• 46 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:11 AM

My pet is always full and I cannot feed him the cupcakes -_- Very upsetting

#152 Bendida

Bendida
  • 354 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:24 AM

@Bendita I appreciate that, but the thing is, I can't edit those posts. It sucks that people aren't putting the pets back, but the amount of information in each spoiler is so big that it doesn't save any changes I make :/

Oh, I see, I didn't know that. I suppose people take the WN pets, so those with the ridiculous names with numbers and dashes and whatever are usually back in the pound and when one doesn't want to click on recaptchas too many times it's better to aim for them :)

#153 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:44 AM

@Bendida you can always post them yourself, I'm sure @Swarley doesn't mind. It would be a huge help, at least until TNT decides to remove the captchas :)

#154 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:47 AM

Oh, I see, I didn't know that. I suppose people take the WN pets, so those with the ridiculous names with numbers and dashes and whatever are usually back in the pound and when one doesn't want to click on recaptchas too many times it's better to aim for them :)

@Bendida you can always post them yourself, I'm sure @Swarley doesn't mind. It would be a huge help, at least until TNT decides to remove the captchas :)

Oh yeah, there's nothing stopping you :p Of course, people would just need to check the last page. I can add a message about it in that last posts (that one my editing works lmao) :)

#155 Bendida

Bendida
  • 354 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:03 AM

OK, sounds good! If I have time I'll try to check some of the forthcoming days.

#156 melathos

melathos
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:10 PM

Great thread, thanks!
Getting cupcakes has become one of my dailies :D

#157 upkeep

upkeep
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:11 PM

Awesome thank you so much ! :) 

#158 gothwing

gothwing
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:56 PM

I knew I wasn't the only person who thought about exploiting this, lol. Before, I would peruse the list of stuck pets on lost.quiggle, go on their pet's petpage, and calculate approximately when their birthday was based on the hours old. (The amusing thing I noticed was that somebody would attach a petpet named *PIP" around the time of the birthday was -- so somebody was doing the same thing I was.)

However, I was usually a couple days off :/ Because of... leap years? How did you calculate it so accurately?

i.e., 1 year = 8760 hours. 2 years old = (8760 x 2) = 17,520 hours. 3 years = (8760 x 3) = 26,280 hours... etc.

So if a pet was 26,121 hours old as noted on their petpage. So 26,280 -  26,121 = 159 hours. 159 hours / 24 hours = 6.625 days away from their next birthday. So I would take note of the date and time I was doing this, May 26th 3pm NST, and add 6.625 days to that. So the pet's birthday would be approximately June 3rd. However, the actual pet's birthday would be, say, June 6th. That being said, I wouldn't be able to verify the exact date of the pet until I adopted it.

Is there a more accurate / efficient / shorter way to calculate this?

#159 Dollars

Dollars
  • 98 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:39 PM

I can't seem to get this working, I adopted a pet who had the birthday theme when I looked him up, but after I adopted him he no longer had the birthday theme and didn't allow me to get a cupcake, am I missing something?

#160 Alyson

Alyson
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:02 AM

I can't seem to get this working, I adopted a pet who had the birthday theme when I looked him up, but after I adopted him he no longer had the birthday theme and didn't allow me to get a cupcake, am I missing something?

Might have just nice passed the timing that the pet turns another day older?

#161 pride

pride
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:10 PM

Might have just nice passed the timing that the pet turns another day older?

Probably this. Seems to be working fine for me.

I'm trying to find pets that seem kinda old as well. I'm missing the battledome veteran avatar. no such luck yet.

if your neopet is too full to eat the cupcake try feeding it a rainbow melt pizza - sets their hunger to very full.

#162 Dollars

Dollars
  • 98 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:07 PM

Okay figured it out, the page I thought was the pet page was 1 click away I was on the "Quick Reference" and had to click "View Lookup". I'm probably the only one who would make such a mistake. This is awesome, honestly going to just do this daily and that will be my pets training for now. getting sick of doing codestones.

Lol, just looked up about 10 pets in april was like "omg does this not work anymore, none of these pets have birthdays!" then remembered what month it is.

#163 diebuster

diebuster
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:05 AM

This is great. Thanks for the cupcakes!

#164 crystalize

crystalize
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:27 AM

Whyyyy are there so many people who's taking pets and leave them on their accs for the whole day? Why can't you just adopt a pet - get a cupcake - abandon the pet?? T_T

#165 cheesecanman

cheesecanman
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:16 AM

Sometimes the double clicking method gives 10/15 hp at a time, other times it only adds 5hp and makes my pet go from fine to very bloated, is there a certain technique to avoid that?

#166 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 05:33 AM

I've been active on neopets for years. Somehow I missed this cupcake perk for a pets birthday? Is there a calculator of when a pet's birthday is? Jellyneo discontinued this. 

#167 saudia

saudia
  • A whole new wooooorld

• 62 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:32 AM

I've been active on neopets for years. Somehow I missed this cupcake perk for a pets birthday? Is there a calculator of when a pet's birthday is? Jellyneo discontinued this. 

I believe you don't need a calculator anymore because on the pet's profile, it states when their birthday is.

#168 crystalize

crystalize
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:37 AM

I believe you don't need a calculator anymore because on the pet's profile, it states when their birthday is.

It doesn't work for pets in the pound :(

#169 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:30 AM

Hmm I guess I didn't know that. I thought it always said how many days old they were. Time to go check :)

#170 cheesecanman

cheesecanman
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:32 AM

Hmm I guess I didn't know that. I thought it always said how many days old they were. Time to go check :)

The pets birthday was deleted off of pound pets to stop the cupcake exploit, as soon as you adopt one you can see their birthday.

#171 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:38 AM

The pets birthday was deleted off of pound pets to stop the cupcake exploit, as soon as you adopt one you can see their birthday.

I was looking at the general overview of pets and not actually clicking on each pet's lookup. One of my pets has a birthday in July :)

#172 Faeling

Faeling
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:24 PM

Thanks for your hard work compiling the birthday pets! As soon as my mummy baby is aged I'm gonna make birthday pets a daily, should save me tone of time and neopoints!

#173 Bendida

Bendida
  • 354 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:11 PM

@Swarley, I checked the pets for today (1st June)

Not in pound (may be returned later):

Anncare

Forreen

GRIFFONDOR395789478G

Kinph

Lionbird1234567890

Rogloo - this is a Pepper Chia, I don't know if those pets are sought after, if they are, maybe it won't be returned to the pound.

Not in pound AND customized (most likely won't be returned):

Muugz

Toulian

I'll check those for tomorrow later and write back.

June 2nd:

-As it's not June 2nd yet, I presume that all those pets are definitively adopted. Only the bold ones are painted/customized but I don't think the chance for the others to be dumped on their birthday is very high :) -

Ammulett_star

Blytus
Myllya
Shu14
Treyih
buzz04
nittany16802
cheekare

Edited by Bendida, 01 June 2016 - 05:12 PM.

#174 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:12 PM

We definitely need to update this database.

#175 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:13 PM

We definitely need to update this database.

Another topic would be needed. There's too much data to be edited, it doesn't save.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users