Trigger Warnings

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 dddbliss

dddbliss
  • 47 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:46 AM

That's fallacious. There's no inherent benefit to making the challenge a surprise - a warning is just that, a warning. Not a way of saying "leave if you can't deal with rape images".

So you are saying that to become a Medical Examiner, I can bypass all the actual dissection of bodies or parts that is part of my degree path because I am traumatized by a dead body? If that is true, then I never want to have any surgical procedure again - ever.

In an educational context, the excuse isn't valid if it pertains to your education. It is where "leave if you can't deal with it" is a logical response.

#27 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:55 AM

So you are saying that to become a Medical Examiner, I can bypass all the actual dissection of bodies or parts that is part of my degree path because I am traumatized by a dead body? If that is true, then I never want to have any surgical procedure again - ever.

In an educational context, the excuse isn't valid if it pertains to your education. It is where "leave if you can't deal with it" is a logical response.

That's the exact opposite of what I said.

#28 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:55 PM

When I was growing up, trigger warnings were used to warn rape survivors that a particular movie, tv show, book had a rape scene in it. 

Now it means that fat tumblrinas might get offended if their choices get called out. 

#29 Mothra

Mothra
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:51 PM

Hey, all movies and shows have ratings and state what content is in it.

A trigger warning is a good way to let people atleast be prepapred when they go and read/watch/etc something.

I always see people saying trigger warnings are a form of censorship, when it's completely not. It's a way to allow sensitive content to remain, but let people choose whether or not they wanna be exposed to it.

I have a few friends with PTSD or other anxiety disorders, and there are some topics they'd rather not have to see/read about. Or they atleast just wanna know the thing they're about to watch/read will contain it so they're not in for a shock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users