Spellbreach - Open alpha!

• Please log in to reply
1077 replies to this topic

#1 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:57 PM

Welcome, one and all, to the Spellbreach open alpha!

You can find the site at Spellbreach.com!
And @Coops has made us a thread for general gameplay discussion here, so we can keep this thread to bug reports and the like.

Your old logins, if you played CraftGame, will work. Click that link if you want to look through the thread about the previous iteration.

We're on an entirely new system - no more Amazon WAMP shenanigans, we're on a straight up webserver. However, this means many compatibility issues. I've sorted through the main ones, I think, but there are sure to be plenty more to be found in less busy areas of the site. Remember, if you're the first to report a glitch or bug in this thread, you'll get the Exterminator feat, which awards the "the Exterminator" title.
As before, there are only a few images on the site. A lot of things have placeholders for the time being. Do bear in mind that Spellbreach is very much still a work in progress, but feature suggestions are 100% welcome ^_^

And if anyone with an old account wants to start fresh, feel free to go ahead and make a new account. You can transfer items and whatnot.

(PS, the random exploration feature has a link, but is not yet active. Don't tell me about that :p)
(PPS, please be sensible. The site is not built to be loadtested!)
(PPPS, I do also have a full time job, now, so don't expect updates as speedily as with CG :p)

#2 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:59 PM

What's this game about?

#3 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:00 PM

What's this game about?

http://www.spellbrea...information.php

:p

#4 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:04 PM

I completely forgotten my login. The login name was Shadow or Keil or something. 

Time to make a new account.

#5 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:07 PM

I completely forgotten my login. The login name was Shadow or Keil or something. 

Time to make a new account.

I can find it and reset your password if you'd prefer, but it'd be good to have people playing right through - bug-hunting and whatnot.

#6 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:13 PM

Should put a sentence underneath the password box when registering a new account that states you need 8 characters for your password, instead of finding out after I click register

#7 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:13 PM

I can find it and reset your password if you'd prefer, but it'd be good to have people playing right through - bug-hunting and whatnot.

Nah, don't worry about it. I'll start from the beginning to experience everything all over again story-wise and gameplay wise. The only thing I remember is how stumped I was when it came to the vending machine and the 4 digit number code pass.

Thank you, though :D

#8 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:14 PM

I don't remember my old info, but I had basically nothing anyway, so made a brand new account :D

#9 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:19 PM

Should put a sentence underneath the password box when registering a new account that states you need 8 characters for your password, instead of finding out after I click register

Oh, derp. I noticed that I hadn't got that when I tested registration earlier, and totally forgot to add it. Thanks.

Nah, don't worry about it. I'll start from the beginning to experience everything all over again story-wise and gameplay wise. The only thing I remember is how stumped I was when it came to the vending machine and the 4 digit number code pass.

Thank you, though :D

I'm looking forward to seeing new players reach that :D

#10 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:22 PM

Well shoot, I'm already addicted.

Game has a lot of potential. Looking forward to it's evolution.

Definitely count me in as a fan for life.

Happy to see snake - just can't beat the classics.  Especially enjoyed Run though for some reason.

#11 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:27 PM

Fixed the image problem in Le Salon (thanks @Alexiel!)
The imagegen uses it's own set of database credentials, and I hadn't updated them for the new server. Schwoops.

#12 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:32 PM

I love the forum posts. Great content, Joe!

#13 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:34 PM

I love the forum posts. Great content, Joe!

Heh, I know right! There was some other stuff there, but I guess is got lost in the server migration =/ I remember for sure that nitro had posted some stuff.

#14 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:44 PM

Featured character : A very naked Elindoril haha.

#15 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:53 PM

Featured character : A very naked Elindoril haha.

And he'll stay there :p Daily news update is not yet working :p

#16 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:55 PM

How do we sell the loot we get? (The information page says we can)

Oh, the Warehouse. I didn't read the part where she says she only trades in quantities of ten :p

#17 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:14 PM

How do we sell the loot we get? (The information page says we can)

Oh, the Warehouse. I didn't read the part where she says she only trades in quantities of ten :p

Yeah, and it's only mob drops. Anything you can buy from a store cannot be sold right now.

#18 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:18 PM

Yeah, and it's only mob drops. Anything you can buy from a store cannot be sold right now.

I realized that after making 10 Wooden Planks xD

#19 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:20 PM

I realized that after making 10 Wooden Planks xD

Well, it's all a learning experience :p

Any bugs/errors so far?

#20 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:07 PM

Well, it's all a learning experience :p

Any bugs/errors so far?

Indeed!

Not yet, at least I didn't notice any.

Another question: when we craft an elemental signet, can it gives different results, like the ooni tea?

When trashing all items, you should add a confirmation window or something. I just accidentally trashed 46 items.

#21 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:35 PM

And he'll stay there :p Daily news update is not yet working :p

The black bar positioning isn't doing anything for my pride.

Either my genitals are sideways, or very tiny.

#22 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:49 PM

Another problem (sorry xD), I was in the Dojo page, and I had to wait just one more minute, so I refreshed after it was over. Now it says

However, I have nothing more that I can teach you right now. You are not yet ready."

Return in 23 hours and 59 minutes.

Is that because I refreshed on that page?

UPDATE

One hour later, it got back to normal. But now, everytime I check the page, the time goes back. A while ago it said to wait 2 minutes, now it says 10 minutes.

I keep getting the skipping room error, even thought I'm just clicking the continue button... And sometimes I don't get the items it said I got (as in it says after I kill the monster, but when I complete the adventure, it says I got nothing - only happened when I got the skipping error so far).

#23 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:56 PM

Cool for just starting out. :D

#24 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:04 PM

50% catch rate my ars  <_< :p

#25 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:41 AM

I feel like the buttons should be larger, and in a set place. This would make playing on a phone easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users