• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#76 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:14 PM

I'm preparing chicken breast right now ^o^ I'm still debating with myself whether I'll be eating spinach with it. I love spinach but I've had spinach for the past week now :rolleyes:

#77 Cybunny

Cybunny
  • Hippity-hoppity~

• 52 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:33 PM

So I tried going out to get some food.

The McDonnald's line was way too large so after 30 minutes of wait, I decided to leave and go to a fried chicken & chips restaurant... which was closed :/

So, I had the worst luck ever LOL, I also went to telepizza and the line was too large as well so I didn't even bothered to wait.

I end up coming back home, and I made myself some mini-pizzas with bread, melted cheese and salami.

#78 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:38 PM

I'm preparing chicken breast right now ^o^ I'm still debating with myself whether I'll be eating spinach with it. I love spinach but I've had spinach for the past week now :rolleyes:

I love spinach. And asparagus. I ate an entire bag of asparagus last night, cooked in olive oil with garlic, black pepper and salt.  

The McDonnald's line was way too large so after 30 minutes of wait, I decided to leave and go to a fried chicken & chips restaurant... which was closed :/

So, I had the worst luck ever LOL, I also went to telepizza and the line was too large as well so I didn't even bothered to wait.

I end up coming back home, and I made myself some mini-pizzas with bread, melted cheese and salami.

Haha. That sounds like a disappointing adventure. 

I'm eating chex mix instead of making an actual meal. :l

#79 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:58 PM

I went to a music festival a couple weeks ago... i ditched my friends to go to a McDonalds and waited 30 min for my food and got 26$ worth of Macca's all for myself.

No regrets man. No regrets. 

You should of bought bagel bites tho those things are the jam.

#80 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:01 PM

Fuck it, I'm having a burrito for dinner.

#81 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:11 PM

Fuck it, I'm having a burrito for dinner.

No cheese or sour cream! 

#82 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:16 PM

No cheese or sour cream! 

But those are the best part of the burrito (unless you're watching your weight, lol)!

Just had a cookie.

#83 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:19 PM

But those are the best part of the burrito (unless you're watching your weight, lol)!

Just had a cookie.

haha She's lactose intolerant like me! Otherwise I am inclined to agree.

RAIN THE SHREDDED CHEESE ON ME. RAIN IT.

#84 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:20 PM

No cheese or sour cream! 

Haha, I can't make any promises. Livin' dangerously!

#85 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:21 PM

haha She's lactose intolerant like me! Otherwise I am inclined to agree.

RAIN THE SHREDDED CHEESE ON ME. RAIN IT.

Ah, I see.  It's too bad.  They had good flavor to burritos.

#86 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:31 PM

I'm about to make grilled cheese!!
It's been awhile since I ate it, so I'M SUPER EXCITED.

#87 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:57 PM

My boss bought us donuts for breakfast.

Roasted potatoes and grilled chicken for lunch.

Chicken wings for dinner.

#88 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:59 PM

Pizza :D

#89 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:43 PM

Steak, baked potato, broccoli. 

#90 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:59 PM

Haha, I can't make any promises. Livin' dangerously!

I know soy-cheese and nut-cheese cost a bomb but you could always invest in those to relieve the cravings. Also, I've seen lactose-reduced (by like 99% or something) cheese in some supermarkets.

#91 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:08 PM

I finally ate. Half of a small meatball sub from Firehouse Subs. It was okay. 

#92 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:03 AM

I have a quick question though. I feel like I've complained about this for a million times lol. But I'm trying really hard to get soda out of my diet, but I experience serious withdrawal symptoms whenever I try and I can't really find a good alternative for it. I try tea (but it's very warm outside these days), plenty of water, orange juice, but nothing beats that refreshing feeling of a nice Cola or Dr Pepper. I'm guessing it's the sugar and/or caffeine that's really keeping me addicted.

Do any of you know other tasty refreshing alternatives? How do you cope with eliminating soda? If you're soda free, what do you drink?

I'm a weak spirit D:

#93 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 04:13 AM

@cassiopeiic I'm almost 100% soda free. I only drink coke when I go to McDonalds which only happens like once or twice a day nowadays lol. And I don't really like any other type of sodas.
I drink tons of water, tea (during summer you can drink it cold! It's amazing! And if you want it to be sweet, natural honey is better than sugar. More healthy, you still are consuming sugar for your cravings, and it's not addicting, at least for me), orange juice. I only drink coffee in the morning, every other day.
Did you ever try sparkling water? But don't get fooled by those flavoured ones! Pick a natural one which was only added the bubbles effect lol. You can add a bit of lemon juice, orange or even tea! Maybe that can help you cheat your brain thinking you are actually drinking soda xD

#94 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 04:18 AM

@cassiopeiic I'm almost 100% soda free. I only drink coke when I go to McDonalds which only happens like once or twice a day nowadays lol. And I don't really like any other type of sodas.
I drink tons of water, tea (during summer you can drink it cold! It's amazing! And if you want it to be sweet, natural honey is better than sugar. More healthy, you still are consuming sugar for your cravings, and it's not addicting, at least for me), orange juice. I only drink coffee in the morning, every other day.
Did you ever try sparkling water? But don't get fooled by those flavoured ones! Pick a natural one which was only added the bubbles effect lol. You can add a bit of lemon juice, orange or even tea! Maybe that can help you cheat your brain thinking you are actually drinking soda xD

I think I'll try the bubbling lemonade 'trick'! I have a great aversion for sparkling water, I think it tastes disgusting lol. But I'm hoping that maybe adding some strawberries or a low-sugar lemonade might help. That's a pretty good idea!

I hate ice-tea though, but I might try just regular cold tea.

#95 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:23 AM

@cassiopeiic most people hate sparkling water, that's why I mentioned the trick, it works for some (it worked for my husband, brother, sister-in-law, some acquaintance I've met during my life). Hope it works for you too. :)
I used to hate homemade cold tea because I was a big fan of "natural" store bought iced-teas with their nice artificial flavours, artificial colours and artificial sweeteners. But natural when it comes to store bought stuff can be very relative, especially if it's drinks/food. So I just went cold turkey and decided that homemade teas would be infinitely more healthy and, consequently, satisfying. That was one of the reasons I began to plant them in my garden too. It tastes better if you really know what you're ingesting xD. But I've never experienced that feeling of withdrawal, so I can't really compare my case to yours :/ I really hope you can make it, though!

#96 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:56 AM

Neapolitan milanesa with french fries.

God, I've eaten too much. More than I can handle.

#97 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:23 AM

I think I'll try the bubbling lemonade 'trick'! I have a great aversion for sparkling water, I think it tastes disgusting lol. But I'm hoping that maybe adding some strawberries or a low-sugar lemonade might help. That's a pretty good idea!

I hate ice-tea though, but I might try just regular cold tea.

Athayde raises a good point. You said you were probably addicted to the sugar or caffeine but your attachment to something "refreshing" indicates you want bubbles. I do the same as Athayde in the sense of iced teas (sweetened on some occasions) but I'll also share a useful trick which my mom used to wean me off soda when I was like 8. The next time you're drinking coke, pour out 3/4 of your usual amount and cut it with 1/4 sparkling water. It gives you the satisfaction of a fizzy drink with less sugar, caffeine and etc. Slowly work your way up until eventually you don't even need coke. But never for a minute think that this is healthy, it's healthy-er but it won't be if you drink more than usual.

I believe Jess might also have some insights about kombucha and home-made soda which will probably be very different from what your taste-buds are used to but could be useful knowledge.

#98 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:44 AM

So far I ate pineapples today.  I'm starting to regret it because now I have a bad taste in my mouth. :S

#99 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:48 AM

@argonate YES! The people I managed to get away from sodas discovered they were addicted to the effervescence side of the beverage, and not the sugar/caffeine in it as they thought they were, maybe because that's what thye're taught/always heard growing up? I wonder how many people are actually searching for the bubbly effect and not the sugar or caffeine. One of those fallacious things that someone wants us to believe for whatever reason.

I just ate 3 croissaints with vanilla & chocolate cream. God.

#100 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2015 - 04:10 PM

Tuna pizza :9

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: food

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users