27 replies to this topic

#1 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:56 AM

I have mine and I wanna know yours.

What are your favorite video games codex? Even better if you have a few favorites from differing genres.

My favorite series is hands down The Legend of Zelda. It was my introduction to RPGs and the series will forever have a special place in my heart. OoT and MM have aged very well.

Favorite games to play with other people are Minecraft and almost every game from the Monster Hunter series (I'm @Chappy's cleric lmao)

Skyrim has to be  one of my favorite RPGs though. The modding community keeps breathing new life into this game.

List yours!

#2 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:08 AM

TBH I'm more of a FPS game ^_^
I love playing COD, especially black ops zombies

But I like LOL and neo if that counts

#3 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:13 AM

My favorite game of all time is Halo 2, and pretty much the Halo series as a whole.

Lately, I don't really play anything but Destiny.

#4 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:27 AM

I watch more games then I play :/

A few of my favorites include Animal Crossing (new leaf & lost world), Monster Hunter, and of course Harvest Moon~

I started steam and yes please to Honey pop. Banging girls like no body's business~

Harvest moon got me to play a bunch of games,but it is my all time favorite. (Classic GBA for me <3) 

If you want to know the best Harvest moons in my opinion: Grand Bazzar & GBA: Friends of mineral town.
I haven't played but apparently the newest one is great.

#5 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:43 AM

Anything with Mario, especially on Nintendo.

The Sims

#6 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:22 AM

It's hard to name just one. I really liked Skyrim, I still play it every once in a while. Bioshock infinite will always be one of the best story lines I've ever played. GTA SA because it was my childhood. I have countless hours of fun with minecraft. Ezio's games of assassin's creed will always be in my heart.

#7 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:58 AM

I also watch more games than play them because I unfortunately do not own the latest consoles.

That said, My favorite games are

SNES: Donkey Kong Country, Super Metroid, TMNT: Turtles in Time, Yoshi's Island

Gameboy: Almost anything Pokemon, Kirby's Pinball Land

N64: Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, LoZ:OoT, LoZ:MM, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing

PS1: The whole Spyro Series, Crash Bandicoot,Gex: Enter the Gecko

PC: Almost anything from TellTales Games, Scribblenauts

#8 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 31 August 2015 - 11:04 AM

I love Hearthstone, Heroes of The Storm is slowly becoming a new favourite, The Sims 5evr, I will always love Harvest Moon which I haven't played in years but that was my absolute favourite.
That's pretty much it, I'm a game hopper so I tend to get bored very quickly but Hearthstone and Sims I've played from the start and never tire of.

#9 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:36 PM

SPLATOON

Honestly I don't know how I lived without this game before, everything is so fresh and fun!! The Animal Crossing team made it so you know it's gonna be great just from that, but they really did a fantastic job with it. I love it so much why can't I be an Inkling ;_; p.s. Callie is my wife

And uhhh other games..... Pokemon (Super Mystery Dungeon looks great!! Can't wait until that comes out), Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, Okami, Yume Nikki, Touhou, and Wadanohara are all amazing ^^ <3

#10 Arex

Arex
  • 140 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:16 PM

I've been a fan of Pokemon for a while now, just haven't really been interested in it for the last year or two. Still haven't finished OR :|

I also love Bioshock, League, CS:GO + a couple others 

#11 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:19 PM

I miss the old Pokemon games of Red, Blue and Yellow.

#12 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2015 - 07:23 PM

So so so many.

PS:

- Neopets: the Darkest Faerie - This one is for PS2. I freaking love this game. I've played it more than I care to admit, and I never get bored of it.

- Spyro - this goes since PS1. The first one is my all-time favorite, but they're all great.

- Crash Bandicoot - also since the PS1. The spin-offs are awesome too, especially the racing one where you can "mix" with other runners.

- GTA SA - I loved killing people. My mom didn't know about the violence, so the secret made the game even better lol

- Kingdom Hearts - omg this game is just incredible! I was addicted to it, and I could easily get addicted if I started playing again. I can't wait for KH3 to come out :D :D

Nintendo:

- Zelda - any game of this franchise, really.

- Pokémon - all of them, even the spin-offs. I don't care about that "original 101" bullshit, the more, the merrier!

- Mario - most of them as well. They're great to play when bored :p

- Elite Beat Agents (DS) - this. Game. Is. Fucking. Awesome. It's one of those music tapping games, but this is not like the other ones, this game has great music and gaaaah it's just so fun!!! I used to play on my DS lite with an R4, but after getting a 3DS I couldn't play it anymore. A couple years later I found a copy in an online store and bought it, now I can play it any time :D

XBOX:

- Just Dance - I have all of them lol. It has a lot of girly dances, but I still play them. It's great to play with friends and family, but can also be played by yourself. They get better every year, with better dances and better costumes too.

- Far Cry 3/4 - I haven't played 1 and 2, but 3 and 4 are amazing. Played for hours.

- Dead Rising 3 - I tried DR4, but it didn't have sandbox mode, which is what I love about DR3. I don't like the pressure of saving other people and being careful not to turn into a zombie. I just want to craft weird weapons and kill zombies!

- GTA V - basically for the same reason I love GTA SA, killing people. The graphics are much better too, of course. I really liked the story of the game.

PC:

- The Sims - I've played since TS1 (I was really young but that didn't stop me from making them "woohoo" [thanks Trich]). Sometimes I get bored for a month or so then get back to playing it.

- Minecraft - I like playing single players maps and some servers have pretty cool games, but the best thing about Minecraft was when we played for the first time on a server. I miss those days.

I'm sure there are a lot more games I love, but these are the ones I can think of.

Edited to add some other games.

#13 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2015 - 07:28 PM

Mario Kart (N64), Paper Mario (N64), FFXII (ps2), The Godfather (ps2), The Last of Us (ps3), Mafia II (ps3), CoD4 (PC), Runescape (PC)

edit: how could i forget pokemon

Edited by DonValentino, 31 August 2015 - 07:29 PM.

#14 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:40 PM

MarioKart, Mario Brothers (NES), Duck Hunt, Pokemon Blue, Donkey Kong, Mass Effect (for obvious reasons and if you don't know those LOL to you), Pac Man. 

#15 RedLoveBlackHeart

RedLoveBlackHeart
  • 265 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:47 PM

I was hooked on Pokemon as a child. I had a red gameboy and the red version. Other games woudl be Super Mario Bros (SNES), Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES), Super Smash Bros. (N64), Mario Kart (N64) Viewtiful Joe (GC).

#16 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:17 AM

Man... um... so many to choose from...

I guess in no particular order:

Total Annihilation (PC)

Gundam: Journey to Jaburo (PS2)

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner Raidou (PS2)

Mega Man 3 (NES)

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

Pokemon Stadium 2 (N64)

Dynasty Warriors Gundam: Reborn (PS3)

Bloons TD5 (Flash/Steam)

Gemcraft: Chasing Shadows (Flash/Steam)

Halo Wars (360)

Halo Reach (360)

Commander Keen franchise (PC)

Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Genesis)

Pokemon Gold & Silver/HeartGold & SoulSilver (GBC/DS)

Assassin Creed: Brotherhood (PS3)

Kamen Rider Batoraido War I &II (PS3)

Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland (PS3)

The Legend of Zelda & The Adventures of Link (NES)

Marvel Heroes (PC)

Final Fantasy XI (PC)

Final Fantasy VIII (PS1/PC)

Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)

Magna Carta 2 (360)

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim (played on 360 originally, PS3 when I upgraded from 360, PC when I had a powerful enough computer, and will inevitably PS4 cos I'm an achievement wh0re & I thoroughly support Bethesda)

World of Warcraft (PC)

.hack// franchise (PS2)

Think those are most/all the ones I play the most frequently - even the older ones still get dusted off from time to time.

Playing Final Fantasy Type 0 HD and hear great things about it. May even become my first fave PS4 game.

#17 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:39 AM

But Zelda isn't an RPG. It's action-adventure...

Recent favorites include:

SMT Devil Survivor 1 + 2. I wish Record Breaker wasn't freaking $50. It's a 3DS game dammit!

Final Fantasy XIV if only for the story. The current grind right now sucks and I can't be arsed to stay subbed anymore.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. I'm a few years late on this and only just finished playing it a couple days ago. Just in time for MGS5 which I won't be playing until I can afford a PS4.

It's 5 AM and I'm too tired to think of more.

#18 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:38 AM

Mario Kart (N64), Paper Mario (N64), FFXII (ps2), The Godfather (ps2), The Last of Us (ps3), Mafia II (ps3), CoD4 (PC), Runescape (PC)

edit: how could i forget pokemon

I actually bought Mario Kart on eBay the other day and it's supposed to arrive this afternoon.

#19 KevinJCastaneda

KevinJCastaneda
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:32 AM

My favorite games are The Sims 4, Fifa 15 and GTA V.

#20 Kraehe

Kraehe
  • 100 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:17 AM

Listing the ones at the top of my head:

:wub: The Pokemon series! I've played it on the Gameboy Color, Nintendo, and NDS. It never gets old.  ;) 

:wub: Ragnarok Online: I started playing when it was first released in 2002. It's a game which I always find myself installing whenever I get a new laptop. It's the type of game that I really go back to from time to time. 

:wub: Kingdom Hearts: My all time favorite PS game. FF + Disney =  :yahoo:

:wub: League of Legends: I enjoy the gameplay and variety of characters. I end up playing more than I want to just to rank up. :p  

#21 March

March
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:45 AM

Fave "old" game: Banjo Kazooie. I bought an n64 and the cartridge a couple months ago just to replay it.

I always come back to Skryim and Minecraft. Just so much to do in both of those.

Assassin's Creed 1, 2, and Brotherhood. dON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON 3 AND UP...... >B(

And my favorite handheld series, Pokemon, Professor Layton, Ace Attorney. And Animal Crossing.

#22 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:32 PM

And my favorite handheld series, Pokemon, Professor Layton, Ace Attorney. And Animal Crossing.

Of course, how could I forget Professor Layton! I've played all games so far, except the one with Ace Attorney (but I plan on buying it). It's so gooooood.

#23 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:34 PM

CS:GO, Smite, and all Worms games! I've also been a big fan of any Earthworm Jim game :D.

#24 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:17 PM

I actually bought Mario Kart on eBay the other day and it's supposed to arrive this afternoon.

NOSTALGIA TIME.

#25 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:34 AM

NOSTALGIA TIME.

Well it didn't arrive. Maybe today is the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users