4627e7d714ce521fe6869f553ff4445a.png

Hehehe

#102 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:25 PM

Thanks @rei. I'll update the guide when I can. Between bad weather and having exams this weekend, I've not had much of a chance. Sorry guys! :c

#103 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:44 PM

4627e7d714ce521fe6869f553ff4445a.png

Hehehe

So hardcore xD

Also, @Coops, there are currently 22 feats in the game. Just for reference :D

#104 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:45 PM

So hardcore xD

I like to live dangerously :cool:

#105 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:57 PM

So hardcore xD

Also, @Coops, there are currently 22 feats in the game. Just for reference :D

Thanks! That helps a lot actually, so I can figure out which I have and don't have hah. It will help when I update that section of the guide.

#106 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:24 PM

@Kord There is a guide

Ok smart people, I keep getting this message but there doesn't seem to be anything to do about it.  Someone give me a hint or flat out tell me.  I keep going through the forest, hoping this is where I need to kill 100 trees but I'm going to be upset if I go through this endlessly only to find out I needed to do something obscure before I kill the 100.

You have made it further into the forest. There is, uh, nothing here.
Although, on second thought, your Basic Elemental Signet seems to be reacting to something... Oh well.

#107 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:29 PM

@Kord There is a guide

Ok smart people, I keep getting this message but there doesn't seem to be anything to do about it.  Someone give me a hint or flat out tell me.  I keep going through the forest, hoping this is where I need to kill 100 trees but I'm going to be upset if I go through this endlessly only to find out I needed to do something obscure before I kill the 100.

You have made it further into the forest. There is, uh, nothing here.
Although, on second thought, your Basic Elemental Signet seems to be reacting to something... Oh well.

@Chameleon The basic elemental signet isn't strong enough to detect the door. You need to craft a better one or loot a better one from a monster in the Yellow Forest.

#108 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:31 PM

@Coops ooooooh!  Okies then!  Thanks so much!

#109 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:37 PM

@Coops ooooooh!  Okies then!  Thanks so much!

No problem! I'll add that into the guide.

Note to self:

1. add mercenary quests
  2. add information on crafting hours (check the guide for this)
  3. add information on elemental rings
  4. add information on hidden dungeon areas
  5. ??? I'm sure there was something else

Edited by Coops, 06 October 2015 - 09:12 PM.

#110 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:59 PM

New question, if I die (to find that fountain) do I lose everything not in my storage?

#111 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:05 PM

New question, if I die (to find that fountain) do I lose everything not in my storage?

No @Chameleon. Dying you only lose experience (UNLESS you're doing "unexplored" territory, I think you lose shit for dying out there). You need to die once to find the fountain of life. Just go to Yellow Forest and die by a bird or something, then you get an event where you get the map piece for the fountain.

#112 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:11 PM

Thank you again @Coops and thanks for approving my friend request.  I've now died and gone to the fountain.  Yay!  Onward and upward to make money to buy that yellow wood map.

#113 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:16 PM

Thank you again @Coops and thanks for approving my friend request.  I've now died and gone to the fountain.  Yay!  Onward and upward to make money to buy that yellow wood map.

@Chameleon No problem! :3 I have some stuff I'ma send you.

#114 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:25 PM

@Chameleon No problem! :3 I have some stuff I'ma send you.

@Coops OOOOOOOOH!!!!  Thank you thank you thank you!  I definitely feel upgraded from my wooden sword!  

#115 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:32 PM

@Coops OOOOOOOOH!!!!  Thank you thank you thank you!  I definitely feel upgraded from my wooden sword!  

Hahah, yeah it makes all the difference.

#116 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2015 - 03:08 AM

@Chameleon The basic elemental signet isn't strong enough to detect the door. You need to craft a better one or loot a better one from a monster in the Yellow Forest.

The basic signet can detect magic, but not reveal magic :) That's the difference there.

If you die in a dungeon, you'll lose everything you found on that adventure. Your inventory, battle pack and storage are all safe.

No @Chameleon(UNLESS you're doing "unexplored" territory, I think you lose shit for dying out there).

Yup, losing to a thief/rogue/bandit etc will cost you money. Exploring can be a risky business!
Your items are totally safe when exploring.

There will be negative happenstances that can affect your inventory, but the battle pack and storage are always going to be secure.

#117 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:54 AM

Thank you for the in-depth answers @Sweeney and the freaking addictive game.

My internet was absolute crap last night and couldn't get anything to load... except this game for quite awhile.  So awesome light coding!

And finally yet another question for anyone, how do we get more recipes???  All my guesses have been fails, and I need a better shield!

#118 rei

rei
  • 119 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:46 AM

And finally yet another question for anyone, how do we get more recipes???  All my guesses have been fails, and I need a better shield!

You unlock recipes as you level up. :)

#119 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:45 AM

My internet was absolute crap last night and couldn't get anything to load... except this game for quite awhile. So awesome light coding!

Yeah, all the burden is on the server - there's next to no client-side scripting at all. In fact, the only thing that is client side is page redirects ^_^

You unlock recipes as you level up. :)

For now... ;) And you can make recipes that are above your level, but there is a greater time cost, and a risk of failure if you try ^_^

#120 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:00 AM

Bleh.  That's discouraging.  I'm level 8 and can still only make a wooden sword.

#121 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:55 AM

Bleh. That's discouraging. I'm level 8 and can still only make a wooden sword.

Recipe options are admittedly kind of limited at the moment. We'll improve the crafting progression as we learn more about how it needs to go. Downside of having noobs for developers, I'm afraid :p

#122 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:59 AM

Recipe options are admittedly kind of limited at the moment. We'll improve the crafting progression as we learn more about how it needs to go. Downside of having noobs for developers, I'm afraid :p

I think you mentioned a Crossbow in that list of items without images... If I'm not imagining things, is that craftable?

#123 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:02 AM

Oh ok.  Just hit 9 and still no new recipes, so yeah, I was coming to ask you to look and see if there was a problem.  I know if Coops hadn't sent me a sword I'd have given up by now with only a wooden one.

If someone could give me a recipe for a decent ring that detects magic so I can find whatevers in the woods I'd really appreciate it.

These are the recipes I have:

Unlocked Recipes

Element Beads
Elemental Signet
Ooni Tea
Plank Shield
Reclaimed Iron Ingot
Scat Sculpture
Smelted Copper Ingot
Smelted Iron Ingot
Wooden Plank
Wooden Sword

#124 rei

rei
  • 119 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:15 AM

Oh ok.  Just hit 9 and still no new recipes, so yeah, I was coming to ask you to look and see if there was a problem.  I know if Coops hadn't sent me a sword I'd have given up by now with only a wooden one.

If someone could give me a recipe for a decent ring that detects magic so I can find whatevers in the woods I'd really appreciate it.

These are the recipes I have:

Unlocked Recipes

Element Beads
Elemental Signet
Ooni Tea
Plank Shield
Reclaimed Iron Ingot
Scat Sculpture
Smelted Copper Ingot
Smelted Iron Ingot
Wooden Plank
Wooden Sword

Wait till you hit level 10 for weapon recipes. And for the ring use the Elemental Signet recipe, only sometimes you get the Basic one (can't reveal magic) and sometimes you get the Shiny one (can reveal magic).

#125 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:28 AM

Wait till you hit level 10 for weapon recipes. And for the ring use the Elemental Signet recipe, only sometimes you get the Basic one (can't reveal magic) and sometimes you get the Shiny one (can reveal magic).

oooh oooh oooh!  It didn't occur to me that there'd be two different outcomes, even though it should have with the teas.  Thanks so much for answering all my silly questions rei!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users