#1 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:30 PM

POPULAR POST!

6w0ZFAe.png

Since I'm tired of using other sites to see what each Faerie Quest gives me, I've decided to do this little guide for the various Quests in Neopia up to today. And if it helps you too, even better
This guide it's divided in three parts: I. Daily Quests; II. Chain Quests; III. Random Quests; IV. Faerie Quest Fortune Cookies and V. Refreshed Quest Request.

Hl4x3h3.png

I. Daily Quests

With this type of quests you're the one in control. You decide when you do it, you decide if you want to do it. You can use the Shop Wizard to find the items.

toy_snowfaerie_plushie.gif
The Snow Faerie's Quests

Taelia will ask you for 3 or 4 foods and enough time to do it. She will reward you with some Neopoints and sometimes foods of medium rarity. You will have the chance of winning some other items like the Ice Cream Machine Coupons (Blue Ice Cream Machine Coupon, Green Ice Cream Machine Coupon and Pink Ice Cream Machine Coupon) only obtainable with her and some exclusive Snow Faerie related items as well.
When you complete the first quest, she will also reward you with her avatar and unlock her as an opponent in the Battledome.
There's a combined limit of 10 quests per day between Snow Faerie's, the Kitchen's and Edna's Quests.

YW8c96g.png

toy_kitchenquest_flotsam.gif
Kitchen's Quests

Flotsam Chef will ask you for 2 to 4 items and enough time to do it. He will reward you with Neopoints or a random cheap food. You will have the chance of winning a random Battledome stat (note that if you have more than 1 Pet, the stat will be randomly awarded and not exclusively for your active Pet).
For a comprehensive guide, please read this very well written NT article.
There's a combined limit of 10 quests per day between Kitchen's, the Snow Faerie's and Edna's Quests.

YW8c96g.png

toy_plushie_edna.gif
Edna's Quests (The Witch's Tower)

Edna will ask you for 2 to 4 items and enough time to do it. She will reward you hardly more than 150 NP and a very cheap spooky food. Although there's a rare chance of winning a Snorkle's Snout, if I were you I wouldn't be counting on it to make a Neofortune with it, since it's a slim chance in a million! But if you are lucky enough she might compensate your hard work with her avatar (the requirements to get it are still, after all these years, unclear. It might take you a few tries to get it!).
When you complete her first quest it will unlock her as an opponent in the Battledome, where she will only be available for battle between midnight and 1 am NST.
There's a combined limit of 10 quests per day between Edna's, the Snow Faerie's and Kitchen's Quests.

YW8c96g.png

toy_brain1.gif
The BRAIN Tree's Quests

This quest is a bit different from the previous ones. Instead of items, the BRAIN Tree will ask you for information about deceased Neopians, more precisely when (year) and where (place) a specific Neopian character died. In order to get these answers you must do 2 quests for the Esophagor (more info below), remember exactly what the Esophagor say to you, because you'll need the exact answer. Beware, though, unless you're trying to qualify yourself for its trophy these quests are utterly useless, since the Esophagor usually asks for expensive items and the Tree's rewards are cheap.
Completing one of Tree's quests may give you the chance of unlock it as an opponent in the Battledome. This is a random event, though, and it may take you a few quests for you to get it.

YW8c96g.png

fur_esophagor_chair.gif
The Esophagor's Quests

The Esophagor will ask you for 1 to 3 spooky foods and enough time to do it.
He gives two types of rewards:
1) On normal quests, he will reward you with a random item up to r89 and a few NP.
2) If you are completing a quest for the BRAIN Tree, the Esophagor will reward you with the answers you need. Remember you have to do 2 quests, one for each part of the Tree's question (time of death and place of death of the Neopian character).
On both cases, you should not complete the quests if the Esophagor asks for expensive items. There's always next time to do it!
When you complete its first quest it will unlock it as an opponent in the Battledome.
There's a limit of 10 Esophagor's Quests per day.

Hl4x3h3.png

II. Chain Quests

Despite the fact these two quests are very similar to each other, they are a different type of Daily Quests and players sometimes refer to it as Chain Quests, because it's exactly like the name says: once you start doing them, or you go until the end and finish it, or you lose your progress (both as score, and level*) and will have to start from the beginning. You will be able to use the Shop Wizard, which is a good thing, right?

toy_jhudora_plushie.gif
Jhudora's Bluff

Jhudora will let you complete one of her quests every 12 hours as long as you didn't complete any Illusen's Quests during that time span. She will ask you for 1 item of a certain rarity (rarities and level prizes will be talked about below) and exactly 16 minutes and 40 seconds to do it. Her quests go up to the 50th level, and the higher you get, the higher are your rewards. But because of her intrinsic evilness she tends to ask for expensive items right from the first levels.
Asked rarities and level rewards (text and links to item database only):

Spoiler

Asked rarities and level rewards (table with images only):
Spoiler

Note that you may be asked for an item you'll be unable to find in the Shop Wizard (only Wall Paints and Floor Tiles, since all others can be purchased via Wiz). These items are used on Neohomes 2.0 and you can find them in the Neohomes NP Superstore.
Jhudora will give an avatar when you complete her 20th quest, and on February 4th she will give you another avatar in exchange of a completed quest!

* If you run out of time before you give her the items, you'll lose your progress and see yourself at Level 1 again. If you don't do a quest in 24 hours you'll lose your points but your Level progress will remain the same.

YW8c96g.png

toy_simple_illusen.gif
Illusen's Glade

Illusen will give you one of her quests every 12 hours as long as you didn't complete any Jhudora's Quests during that time span. She will ask you for 1 item of a certain rarity (rarities and level prizes will be talked about below) and exactly 16 minutes and 40 seconds to do it. Her quests go up to the 50th level, and the higher you get, the higher are your rewards. But because of her intrinsic competitiveness she tends to ask for expensive items right from the first levels, but still with a higher chance of being cheaper than her twin sister *cough* enemy Jhudora.
Asked rarities and level rewards (text and links to item database only):

Spoiler

Asked rarities and level rewards (table with images only):
Spoiler

Note that you may be asked for an item you'll be unable to find in the Shop Wizard (only Wall Paints and Floor Tiles, since all others can be purchased via Wiz). These items are used on Neohomes 2.0 and you can find them in the Neohomes NP Superstore.
Illusen will give an avatar when you complete her 20th quest, and on March 17th she will give you another avatar in exchange of a completed quest!

* If you run out of time before you give her the items, you'll lose your progress and see yourself at Level 1 again. If you don't do a quest in 24 hours you'll lose your points but your Level progress will remain the same.

Hl4x3h3.png

III. Random Quests

Like the name indicates, you will not get to choose when you receive one of these quests exclusively given out by Faeries. They randomly appear while you're browsing the site and they can appear in any page you visit, as long as you have a bit of luck! Because they're considered a random event they will pop up with images of the "Something has Happened!", the Faerie asking for your help and the item she's asking.
The Faeries won't allow you to use the Shop Wizard, but you can ask for the item on the Neoboards, use our Item Database or even one of your side accounts to use the Shop Wizard there (it's not against the rules to do this last one).

1wrITL6.png
Air Faeries

Air Faeries will ask for Grooming items with a rarity of 69 (included) and below. They will bestow your active Pet with 3 Movement Points.

YW8c96g.png

e0WaeL4.png
Dark Faeries

Dark Faeries will ask for normal Toys with a rarity of 69 (included) and below. They will reward your active Pet with 3 Hit Points.

YW8c96g.png

oORPje2.png
Earth Faeries

Earth Faeries will ask for Magic items with a rarity of 69 (included) and below. They will give your active Pet 3 Defence or Movement or Strength Points.

YW8c96g.png

pv69g2g.png
Fire Faeries

Fire Faeries will ask for Clothes with a rarity of 69 (included) and below. They will reward your active Pet with 3 Strength Points.

YW8c96g.png

8tjgLAd.png
Light Faeries

Light Faeries will ask for any Collectable Card with a rarity of 69 (included) or below. They will give your active Pet 2 Levels.

YW8c96g.png

1McxHlW.png
Water Faeries

Water Faeries will ask for normal Books with a rarity of 69 (included) or below. They will bless your active Pet with 3 Defence Points.

YW8c96g.png

H6uK6S3.png
Naia, the Fountain Faerie

Naia is the most coveted and the most elusive Faerie of all. She will ask for any item with a rarity between 94 and 96, and she will give you access to the Rainbow Fountain where she will let your active Pet get a new colour! Keep in mind that not all colours are available there; you can't paint your Pet: Quiguki (Quiggle exclusive colour), Usuki (Usul exclusive colour), 8-Bit, Ice, Magma, MSP, Robot, Royal and Sponge.

YW8c96g.png

gTlVePW.png
Baelia, the Grey Faerie

Baelia will ask for 1 of 9 Petpets with a rarity of 69 (included) and below from the The Neopian Petpet Shop (Angelpuss, Buzzer, Cobrall, Hopso, Mallard, Puppyblew, Spyder, Tenna and Warf), and she will call one of the Faeries mentioned above to grant your active Pet with their gifts, there's a chance of her calling Naia, the Fountain Faerie to give you a free pass to the Rainbow Fountain - note that if you already have a Fountain Faerie Quest completed -as in, you already gave Naia the item she asked you- but you didn't use it to paint a Pet, Baelia will not call Naia (this information still needs confirmation, though).

YW8c96g.png

fbHhSlx.png
Aethia, the Battle Faerie

Aethia will ask for any item with rarity between 76 and 89. She will reward your active Pet with 3 Strength, 3 Defence and 3 Hit Points.

YW8c96g.png

6N0dqOR.png
Delina, the Crafting Faerie

Delina will ask for 2 Neocash items with a total of 150 NC value, found in the Crafting shop in the NC Mall and in return she will give you a wearable, depending on the items she asked.
Since it's not required the use of the Shop Wizard to this quest, she doesn't block its access. To be sure you don't have a quest from her, you must check the Quests' page.

Currently, Delina is asking for the following items, each one of them has a price tag of 75 NC:

mall_craft_chalkdye.gifmall_craft_chiffon.gifmall_craft_fabricflower.gifmall_craft_lights.gif
Chalk Paints ; Chiffon Fabric ; Jar of Fabric Flowers ; Roll of Lights

Possible combinations and respective prizes:
mall_craft_chalkdye.gif & mall_craft_fabricflower.gif gives you mall_bg_springporch.gifSpringtime Doorstep Background
mall_craft_chalkdye.gif & mall_craft_lights.gif gives you mall_wig_chalkdye.gifChalk-Dyed Curls Wig
mall_craft_chalkdye.gif & mall_craft_chiffon.gif gives you mall_clo_chalkchif.gifChalk-Dyed Chiffon Shirt
mall_craft_chiffon.gif & mall_craft_fabricflower.gif gives you mall_dress_fabricflower.gifFabric Flowers Dress
mall_craft_chiffon.gif & mall_craft_lights.gif gives you mall_trink_chifcurtain.gifLighted Chiffon Curtains
mall_craft_fabricflower.gif & mall_craft_lights.gif gives you mall_fg_litflowers.gifLit Fabric Flowers Foreground

YW8c96g.png

GTpnPxS.png
Fyora, Faerie Queen

Fyora will ask for any item with a rarity between 80 and 95. She will give your active Pet 2 Levels, 5 Strength and 5 Hit Points.

YW8c96g.png

LmRi26x.png
Mira, the Space Faerie

Mira will ask for any item with a rarity between 81 and 94. She will bless your active Pet with 4 Levels.

YW8c96g.png

4eb94GX.png
The Soup Faerie

The soup faerie will ask for a Smoothie with a rarity of 69 (included) and below. She will grant your active Pet with 2 Points of two different stats (Defence, Hit Points, Level, Movement and Strength).

Hl4x3h3.png

IV. Faerie Quest Fortune Cookies
mall_fortcookie_4.gif

Faerie Quest Fortune Cookie (FQFC from now on) is a NC item, which means you can buy it in the NC Mall for 100 NC.
To activate your FQFC you have to click it from your inventory and then pick "Open Fortune Cookie" choice from the dropdown menu. You will, then, be granted with nine (9) days of guaranteed Faerie quests.
To receive your quests, visit the Faerie quests page. The quests you'll receive are the same as the random ones, with the Faeries asking for the same type of items and giving the same rewards - all elemental Faeries, Fyora, the Soup Faerie, the Battle Faerie and the coveted Fountain Faerie! It's worth to mention, tough, Delina, the Crafting Faerie, will not ask you for a quest when you use a FQFC.
In order to use the Shop Wizard to find the items you will need remember to open it in a separate tab BEFORE you accept your daily quest. When the Faerie asks you for the item just go to the SW tab, paste it in the box and search for it.

Hl4x3h3.png

V. Refreshed Quest Request
qeAIGHv.png

The Refreshed Quest Request is a potential biweekly boon given to certain factions if they win the Skirmish Battles at the Tyrannian Battlegound (more info below).
Note that this boon is exclusive to only three factions: Order of the Red Erisim, The Awakened and The Sway. If you want to have a chance of getting it, pick one of those teams whenever they're available to battle.

How does it work?

This boon will allow you, for the whole duration of seven (7) days, to refresh the current Faerie quest you're on, giving you a different one.
You can use it with the FQFC, but you can only refresh one time per quest.
When using this boon, there's a chance to receive a quests from the Crafting Faerie. If you don't want her, you can evade her by changing the site's laguange to Chinese BEFORE you refresh the quest.
It's possible to refresh a quest to any of the Faeries: all elemental Faerie, Fyora, the Soup Faerie, the Battle Faerie and the Fountain Faerie.

More info about the Skirmish Battles

Skirmish Battles are a sort of event that happens on every other Monday and where you'll need to choose between three random factions (Brute Squad, Order of the Red Erisim, Seekers, The Awakened, The Sway or Thieves Guild). After three (3) days to pick your team, you'll have four (4) days to battle against the other two teams. In order to receive the prizes, if your team wins that week's Skirmish Battles, you have to fight at least ten times, that's ten (10) different battles against any enemy - it doesn't matter who you fight against, or the difficulty of the battle, as long as you do the minimum required to be eligible to get the prizes.

Hl4x3h3.png

Additional Information

If you use any program to help you out doing your Dailies, playing games or AB, you might miss the random event that gives you a quest. To make sure you're not in one, you should make a manual check to the Faerie Quests' page every other day.
Remember: if you have a quest uncompleted you will not receive another one (you might be missing out a FFQ!).

Hl4x3h3.png

Conclusion

*whew* And that's it. I think I covered everything about the Neopian Quests, but if you think I missed something, or you found an error (English is not my native language :p ), a missing or wrong information or you want to suggest something post here or send me a PM.
Thank you! :)

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:40 PM

Thanks for the guide. I really love the pictures and how the title was done at the top of the screen, it's very pretty. :)

As a suggestion, maybe a table would look a bit better for the Illusen and Jhudora quests, right now it's a bit hard to read for me, since it's a bunch of text. I can make one really quick if you'd like, though I suppose you'd have to screenshot it and then put in that way, as I have no idea of how to make a table in the posts. 

I'll go and add this to our guide directory. 

#3 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:48 PM

Great guide!

#4 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:49 PM

@Satsuki I will make the table tomorrow! :)

#5 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:04 PM

@Satsuki I will make the table tomorrow! :)

Looking forward to seeing your table then, as you make such pretty graphics and things. 

#6 Cloud9

Cloud9
  • 168 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:03 PM

@Athayde Thanks so much for this! :D Finally I can stop referring to other sites like Jellyneo (theirs was actually WRONG for a very long time) and TDN! >:3

#7 March

March
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:02 PM

Thanks, this is great! I never even bothered with quests, even when I was active as a kiddo cuz I never really understood them lmao

#8 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:08 AM

Actually random quest still exist now?

The last one i got it is like few years ago. OMG! :o

#9 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:41 AM

@Satsuki updated the OP to add the images. Hope it's better now. I left the text, though, because it links the rewards to our item database if someone wants to do a quick search on the item. :)

@Legitboi yes, random quests still exist and you actually gave me an idea to make a info note, I'll be adding it in a bit.

Thank you all! :)

Edit: Added a bit of info regarding the random quests.

#10 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:34 AM

@Legitboi yes, random quests still exist and you actually gave me an idea to make a info note, I'll be adding it in a bit.

WoW!!! I don't know i can help you with some ideas. :D

#11 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:21 AM

Just FYI

If you are on a quest from the Crafting faerie (NC) you will be able to use SW like normal

so even if you can use the SW, it is good to check the quest page

if not you will never receive a random quest

#12 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:29 AM

@Ka1 it was because of that fact that I advice people in the Additional Info to manually check the quests page, and not the Wiz. But thank you, I'll add that to Delina's section :)

#13 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:53 AM

Edited the OP to add information about Delina's quest: asked items and respective prizes!

#14 rezpirate

rezpirate
  • 171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:11 PM

Good guide, i'm going to start doing quests again!

#15 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:17 AM

OP was updated with the new Crafting items.

It seems that one is missing. Right now no one knows if TNT only made five combinations or if no one got the unknown yet. Anyone that might know the missing one, post here, please. :)

#16 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2016 - 08:24 AM

Guide is now completed. :D

#17 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:51 AM

This is a really good guide. I actually find it better than those of other websites, because it is clearer, gives better details, is easier to navigate as well. So, thank you for putting it all together! :)

#18 mscg

mscg
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:24 AM

thanks, all i have to know now is how to trigger the random events , i never get them :/

#19 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:26 AM

thanks, all i have to know now is how to trigger the random events , i never get them :/

The more you browse (legit or not) the site, the more chances you have to get a RE. So get those bots working :p

#20 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:27 AM

Loading pages is basically all you can do to trigger an RE. The more pages you load, the more chances you get for an RE. It is rumored that on your birthday you may get a higher chance of having RE's, but that's only one day out the year. If you have NC, you can buy faerie quest cookies in the NC mall, which guarantee a faerie quest every day for 9 days.

#21 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:43 AM

Loading pages is basically all you can do to trigger an RE. The more pages you load, the more chances you get for an RE. It is rumored that on your birthday you may get a higher chance of having RE's, but that's only one day out the year. If you have NC, you can buy faerie quest cookies in the NC mall, which guarantee a faerie quest every day for 9 days.

I can't believe I didn't write anything about the cookies!! I will have to update the guide!

#22 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:46 AM

I can't believe I didn't write anything about the cookies!! I will have to update the guide!

3 of the teams in the battleground also have the refresh quest boon, so people can get another quest if they end up with a bad one (like the air faerie, since speed doesn't do much) or the quest is too expensive. Awakened, Order, and Sway all have that boon possibility. If that'll add anything to the guide. 

#23 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:50 AM

3 of the teams in the battleground also have the refresh quest boon, so people can get another quest if they end up with a bad one (like the air faerie, since speed doesn't do much) or the quest is too expensive. Awakened, Order, and Sway all have that boon possibility. If that'll add anything to the guide. 

Thank you for reminding me about the Cookies and the Skirmish Battles boon. :)

Guide has been updated.

#24 Daenarys

Daenarys
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:00 AM

Thanks for this guide, i didn't even know about a couple of the quests! Bookmarking this so i have t handy. :)

#25 TrashcanV3

TrashcanV3
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:16 PM

Thanks for the guide! Bookmarked

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: not an obsession

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users