Quantcast

Photo

Kissing your kids on the mouth

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Poll: Kissing your kids on the mouth (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Should you kiss your kids on the mouth?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:16 PM

I'm entitled to my opinions regardless of whether or not you get offended. It's the internet Kate. Grow some thicker skin. I'm not censoring myself. lol

You forgot about Hispanic people. I hate those wetbacks.

#VoteTrump.

Yeah silly me for thinking my friends actually care about my feelings :p

#52 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:20 PM

Don't get me wrong, I love you to death.

I'm not one to filter myself though.

One takes offense. It isn't given.

#53 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:20 PM

I'm not your friend, buddy.

#54 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:21 PM

I'm not your friend, buddy.

I'm not your buddy, guy.

#55 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:23 PM

EEEEEEEEEEEW, GROSS

#56 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:25 PM

lol

#57 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:26 PM

I'm entitled to my opinions regardless of whether or not you get offended. It's the internet Kate. Grow some thicker skin. I'm not censoring myself. lol

You forgot about Hispanic people. I hate those wetbacks.

#VoteTrump.

https://en.wikipedia...d_to_my_opinion

#58 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:30 PM

Can I say we all had worse things on our lips than the lips of our loved ones?

Thank you.

#59 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:39 PM

Your point?

I said why I thought kissing on the mouth was "fucking weird".

Kate was the one that took offense to my phrasing because it was "offensive".

#60 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:39 PM

I have a question. Those of you who find it weird or just don't do it, do you kiss your pet on the mouth?

#61 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:40 PM

I have a question. Those of you who find it weird or just don't do it, do you kiss your pet on the mouth?

No.

I don't kiss my frog on the mouth. :p

#62 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:43 PM

I don't find it weird but I'm just gonna go ahead and say my kitties get loads of kisses. And although it's not exactly the same, they 'kiss' me back by grooming me, sometimes in the face which is completely uncomfortable since they have hooks on their tongues but thats not the point

#63 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:43 PM

You weirdos :p

(No, I don't do that with my pets, that's gross too. I love them, but they are always licking their assholes)

#64 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:44 PM

yes but only the cats, I dont kiss my dog on the mouth he would try to lick my mouth

#65 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:44 PM

B9KPSJ2IEAAzFVh.jpg

#66 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:49 PM

Where's that bell of shame when we need it lol

I'll answer it too. I don't kiss my dog on the muth because he's a piggy, he hunts everything that comes in his territory, mice, snakes, bugs. He's also very fond of his butt and testicles. So... xD

#67 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:01 PM

Nope.

#68 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:02 PM

Do it if you want, stop it if it makes you or your kids uncomfortable.

Tadaa.

#69 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:05 PM

I find this thread a success just for the fact that I got @Waser Lave to acknowledge my existence.

I'd kiss that badger right on my mouth with my filthy weird sloth mouth. 

#70 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:34 PM

Yup, kissed my parents on the lips as a kid. I think most every kid born and raised in Hawaii does, aunties and uncles too (blood related or not).

Grow older and it's just pecks on the cheek. Heck even meeting someone for the first time (non-formally) or meeting up with someone of the opposite sex you do the double kiss on the cheeks; or cheek to cheek which I find weirder.

Idk how it is on the mainland, I don't hang around kids or people with kids at all. But, if it's anything like how people don't introduce their friends to you when you're with them then I'm pretty doubtful.

#71 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:58 PM

It is just another part of culture. Kissing your child on the mouth just represents a bond. If some parents don't want to do it, fine. Other cultures have different views on kissing. Just look up George Bush visiting Saudi Arabia. They hold hands as a form of showing a relationship. And that relationship doesn't have to be sexual or anything f in nature. It is just a relationship

#72 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:28 PM

My mother always used to kiss me on the mouth.  Take it from me: That shit messes you up.

#73 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:30 AM

I find this thread a success just for the fact that I got @Waser Lave to acknowledge my existence.

I'd kiss that badger right on my mouth with my filthy weird sloth mouth. 

I know that many people exist, I just don't care. :p You're alright though.

#74 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:14 AM

When I was young I'd kiss my mother and my grandmother. More so I was kinda forced to. They'd sneak up on me and get me.

Now when I'm with my mom and take my leave she tries to kiss my lips, but I just go for a hug. Mom, I'm in my 20's. I grew up. STOP IT.

Spoiler

#75 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:18 AM

This was an interesting rabbit hole to fall into.

Cultural relativism is important here. I've never kissed my family on the lips, but also, I'm adopted and I fucking hate my family. I'm not super touchy-feely either. Personally, I love reading these threads to see various perspectives and biases (not necessarily positive or negative). I think the important thing to remember is there is always someone out there who will do or like things that seem unusual to you or by your standards, but that your standards aren't necessarily universal and that is okay. I mean, there is a tribe in Papua New Guinea that performs homosexuality as the norm and heterosexual acts are an inconvenience only for reproduction. On the subject of the morality of kissing your kids, that cannot logically be determined, since morality is subjective. Anyone insisting kissing your kids on the lips is emotionally traumatic is probably referencing his own culture, in which case, he could be right in some cases, but that rule won't apply to other cultures where kissing perceived differently. I think American purity culture needs some work and we could learn a few things from other cultures, to be honest. :l 

This is off-topic: @Elindoril do you by chance play a game called Mabinogi?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users