas and then trading with two DSs. Jesus, what a pain!

#17 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:47 PM

jbHSdv2.jpg

I see that Vocanion. Hacker. :p

#18 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:55 PM

I see that Vocanion. Hacker. :p

That's not the only hacked pokémon :p

#19 metsman31

metsman31
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:10 AM

I caught them all in my fire red game. Put in WAY more time then I'd like to admit but so worth it

#20 Arex

Arex
  • 140 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:31 PM

I never ever got past maybe about 500 pokemon in any of the latest games ever. I still haven't finished Omega Ruby and I'm reminded of it every day :p

#21 ntli

ntli
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:38 AM

jbHSdv2.jpg

you sir, are legen- wait for it -

#22 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:36 PM

Only in Red and Yellow. I could have caught them all in Gold, but my save file was erased. D:

#23 lakalol

lakalol
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:03 AM

This person did. Legit too.

#24 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:34 PM

Oh fuck, thiiss. Pokemon Silver was one of my first games and something I played throughout my childhood. I never did the trading thing or anything though, and after Silver I only played on emulator. xD

Dammit, maybe I should get a 3DS and Pokemon on it and play now that trading is so much easier and can be done online and all. After all, I'm already on Neopets, fulfilling my 11-year-old unconscious childhood dreams to be a Neopian millionaire and all -- maybe time to do it for Pokemon as well? :p

#25 shun128

shun128
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:08 PM

In Pokemon BW and XY, I actually got every Pokemon; the new global trade function really helped because you could enter any pokemon's name unlike BW, which you could only find the Pokemon that the Pokedex registered as seen. And also,I recruited all 386 Pokemon in Red Rescue team, with Kecleon being the hardest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users