Steelers at Browns

Jaguars at Texans

Raiders at Chiefs

Chargers at Broncos

Buccaneers at Panthers

Seahawks at Cardinals

Rams at 49ers
Vikings at Packers

Tiebreaker: What will be the Total Combined Score of the Vikings/Packers game?

#302 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:48 PM

Jets at Bills
Patriots at Dolphins
Saints at Falcons
Lions at Bears
Eagles at Giants
Redskins at Cowboys
Titans at Colts

Ravens at Bengals
Steelers at Browns
Jaguars at Texans
Raiders at Chiefs
Chargers at Broncos
Buccaneers at Panthers
Seahawks at Cardinals
Rams at 49ers
Vikings at Packers

Score: 54

#303 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:05 AM

Ok gang, I need some input. Initially I was going to give a gold, silver, and bronze trophy to the Top 3 finishers, but to remain in line with all the other contests on Codex, it would probably be best if there was just a single award for winners, as well as one for participants. With that said, which of the trophies below do you feel is appropriate for the contest winners?

The gold trophy obviously represents the "best" because it is gold, however the silver trophy more accurately depicts the Lombardi Trophy that is awarded to the winner of the Super Bowl each year. Since it is an NFL themed contest, I feel like it is appropriate option as well.

Which trophy do you feel is the better of the two, and should ultimately be awarded to the contest winners?

2h5qqs8.gif1i21b4.gif

#304 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:48 AM

Ok gang, I need some input. Initially I was going to give a gold, silver, and bronze trophy to the Top 3 finishers, but to remain in line with all the other contests on Codex, it would probably be best if there was just a single award for winners, as well as one for participants. With that said, which of the trophies below do you feel is appropriate for the contest winners?

The gold trophy obviously represents the "best" because it is gold, however the silver trophy more accurately depicts the Lombardi Trophy that is awarded to the winner of the Super Bowl each year. Since it is an NFL themed contest, I feel like it is appropriate option as well.

Which trophy do you feel is the better of the two, and should ultimately be awarded to the contest winners?

2h5qqs8.gif1i21b4.gif

Hmm.
Since it's a Codex event trophy I think it'd be better to go with the traditional Gold > Silver (> Bronze) especially since non-football fan members would be completely oblivious to the Lombardi Trophy thing.

Though that may easily be fixed by making the gold one static while the silver remains animated if you prefer the other route. Possibly?  :)

#305 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2015 - 09:11 AM

Since it's a Codex event trophy I think it'd be better to go with the traditional Gold > Silver (> Bronze) especially since non-football fan members would be completely oblivious to the Lombardi Trophy thing.

This is the same reason I was leaning toward just using the Gold so hopefully more people chime in and feel the same way.

#306 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:12 AM

2h5qqs8.gif1i21b4.gif

Gold for top 3, and silver for participants. We. Need. More. Trophies. And everyone deserves something. /cries at her standing

#307 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:15 AM

Gold for top whatever silver for participants

#308 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:22 AM

Week 17 Schedule

Jets at Bills

Patriots at Dolphins

Saints at Falcons

Lions at Bears

Eagles at Giants

Redskins at Cowboys

Titans at Colts

Ravens at Bengals

Steelers at Browns

Jaguars at Texans

Raiders at Chiefs

Chargers at Broncos

Buccaneers at Panthers

Seahawks at Cardinals

Rams at 49ers
Vikings at Packers

Tiebreaker: What will be the Total Combined Score of the Vikings/Packers game? 48

#309 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:32 PM

I agree Gold for top and Silver for participants...but I think that they should BOTH be animated.

#310 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:38 PM

Those are such cute trophies! Yeah, probably should stick with gold for winners, silver for all else.

Edited by Susie, 30 December 2015 - 02:38 PM.

#311 MelodyPond

MelodyPond
  • 159 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:06 PM

I agree, gold for winner and silver for participants. They are really nice!

#312 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2015 - 07:01 PM

What am I going to do weekly now that this is over? :unsure:

#313 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:32 AM

The Week 17 Results have been posted. I was the winner with 13 correct this week. Rocket was right behind me with 12 correct. As always, double check to make sure I calculated correctly. The Week 17 winning teams were: Bills, Dolphins, Saints, Lions, Eagles, Redskins, Colts, Bengals, Steelers, Texans, Chiefs, Broncos, Panthers, Seahawks, 49ers, Vikings.

Final Standings

1st - @Kaddict - 154

2nd - @talbs - 148

3rd - @Susie - 141

@Kord (138) @Alexiel (135) @Rocket (126) just narrowly missed the podium!

The Final Cumulative totals can be found in the OP. This is always a lot of fun for me (and hopefully you all) so I appreciate everyone who participated and stuck it out until the end. I hope we have an even higher number of participants next year!

#314 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:36 AM

I still can't believe the dolphins beat the pats #rekt

#315 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:42 AM

Thank you for this, @talbs! And yeah, I actually had fun even though I don't watch the sport :p

Congrats to winners, and all participants!

#316 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:01 AM

I still can't believe the dolphins beat the pats #rekt

Part of me thinks that New England threw the game so they could avoid playing Pittsburgh. I guess there's no way to tell for certain though.

#317 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:36 PM

congrats to the winners !! i joined too late 

#318 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:37 PM

congrats to the winners !! i joined too late 

When the next one starts in August, I will tag everyone who participated this time so that everyone has an equal chance to start from the beginning!

#319 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:38 PM

When the next one starts in August, I will tag everyone who participated this time so that everyone has an equal chance to start from the beginning!

yeah please :D dont watch football, but its just guessing and do some research about every team 

thanks for hosting Talbs :)

#320 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:39 PM

Thanks for hosting talbs! It is fun way for me to keep up on the scores and stuff. But it appears I now have awards under my name. I was able to avoid them for so long...

#321 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:40 PM

yeah please :D dont watch football, but its just guessing and do some research about every team 

thanks for hosting Talbs :)

I rarely watch anymore these days, and mostly just googled the previous weeks results and picked the winning team. Seemed to turn out pretty well for me

Thanks for hosting talbs! It is fun way for me to keep up on the scores and stuff. But it appears I now have awards under my name. I was able to avoid them for so long...

I can remove them if you dont want them

#322 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:42 PM

I rarely watch anymore these days, and mostly just googled the previous weeks results and picked the winning team. Seemed to turn out pretty well for me

I can remove them if you dont want them

Eh. Its like ripping off a bandaid. I have avoided some things because I didn't want any awards, but now I guess I wont have that same fear/sentiment

#323 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:44 PM

I can remove them if you want :p

Oh, nevermind lol

#324 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:58 PM

Thanks much for hosting @talbs ...this was a ton of fun, and I look forward to participating again next year! :D

#325 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2016 - 01:39 PM

Thanks for hosting Talbs! This was a lot of fun!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: prize, random, nfl, nudes, np, winning, money, deflategate, superbowl, neocodex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users