19 replies to this topic

#1 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:53 PM

neopetsdf_ps2box_usa_ORG-E10.jpg

Hey guys, this is going to be my first tutorial so please give me some constructive feedback  :wub:

The Tools you will need:

A PlayStation 2 emulator which you can find: here

The game ISO which you can download: here

Some BIOS files needed to start the emulator: here

Now that you have everything you need I will explain how to configure the basic stuff of this emulator PCSX2. If you have used it before you can pretty much skip all the rest and enjoy the game  :wub:  If you are not familiar at all please continue on.

When you are installing make sure you install the DirectX and the C++ Redistributables. Chances are that you already have them because they are needed for some games/software. After installing and opening it for the first time this is the screen you will see:

31640f476b35d71d2ec16ce690c46283.png

No need to explain much here. It supports a lot of languages if you want to change the language do so and then click Next.

ff50023c6c13ad5918eb44562e639287.png

After you click next on the previous screen you will see this one. It loads the default plugins. Those worked fine on my PC so i didn't bother changing them.

If you run across any problems after following this guide please comment below and i will try to help you finding the right ones for your system.

CSDbsX3.png

You then will be prompted to pick a BIOS file. For that open the BIOS zipped file you downloaded early and extract any .bin file to the bios folder. You can drop all of them or just one. It wont really matter as the emulator isn't region locked. After placing any file just click on Refresh List and choose one.

805c32fd73e8f7b03889fee94ad6bd2b.png

This is just a screenshot showing i had those 2 emulator files on my Bios folder.

The emulator is now configured  :o  :o  yaay  :wub:

Now there's just one more step... The controls

Just go to Config > Controllers [Pad] > Plugin Settings...

aebee5f7ebd38fad47692ea34c408cb9.png

Now you will see some window with PAD1 and PAD2 tabs. Just configure the PAD1

02HPmZ7.png

This is how mine looks. You can also use your keyboard but i find it better to use some usb controller  :)

To set the key just click on them on the right side and it will prompt you to click on a key with your keyboard/controller and it will save it.

Finally after all this just click on System > Boot CDVD (full)

9da1b54ce73371c0afab8cb776b48b4d.png

Choose the ISO you just downloaded and voila!  :)  

Screenshot of it working: http://i.imgur.com/WN8oM5A.jpg

I made it that resolution just for the tutorial purposes. I always play it full screen  :ohwell:

Now after all this hopefully everything will work just fine  :wub:  If not I will try to help you find some other plugins which may work on your system.

I never tested this on Linux/Mac but since they have it on their download page i assume it will work just fine.

That's all folks  ;)

#2 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:31 AM

I would definitely try it if I hadn't got a really slow computer. I'm saving up money for a good pc, but as for right now I can only play Super Mario here :lol2:

#3 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:22 AM

I remember playing this as a kid. I still have it. And my playstation.

#4 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:15 AM

Oh shoot! I've been meaning to play this since my PS2 blew up but found out the game compatibility with PCS was off but now it works! Thanks man.

#5 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:30 AM

Oh shoot! I've been meaning to play this since my PS2 blew up but found out the game compatibility with PCS was off but now it works! Thanks man.

You're welcome :) Enjoy  ;)

#6 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:59 AM

This is awesome! I'm going to play this with my sister sometime.... Man I remember us playing it as kids haha. The nostalgia is real  :heart: Thanks for posting this :)

#7 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:38 PM

YW! :D It's been a while since i last played this, lol. Still need to finish it :p Too bad my job and my websites take most of my time. Glad you liked the guide anyways  :wub:

#8 Nrg

Nrg
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:20 PM

Hello, so I followed everything you did and got it to work, I just can't use my mouse or key bored, I've tried pressing the keys and using my mouse but nothings works. would help out a lot if you have an idea on whats wrong.

#9 Oberon

Oberon
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:16 PM

Hey, What Iso did you choose? I tried all 3 options available that popped up from ISO selector on the dropdown, from the download of Darkest Faerie that's linked here and they all ended in "File not found. Path: IsoFileSystem." and nothing is playing after that. Is the link broken?

Hello, so I followed everything you did and got it to work, I just can't use my mouse or key bored, I've tried pressing the keys and using my mouse but nothings works. would help out a lot if you have an idea on whats wrong.

Which File did you select in the Iso Selector?

#10 Nrg

Nrg
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:29 AM

Hey, What Iso did you choose? I tried all 3 options available that popped up from ISO selector on the dropdown, from the download of Darkest Faerie that's linked here and they all ended in "File not found. Path: IsoFileSystem." and nothing is playing after that. Is the link broken?

Which File did you select in the Iso Selector?

What do you mean, when I clicked on the ios link it took me straight to a download link for it, or are you talking about something els?

#11 bootiesrus

bootiesrus
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:29 AM

Thank you so much for this! I had always wanted to play this game way back when it was released, however I never managed to get my hands on an actual copy~

<3 Can't wait to try it!

#12 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2018 - 03:37 AM

Thank you so much for this! I had always wanted to play this game way back when it was released, however I never managed to get my hands on an actual copy~

<3 Can't wait to try it!

Yw :D

Did you configure your keyboard on the keypad settings?

Did you go to the controllers pad setttings? You need to configure the keyboard or a controller for it to work.

#13 animean

animean
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:45 PM

Very nice guide! 

I'll have to give the game a try since I never played it as a kid! 

#14 Ghartun

Ghartun
  • 233 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2018 - 09:16 AM

Thanks a lot for this! I never had the chance to play the game, now I can fulfill this wish

Only thing is that my screen is looking really odd, anyone can help?

https://i.imgur.com/6uvB8BX.png

---

nevermind, fixed it

Edited by Drops, 26 July 2018 - 01:11 PM.

#15 s23786098

s23786098
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:30 AM

neopetsdf_ps2box_usa_ORG-E10.jpg

Hey guys, this is going to be my first tutorial so please give me some constructive feedback  :wub:

The Tools you will need:

A PlayStation 2 emulator which you can find: here

The game ISO which you can download: here

Some BIOS files needed to start the emulator: here

Now that you have everything you need I will explain how to configure the basic stuff of this emulator PCSX2. If you have used it before you can pretty much skip all the rest and enjoy the game  :wub:  If you are not familiar at all please continue on.

When you are installing make sure you install the DirectX and the C++ Redistributables. Chances are that you already have them because they are needed for some games/software. After installing and opening it for the first time this is the screen you will see:

31640f476b35d71d2ec16ce690c46283.png

No need to explain much here. It supports a lot of languages if you want to change the language do so and then click Next.

ff50023c6c13ad5918eb44562e639287.png

After you click next on the previous screen you will see this one. It loads the default plugins. Those worked fine on my PC so i didn't bother changing them.

If you run across any problems after following this guide please comment below and i will try to help you finding the right ones for your system.

CSDbsX3.png

You then will be prompted to pick a BIOS file. For that open the BIOS zipped file you downloaded early and extract any .bin file to the bios folder. You can drop all of them or just one. It wont really matter as the emulator isn't region locked. After placing any file just click on Refresh List and choose one.

805c32fd73e8f7b03889fee94ad6bd2b.png

This is just a screenshot showing i had those 2 emulator files on my Bios folder.

The emulator is now configured  :o  :o  yaay  :wub:

Now there's just one more step... The controls

Just go to Config > Controllers [Pad] > Plugin Settings...

aebee5f7ebd38fad47692ea34c408cb9.png

Now you will see some window with PAD1 and PAD2 tabs. Just configure the PAD1

02HPmZ7.png

This is how mine looks. You can also use your keyboard but i find it better to use some usb controller  :)

To set the key just click on them on the right side and it will prompt you to click on a key with your keyboard/controller and it will save it.

Finally after all this just click on System > Boot CDVD (full)

9da1b54ce73371c0afab8cb776b48b4d.png

Choose the ISO you just downloaded and voila!  :)  

Screenshot of it working: http://i.imgur.com/WN8oM5A.jpg

I made it that resolution just for the tutorial purposes. I always play it full screen  :ohwell:

Now after all this hopefully everything will work just fine  :wub:  If not I will try to help you find some other plugins which may work on your system.

I never tested this on Linux/Mac but since they have it on their download page i assume it will work just fine.

That's all folks  ;)

i started this ps4 emulator with the bios and clicked on the zip for neopets and it started, but the game wont play.

#16 yoyk3

yoyk3
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 11:38 AM

HI! I'm having the same problem, how did you fix it?

Thanks a lot for this! I never had the chance to play the game, now I can fulfill this wish

Only thing is that my screen is looking really odd, anyone can help?

https://i.imgur.com/6uvB8BX.png

---

nevermind, fixed it

#17 seiraaa

seiraaa
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 07:02 AM

great guide! used to love this game as a kid!

#18 booble

booble
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 01:56 PM

I never played this game, though I heard about it. Maybe I'll give it a go, thanks!

#19 piepope3

piepope3
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 09:11 PM

Hey, I've got the ROM to work but when I try and boot up the ROM it just comes up with a screen of two save drives and a disc option. When I click the disc it just takes me back to the same screen, and when i click the save drives, it only gives me the option to copy or to delete the saved files. Please help!

-------------------------------------

I got it. You have to run it as CDVD(fast) and not CDVD(full).

Edited by piepope3, 30 March 2020 - 09:21 PM.

#20 Artamiel

Artamiel
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 02:24 PM

Geez didn't even know this was a game until it got bumped up on this board...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guide, neopets ps2, darkest faerie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users