• Please log in to reply
1070 replies to this topic

#1051 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:26 AM

I'm shamelessly re-reading this thread. I'm having way too much fun with it.

#1052 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 05:03 PM

Yeah, at the moment JS seems quite involved in running pretty much back-to-back minievents to keep people on the site. AC, CC, GMC, Negg Festival, DD... which I assume is because they know that limited time events bring all the players online. So I'd be very surprised if they didn't run CC this year, especially as they've already got the code, it'd be a small amount of work for a big win on their side.

I wouldn't expect it until the latter half of the year though. We've got AC first though, for sure.

#1053 yeahneocodex

yeahneocodex
  • 98 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:29 AM

So, any suggestion of items I should hoard ? :p

#1054 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:03 AM

So, any suggestion of items I should hoard ? :p

I was wondering the same thing :p

#1055 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:20 PM

Some people suggested weapons, furniture and instruments. At this point no one knows what will be asked so...stock up on random items I guess :p

#1056 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:22 PM

Now grooming is the what everyone is talking about. I'll be damned if it's a category I'm not hoarding.

#1057 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:24 PM

Grooming? Hm. How many grooming items are realeased with dailies? O.o

#1058 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:28 PM

Grooming? Hm. How many grooming items are realeased with dailies? O.o

None that I know of. But it doesn't have to be item from dailies, it just needs to be junk and grooming are the junk AF.

Anyway, for me forniture makes the most sense.

#1059 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:34 PM

@Copycat but that's the thing. So far TNT went with items that are awarded in dailies, thus creating massive piles of junk in our sdb. Grooming is useless, but it's not handed freely and ppl only buy it for quests. But...well, it's TNT. We never know :p

#1060 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:43 PM

I hope you're right because the cheapest grooming item r90 is 4k and I can't afford hoarding it. lol

#1061 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:47 PM

@Copycat *fingers crossed* D:

#1062 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:59 PM

So they ask for a specific category of item?

#1063 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:01 PM

So they ask for a specific category of item?

Yep. 2014 was toys. 2015 was school supplies and books.

#1064 kanade

kanade
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:29 PM

I doubt it's going to be weapons, because I cannot imagine a way they would wrap Charity Corner around it. Unless they turn Granny into terminator and try to raise an army to fight her, I can't imagine how else that would work

#1065 kbexx

kbexx
  • 45 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:15 PM

I doubt it's going to be weapons, because I cannot imagine a way they would wrap Charity Corner around it. Unless they turn Granny into terminator and try to raise an army to fight her, I can't imagine how else that would work

I've been speculating with people about this on reddit and we all think that weapons is the most suitable, since people want to donate high rarity for best chances of good prizes, and BD has the most high rarity items at relatively low values. Food has gourmet and not too many at lower prices. Neohome/garden would fit, but very few items comparatively. While battledome fits best and would probably get the most items out of the circulation, you're right, the narrative would be tricky.

There are a few ideas I've seen:

• Weapons buyback type thing. Would be fairly easy, but it could be considered too controversial/political? Idk, I'm not from the US and we've had weapons buybacks here that were very successful, but I can see why it may not go over well in the US.
  • Work it into a potential war/plot. We've seen JS are trying to have events constantly running. We haven't really had no event since January? We have AC soon, then what? Nothing until CC, unless there is a plot or project X comes up. There have been lots of theories that project X will have something to do with a new land as well as a game, so maybe a war will be involved? If there was a war, we'd be helping the war effort by donating weapons to help soldiers or something. 
  • JS don't bother trying to fit it into the narrative of charity that much and just go with BD stuff.

It'll be interesting. I know that I'm hoping for BD, since that is what I have hoarded the most of so far.

#1066 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:17 PM

How wrap Charity Corner around weapons? Easy. This year we are going on a truce, no more war, donate your weapons so we can live in peace. BD is the most plausible choise for this year, they'll find a way to get around this fact and make it work out.

#1067 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:19 PM

How wrap Charity Corner around weapons? Easy. This year we are going on a truce, no more war, donate your weapons so we can live in peace. BD is the most plausible choise for this year, they'll find a way to get around this fact and make it work out.

No more war? So the skirmish battles would be canceled while Charity Corner runs to fit with the story of why Granny wants weapons (because we're at peace)?

#1068 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:23 PM

No more war? So the skirmish battles would be canceled while Charity Corner runs to fit with the story of why Granny wants weapons (because we're at peace)?

If TNT actually care about making sense, yes. I doubt though, they will just throw any story that fits in and may it be.

To suspend Skirmish Battles they should at least notice it is still going on, they probably don't.

#1069 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:25 PM

If TNT actually care about making sense, yes. I doubt though, they will just throw any story that fits in and may it be.

To suspend Skirmish Battles they should at least notice it is still going on, they probably don't.

I think they'd piss off too much of their userbase if they stopped the skirmish battles, so if they do weapons, those will probably stay. Maybe Granny could stockpile weapons to give to the poor neopets so they can participate in the battles like the rich ones do? 

#1070 kbexx

kbexx
  • 45 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:27 PM

Ooh I hadn't even thought of that. They might even stop the skirmishes all together? Like you said, it  is the most plausible. 

Though it's in my best interest for it to be BD stuff since I've only been hoarding that stuff. Even if it wasn't plausible, I'd probably be trying to convince myself

ETA:  I like what kyloren said about letting poor neopets participating by donating. That works too.

Edited by kbexx, 26 May 2016 - 05:28 PM.

#1071 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:29 PM

I think they'd piss off too much of their userbase if they stopped the skirmish battles, so if they do weapons, those will probably stay. Maybe Granny could stockpile weapons to give to the poor neopets so they can participate in the battles like the rich ones do? 

I can't see the Granny dressed like Madonna with weapons going out her tits. :( I think TNT will find a way, though!

Anyway, I'm hoarding fornitures, because I can totally see the "the poor neopets finally got their homes but we need you to give them fornitures" bullshit.

Edited by Rogue, 26 May 2016 - 05:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users