• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:01 AM

What breakfast foods do you like the most? Is eating breakfast for lunch or dinner an US thing or do other countries do this too? My husband is totally making me brunch because I'm deliriously tired and hungry. xD 

#2 Feral

Feral
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:06 AM

As an adult who has shifted to being nocturnal over the years (I regularly sleep 5 AM - Noon ), I'm not often awake during the normal breakfast hours. Sometimes I work an early shift and get breakfast at work but that's rare. If I do eat "breakfast" food it's almost always dinner/late night.

#3 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:07 AM

scrambled egg with pepper :D can eat them for breakfast or dinner

in fact, we dont eat dinner, just breakfast, lunch and "tea time" 

for breakfast and tea time we can eat bread, scrambled egg, toasted bread with avocado (yummy) kuchen, cakes, muffins, cupcakes, sandwiches (Ham & cheese are the most common)

#4 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:09 AM

I lovelovelovelovelove breakfast foods.  Although I'd have to say I like bacon and eggs the most because they give me energy and curb my appetite so I'm good for the day.  I also like pancakes, waffles, various cereals, and acidic fruits (in moderation).

#5 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:10 AM

Pancakes, waffles, or the french toast my mom makes. She makes it with challah, and it's delicious. My university has french toast, but they make it with regular bread, and I tried it once. It was awful. It just tasted like fried bread with butter. I basically can't eat any french toast that isn't made with challah anymore. I need to go buy cereal and more breakfast foods, because I sleep through breakfast as most of my classes don't start till 10am or later (except the 8:30am one). I had yoghurt covered pretzels for breakfast this morning. 

I will eat breakfast foods no matter what time of the day it is. 

#6 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:16 AM

Bacon, egg and cheese bagel. 

Breakfast burrito.

Pancakes, bacon and eggs. 

Omelette and hashbrowns. 

Potatos, eggs and ham all mixed together. Idk what it's called. 

Bacon.

I love breakfast. 

#7 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:27 AM

I just stuffed my face with egg and a pile of bacon on toast (cuz I burned my muffin :c). Then I got in a muffin fight with my husband... we threw burnt English muffin halves at each other... yeah I probably should really try to sleep soon...

I love breakfast food, especially home fries and bacon. I love making fried eggs on bagels with bacon or ham. Crepes. French toast. Oh man. I just love it all.

#8 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:34 AM

I eat anything and everything at any hour of the day because I love food :lol2:

#9 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:39 AM

Our breakfasts are very meh. A lot of people don't even have it here :p I usually eat a cheese and ham sandwich, then get back to sleep.

#10 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:50 AM

I usually eat a smoothie and eggs with feta. I like home fries with tumeric and pepper, hashbrowns, bacon, omelettes, fried eggs on salad, and all of that covered in white gravy. Fruit's cool too, I guess.

#11 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:57 AM

We don't use to eat lots of things at breakfast. We do enjoy eating a strong lunch. For breakfast I always have a coffee and maybe a toast.

#12 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:01 PM

FUCK YES I FUCKIN LOVE BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!! Oh my god I haven't had french toast in so long and kinda forgot about it!! I'll have to make some sometime!!! But hell yes I love my overly sugary cereals, waffles, pancakes, french toast, scrambled eggs n toast, oatmeal, fried eggs (though usually I have these for lunch as a sandwich lol), bagels, muffins, hashbrowns, hell even just toast with jam/marmalade is good too!! Always gotta have some sorta juice with everything too, or at least coffee/tea. I'd totally have fruits with breakfast but usually I just eat those later and just go with the freeze dried crap if the cereal I have is the kind that comes with it hahaha. aaaaaaa I want more breakfast after typing all this up

I always have to have something to eat when I wake up though or else I'll be hungry constantly all day and it's awful ;_;

OH RIGHT a store in the UK has this delicious and probably incredibly unhealthy chocolate cereal and it is so fucking good!! I haven't had it in years (there wasn't an M&S nearby in any of the places I've lived at for the past couple of years) but I totally want some now

#13 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:06 PM

Is eating breakfast for lunch or dinner an US thing or do other countries do this too?

Wat.
Seriously?

#14 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:12 PM

FUCK YES I FUCKIN LOVE BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!! Oh my god I haven't had french toast in so long and kinda forgot about it!! I'll have to make some sometime!!! But hell yes I love my overly sugary cereals, waffles, pancakes, french toast, scrambled eggs n toast, oatmeal, fried eggs (though usually I have these for lunch as a sandwich lol), bagels, muffins, hashbrowns, hell even just toast with jam/marmalade is good too!! Always gotta have some sorta juice with everything too, or at least coffee/tea. I'd totally have fruits with breakfast but usually I just eat those later and just go with the freeze dried crap if the cereal I have is the kind that comes with it hahaha. aaaaaaa I want more breakfast after typing all this up

I always have to have something to eat when I wake up though or else I'll be hungry constantly all day and it's awful ;_;

OH RIGHT a store in the UK has this delicious and probably incredibly unhealthy chocolate cereal and it is so fucking good!! I haven't had it in years (there wasn't an M&S nearby in any of the places I've lived at for the past couple of years) but I totally want some now

Damn, that delicious and probably incredibly unhealthy chocolate cereal sounds like a perfect breakfast/brunch/lunch/snack/dinner/supper :lol2:

#15 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:12 PM

Wat.
Seriously?

walter-jr-breaking-bad-desayuno11.jpg

#16 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:16 PM

Wat.
Seriously?

Yes, seriously. Every culture is different. xD

#17 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:24 PM

Damn, that delicious and probably incredibly unhealthy chocolate cereal sounds like a perfect breakfast/brunch/lunch/snack/dinner/supper :lol2:

It totally is!! I would just eat it for dessert or as a snack sometimes because ohhhhh god it's just so tasty!! There's no way I could limit myself to eating it just once everyday!!

Man I just checked the site and they don't ship foods overseas..... God it's just some oats and chocolate and I want it so bad ;_;

#18 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:27 PM

I eat anything and everything at any hour of the day because I love food :lol2:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-17002-1405173514-11

Spoiler

#19 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:28 PM

Bacon and Cereal are my favorite things.

#20 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:29 PM

I recently learned about US McDonalds' breakfast options. There are tons of things to choose!! Here in Argentina we have like 5 breakfast menus (which are not very different from eachother). As an, student McDonalds' coffee is what keeps me up during the mornings :p

Edited by Scavi, 03 September 2015 - 12:30 PM.

#21 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:59 PM

It totally is!! I would just eat it for dessert or as a snack sometimes because ohhhhh god it's just so tasty!! There's no way I could limit myself to eating it just once everyday!!

Man I just checked the site and they don't ship foods overseas..... God it's just some oats and chocolate and I want it so bad ;_;

They want the choco goodness all for themselves. Selfish basterds ;_;

Next time I go to the supermarket I'll see if they have it there (if they do maybe I can send you some boxes lol). :3

anigif_enhanced-buzz-17002-1405173514-11

Spoiler

I've seen so many posts from you with gifs of Offerman's character that I'm nurturing some kind of weird crush for his moustache.

#22 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:24 PM

They want the choco goodness all for themselves. Selfish basterds ;_;

Next time I go to the supermarket I'll see if they have it there (if they do maybe I can send you some boxes lol). :3

Aaaahhhh that would be so amazing ;w; <3

Maybe they have something similar here though, I'll have to check next time I go shopping!!

#23 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:29 PM

On behalf on @Nymh, I'll say crumpets.
With marmite.

#24 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards