• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:25 PM

Let's take a look at both iOS apps and Android apps!

What applications do you guys use the most?

What applications make using your phone a more pleasant experience?

I personally recommend :

• photo.jpg?sz=48 - Pushbullet: Let's you push your text messages to your computer. You can also use it to forward images and notes. No more emailing things to yourself.
  • uRlvo0Y.png?1 - Relay for Reddit (Pro!): I've used other reddit apps but this one takes the cake for the most part. Super intuitive design imo.
  • VcxYaJf.png?1 - Shuttle (+): BEST MUSIC PLAYER EVER. Both the design and features of this app are top notch. 

I guess I forgot to mention that I have an android phone. :p

Show me what you use Codex!

#2 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:31 PM

I have a LG (Google) Nexus 5... so, Android.

I use:

• Reddit is Fun - It's my redditing app of choice.  I used to use Bacon Reader.
  • Podcast Addict - Mostly used to listen to podcasts on long drives.  I recommend Dan Carlin's Hardcore History, Stuff to Blow Your Mind, 99% Invisible.... Yeah, those are some of my favorite podcasts that I've heard.  I don't listen to much, though.
  • Spotify - I normally use my computer for Spotify.  I'll only use this app in the car or when I'm working out.
  • Run Keeper - Nice way to track runs.  
  • Mint - I am a big personal finance person.  Gotta stay on top of everything.
  • Copy Me That - One of my favorite recipe apps.  It syncs between my desktop / phone, so I can use my phone in the kitchen, or at the grocery store.  It's slick in my opinion.

#3 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:42 PM

I don't have a cellphone, but I do have a tablet. c:

Currently these are the ones I have installed:

• Abelhas Mobile - it's an app from Abelhas.pt, a completely free cloud site. I have my movies, tv shows, and other stuff there I share with my brother. I use it on my tablet to download e-books from my own account. Which leads me to the next app. :p
  • Moon+ Reader - it was the only app I could find where I can read my TWD comics, and e-books in the all various formats out there without messing up with battery usage too much. Besides it's a light app and I love the fact it allows me to personalize pretty much everything.
  • Hungry Shark Evolution & Solitaire - just to those nights I can't sleep (every single one of them lol) and I don't feel like doing anything at all. It's cool to clear up my mind for a couple of hours.
  • ColorNote - I use it to take notes when I'm in some place without access to my computer or wi-fi. Recipes, thought, ideas for my book, and pretty much everything else goes in there.

#4 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:43 PM

Also on Android. :)

Google Opinion Rewards - an absolute must. Periodically receive 2 second surveys and earn anywhere from $.10 to... think my highest was $1.20ish in Google play credits.

SoundHound - on the go and hear a song you like on the radio or at the club or wherever, but have no idea who it's by or what it's called? Press the big orange button in range as it's playing and it'll search by sound.

Spotify - I absolutely must have some music in my day to day life, and Spotify is my preference for obtaining it. Only $4.99/month Premium for students so why not?

Zombies, Run! - fun little app that turns the boring old routine of walk/run/jog day-to-day to a real life Walking Dead experience. Complete missions for supplies, rebuild your base camp, outrun hoards of zombies, and more!

And that's about all this POS Galaxy Exhibit can handle without running out of space so... ^.^;

#5 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:44 PM

Android

Whatsapp, of course.

Outlook

Evernote

B.net auth

#6 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:51 PM

I have a OnePlus. 

Pandora (- Even though I have a paid subscription to Google Play music it's nice to have options out there (thanks Romy)

Nova Launcher - I personally like the looks of this one better than Trebuchet and I like how easy it is to customize icons and other aesthetics

KLWP (Kustom) - A widget maker that's quite advanced, it's a tossup between this an zooper for me.

Soundhound - For when I hear a song on the radio or in the store that I've never heard before but want to hear again (it's how I found out about Studio Killers)

#7 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:55 PM

Tinder, POF, MTG Life Counter.

#8 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:56 PM

Tinder

:thumbsup:

Go slay that, bro.

Way to own it and admit it on this thread.  :rofl:

#9 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:56 PM

I have a lot of crappy apps on my phone (Moto X), but the ones I use almost everyday are:

• WhatsApp: all my friends have it, so I don't really have a choice.
  • Netflix: self-explanatory.
  • Snapchat: I use it mostly when I want to talk to someone from here but they're offline.
  • Sync for reddit: I really like this reddit app, it's simple and it works.
  • Spotify: mine is a modded app, so I have unlimited skips and can choose any song, no need to be random. Basically premium, with ads and without offline playlists.
  • YouTube: for when I'm not here or watching Netflix.
  • Power Line: it's like those "connect the pipes" kind of game. Good to play when I'm bored.

#10 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:59 PM

:thumbsup:

Go slay that, bro.

Way to own it and admit it on this thread.   :rofl:

I just use it to troll lol. No interest in smashing randoms.

#11 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:16 PM

Lots I'm an app whore
Facebook/Messenger
Instagram
Snapchat
Whatsapp/kik
Shazam
Pandora
RunKeeper
MyFitnessPal
Reddit
Solitaire
Banking Apps
TeamViewer

I think those are my most frequently used daily apps

#12 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:38 PM

I have loads but the non-obvious ones are:

IMDB - For when I need to prove to people that I know the name and biography of that person they can't place in the movie we're watching. Also for production updates on things I'm following. Great for keeping track of my to-watch list.

Litely - Absolutely gorgeous photo-editing app. There's a few free filters that are quite beautiful but if you're a photo freak like me, you'll probably want to shell out a couple of bucks for some extra filter packs.

Two Dots - Fun, simple game about connecting the dots and making square "bombs" out of them. You can easily compare your scores to friends' and there's a life limit so you won't be sucked into it for hours at a time.

Buddhify - Lovely little meditation app. Offers lots of peaceful music based on your current mindset and I believe they've added some features for meditation with a partner. Would love to try that with a friend or my sister.

Nook - I'm a big book lover, but I hate the paper industry, so I keep things digital. Pretty little app with great syncing capability between my devices. I can even load .epub files straight from my laptop into the app, skipping the Nook store altogether.

Alien Blue - I'm not as Reddit-obsessed as I used to be, but this app is nice and minimal for when I want to mess around on the site. I also moderate a few large subreddits, and this app really helps with doing that on the go. It also helps to get notifications of new replies and messages so I can stay in the loop when I want to.

#13 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:39 PM

My most used non-Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/Snapchat apps:

Chromecast - I use this every day, at work and at home.  I give a lot of presentations, so I couple it with...
Google Slides - Works flawlessly for PowerPoint presentations.  And if I'm setting up for another presenter I can just ask them to share their Google Slides presentation with me, then run it off my phone.
YouTube - Again, I only use this for casting.  I didn't have the app on my phone at all until I started using the Chromecast.
Duolingo - learn another language for free!  It's a really, really good app.
SparkPeople - For logging food and health/body measurements.  Also use to track my exercises and GPS track my runs.

#14 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:47 PM

I only use a few apps on my Galaxy S4.  Other than the inbuilt apps I use, I use:

Facebook (My window to the outside world)

Firefox (Browser)

Youtube (watch videos on the go)

And this app.

#15 Torque

Torque
  • 411 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:52 PM

Facebook/Instagram - I'm fairly large in the car community and always posting pictures of my car, planning meets, helping people with builds, and connecting people with similar builds. Inbox me if you want my IG but its really mostly cars, craft beer, and whiskeys. I just had two photoshoots this week though so theres some quality pictures

Memedroid - Cause lol/boredom

Spotify - I listen to music for 8 hours daily. It helps me concentrate on my job and keeps me at peace.

Dude Perfect 2, Battle Camp, and Solitaire - Picked up the first two recently to kill time while waiting on people. The third is always a solid choice to pass a couple minutes.

#16 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:52 PM

And this app.

Omg. Amazing.
I'm gonna download it and wake up my friend with it. Right now xD

#17 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:24 PM

I have an iphone and have:

• spotify of course 
  • Whatsapp 
  • Tinder (i dont know why)
  • Grinder (similar to tinder buy homo version, lolz)
  • Facebook
  • Facebook messenger
  • Lan Airlines 
  • instagram
  • Google maps (i hate iOS map)
  • Counter picks (League of legend app)
  • Google drive
  • Treid SpA (my last work, i quitted and never deleted app)

i think that's all

#18 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:02 PM

Jokes on you guys.

I'm just too lazy to research apps.

#19 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:08 PM

I have an iPhone. I use:

- Spotify. I have student premium so it's half price.

- I use the Mail app every single day because I have three of my email addresses hooked up to it.

- Facebook/Snapchat/nstagram

- Bank of America

- Shark Tracker  :ninja: I like to know where they are.

- Timehop to see past posts from this day. 

- Weather app quite often.

- Pacer to track my steps. 

- Amazon occasionally. 

#20 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:51 AM

Twitter

Instagram

NFL Fantasy

ESPN Scorecenter

Chrome

Alien Blue

Heroes Charge

Mint

Waze

Fallout Shelter

ESPN Streak For The Cash

#21 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:25 AM

mic2tj.jpg

the apps that i've downloaded since i acquired my asus zenfone. nothing really fancy... or incriminating. i used to have grindr but got butthurt and deleted it since no gay guys in my area wanna pm me. :/ screw 'em!

#22 Lucario

Lucario
  • 21 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:44 AM

Mandic magiC - Let's see some wi-fi passwords haha
Mobiola Headset - A wireless microphone to use on PC with the Iphone mic
BS LiveScore - I'm a big soccer fan, so...
instagrab - To download some instagram images
Oxford Dictionary - To see some portuguese to english words
Qrreader - Read QR codes

#23 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:05 AM

mic2tj.jpg

the apps that i've downloaded since i acquired my asus zenfone. nothing really fancy... or incriminating. i used to have grindr but got butthurt and deleted it since no gay guys in my area wanna pm me. :/ screw 'em!

How is the Zenfone? I've actually been keeping a close eye on it. :p

#24 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:24 PM

I have this kewl app it's called Music and plays songs that I over-payed for on itunes.

Also I have Safari... you might think this lets you go on a cool journey (did you know Safari is Swahili for the word 'journey?') but nah it lets you explore the World Wide Web but only according to the dictating laws of the Apple overlords who abhor flash and anything else decent.

Also I have messages but I never use that shiz cause no one lurv's me. I stick to my old stand-by, my barbie walkie talkies to get me by. 

#25 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:14 AM

Startracker, kindle, argus and 2048 are my most used non-messaging apps. I also use a handful of earn giftcard apps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users