• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#51 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

Is this where Canadians hang out c:

Do you like Canadian bacon more than maple syrup? omfg i love my bacon sososo much and i don't even really eat/drink maple syrup that much (I know I'm a bad Canadian :( )

What is your favourite (I spell that with a u because I'M IN CANADA) part about being Canadian? Like our hockey of course c: I love it when Americans get pissed when we kick their asses in hockey at pretty much every single tournament :)

Have you ever seen an igloo? HAHA no 

Where aboots in Canada do you live? In Toronto :) #Wethenorth

Do you like Justin Trudeau's hair? I dont stare at it all day but like i guess? ^_^

When was the last time you ate poutine? Umm like a week ago I would say :)

Do you speak French? HAHA I have my grade 9 french credit and that's all I know :')

If yes, will you speak dirty to me in it? Oh um I don't think my french is that good~

#52 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:31 PM

Very serious canadian question.

How do people feel about Angela Anaconda?

#53 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:49 PM

Very serious canadian question.

How do people feel about Angela Anaconda?

I loved her.

I preferred my French speaking pineapple tho....

f78d0fefdbb40ffe47db9c2caf46263d.jpg

anigif_enhanced-20423-1415639083-36.gif

I learned a lot of French from this demonic francophone pineapple.... and so did a lot of Canadian kids LOL I have no explanation for this but @sprockets and I spoke about this before x)

#54 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:59 AM

too much stuff is more expensive in Canada than south and they complain we go south to buy our goods ...

Except now that the dollar is so weak it's become less attractive to shop down south than it was near the end of last year :S

I loved her.

I learned a lot of French from this demonic francophone pineapple.... and so did a lot of Canadian kids LOL I have no explanation for this but @sprockets and I spoke about this before x)

Yes me and @Padme had a conversation about Telefrancais before. I think this episode was my favourite

Spoiler

#55 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:57 AM

I loved her.

Except now that the dollar is so weak it's become less attractive to shop down south than it was near the end of last year :S

Yes me and @Padme had a conversation about Telefrancais before. I think this episode was my favourite

Spoiler

Thanks for ruining sleep for me tonight guys. And ruining pineapples forever.

#56 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:37 PM

Thanks for ruining sleep for me tonight guys. And ruining pineapples forever.

Imagine this being your childhood. 

Somehow I still am intrigued and love French.... 

Also #CanadianThings ... a moose ran into my friend moving vehicle on the highway today. 

#57 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2015 - 11:35 PM

Also #CanadianThings ... a moose ran into my friend moving vehicle on the highway today. 

Is the moose and your friend ok? (Not that the two are necessarily mutually exclusive, you're allowed to have moose friends)

#58 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:42 AM

Oh man, that's when you know you live in the middle of nowhere... 

#59 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:15 PM

Is the moose and your friend ok? (Not that the two are necessarily mutually exclusive, you're allowed to have moose friends)

Moose is fine.. as far as we know. Car is not okay. Friends are all fine. 

It all depends how you hit the moose or the moose hits you.

If the moose is in the middle of the road and you will not be able to stop in time it is actually better to drive faster as the moose will likely roll over your vehicle instead of crushing it or something like that. idk, that's what I've been told

#60 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:00 PM

If the moose is in the middle of the road and you will not be able to stop in time it is actually better to drive faster as the moose will likely roll over your vehicle instead of crushing it or something like that. idk, that's what I've been told

Apparently, when you live in some parts of Canada, hitting meese happens so often that they've turned it into a science.

#61 supernumerary

supernumerary
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 11:08 PM

Well, wildfires have been burning nonstop from the part of Canada I'm in. We had a thunderstorm last night and apparently it sparked up 45 new ones nearby.

#62 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2015 - 04:41 AM

Well, wildfires have been burning nonstop from the part of Canada I'm in. We had a thunderstorm last night and apparently it sparked up 45 new ones nearby.

Good news for you is that Manitoba is looking at introducing an early warning detection system for fires because a lot of the province is remote and they won't know until communities lose power or such. If this PoC works there then they'll likely get the other provinces prone to forest fires on board as well. 

When was the last time you ate poutine?

I guess never, but I had something very similar in germany last year

@cassiopeiic, would you say that this dish would be the equivalent of a poutine for the dutch?

Edited by sprockets, 16 August 2015 - 05:53 AM.

#63 supernumerary

supernumerary
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:15 AM

Interesting new ideas, sprocket. Maybe this will help out for BC. Unfortunately forest fires happen every year here and it's become a recurring thing. Nothing seems to be able to stop it. Hopefully this will help.

#64 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:52 AM

To answer the questions though, because the Commonwealth rocks and we have a very similar Medicare system to you guys:

We also both have wildlife that try to kill us when driving. Damn moose and kangaroos.

#65 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:02 AM

The most Canadian gif

WmflEyx.gif

Vicious fight over who keeps the hockey puck

#66 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:34 AM

I'm not Canadian. I'm a US citizen but I kind just see myself as a vagrant, since I've lived all over. :l But yes, seen an igloo in Alaska. That counts, right?

#67 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:33 AM

@Padme @sprockets @cara

Any of you ever find yourself quoting Heritage Moments?

"I think they mean the houses...the village!"

#68 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:04 AM

Do you like Canadian bacon more than maple syrup?

Syrup for sure! I put that shit on everything! I also make it myself at my cottage every year!

What is your favourite (I spell that with a u because I'M IN CANADA) part about being Canadian?

The amazing landscape you can find around every corner, and the healthcare of course!

Have you ever seen an igloo?

Of course?

Where aboots in Canada do you live?

Ontario

Do you like Justin Trudeau's hair?

It's very nice

2 weeks ago

Do you speak French?

Very little

If yes, will you speak dirty to me in it?

Je devais google cela, mais tu es sexy \/

That's good your friends are fine! They're lucky! I hit a moose last year on my way to work as well. I was also lucky, vehicle/moose not so much. A week after I hit the moose two other guys I work with hit a moose and it went right through their windshield, they both had to be rushed to emerge, but ended up living through it. Scary stuff.

#69 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:23 AM

That's good your friends are fine! They're lucky! I hit a moose last year on my way to work as well. I was also lucky, vehicle/moose not so much. A week after I hit the moose two other guys I work with hit a moose and it went right through their windshield, they both had to be rushed to emerge, but ending up living through it. Scary stuff.

That's absolutely terrifying. Good to hear about them living through it, but still.

#70 rezpirate

rezpirate
  • 171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:27 PM

I'm Annette, from Ontario, Canada, and here's my input on this awesome Canadian thread-

I prefer maple syrup, I eat Canadian bacon maybe 2-3 times a year, and maple syrup maybe 5-7 times a year.

What is your favourite (I spell that with a u because I'M IN CANADA) part about being Canadian?

lol, I spell it both ways, only because I lived in the states for many years, but - I think the best things about Canadian is the healthcare system, and hands-down, poutine. French fries smothered in gravy and cheese is a wonderful way to have dinner on a Friday night.

And the snow, I've discovered the joy of snowmobiling in the last 5 years, and it is a rush to go somewhere you know not too many people go, and sometimes it's not even reachable in the summer! And having total control over a machine that can zoom 90km through trees and across lakes is freakin awesome!

Unfortunately, only on TV, but I can dream...        

Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada

It's nice

Maybe a month ago

Do you speak French?

(In french)  No

n/a

#71 SIGMA

SIGMA
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:36 PM

I am currently not a fan of either. Though I've never liked maple syrup.

I am not one who appreciates sweets...

It's home. I feel welcome here. Due to me being mixed I've been told that I wouldn't really fit anywhere in the world.  :unsure:

I guess I have some unfounded nationalistic pride.

But despite me being born here I never really felt like a Canadian.

YEP! As a child I made one. Of course it wasn't like the super impressive ones, but it had snow/ice furniture and a chimney.

GTA! WOOOO! ....Not really....

In some photos it looks really soft... I don't like his hair in recent photos though.

A couple weeks ago? :o

On a nutrition plan now. No more poutine for me.  :)

Do you speak French?

Je ne parle pas français.

N/A

Edited by SIGMA, 09 January 2016 - 06:38 PM.

#72 Ghostiee

Ghostiee
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:21 AM

I live in British Columbia, just moved from Ontario.

Has anyone noticed how west coasters say "poo-teen" and east coasters say "poo-tin"?

#73 Dylann

Dylann
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:39 AM

Have to say yes. But both are very good. Especially together.

Trump isn't the front runner in one of our political parties.

Yep. I made them when I was little. They're surprisingly warm.

West coast

Sexy stuff ;)

TOO long ago.

Do you speak French?

Je parle francais comme un enfant

Vouliez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir? Si non, vouliez-vous faire une sandwich pour moi?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: canadian, shit, only, americans, get, the, hell, out, eh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users