Photo

Let's Play....ers

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 aeroplane

aeroplane
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:04 AM

I looked around and didn't see a thread for this so I figured I'd make one! Anyone else watch Let's Plays? I don't follow any of them religiously but I've been on a huge kick for them lately---mostly Supergreatfriend and Game Grumps. My favorite LP of all time is probably L0rd Vega's blind Silent Hill 2 run, though SGF's Deadly Premonition run is near the top of the list, too.

What LPs have you been into lately?

#2 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:19 AM

I don't really like Let's Plays except for a few where I just watch because I like the person that is playing.

I personally prefer live streams so I know what I'm watching is more or less legit and not pre-recorded and edited. The raw emotion and fear in the streamer and the thousands of viewers in chat is far more exciting when nobody knows what and when is going to happen (except maybe a few people that are ~20 seconds ahead due to twitch lag).

#3 aeroplane

aeroplane
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:01 AM

Yeah, I mostly watch for the personalities or because they do something unique. Supergreatfriend does mini-reviews of movies mentioned by the main character in Deadly Premonition which is neat.

For one reason or another I've never cared much for livestreams; probably because I can't really pause them and I'm usually drawing or doing something else while I have them going so I can't pay attention to or participate in the chat.

Oh, I forgot about cr1tikal! Probably my favorite LPer personality-wise. Nothing shakes the man.

#4 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:27 AM

I watch beaglerush for XCOM, and Shenryyr2 for EU4. Every once in a while quill18 will do something interesting, like bringing back Pharaoh for a LP. But usually, he's too annoying to keep my attention.

#5 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2015 - 12:10 PM

I like to watch Cry because of his voice.

#6 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:10 PM

I like to watch "mainstream" LPs like Game Grumps, Markiplier, jacksepticeye, Cry, Ihascupquake, Pewdiepie (Not so much now, because I don't like how he edits his videos these days) and every now and then I like to watch less popular youtubers, because they can just be themselves without having to worry about a bunch of fans.

I like to watch Cry because of his voice.

I melt every time I hear his voice.  :drool:

#7 Sehunie

Sehunie
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:09 AM

I really like the walkthroughs of GameChap! Two men, they call themselves Gamechap and Bertie.

The channel has a lot of game walkthroughs and it's always fun to listen to them, they have an amazing British accent by the way :p

I usually watch them as a guide in TLoZ: Majora's Mask

#8 aeroplane

aeroplane
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:22 AM

GameChap sounds interesting! I really like LPs done by people who know what they're doing and want to show the game off. And British accents, well, even better.

#9 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:43 PM

I love this guy.

#10 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:46 AM

I love this guy.

I second this. The only thing I hate is when he talks excessively to the point of being completely distracted in some games (RIP Fatal Frame II)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users