• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:23 AM

We have threads for good things that happen to you throughout the day and bad things that happen to you throughout the day... but we do not have awkward.

Tell me your daily awkward moments. Awkward for other people, awkward for you, etc. 

I'll start: When I was walking out of Tesco after paying and the alarm went off. Everyone looked at me like I was a thief until the guy gave me a thumbs up. 

#2 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:25 AM

I was trying to get a newbie pack on Kaylune and I broke the whole page and didn't know how to fix it right away so I just took my newbie pack and left the thread broken. 

#3 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:52 AM

I was going to kiss this old lady on the cheek (first time I met her (that's how we greet everyone here, in case someone asks)) and my mouth went the same way as her face, so I almost kissed her mouth.

Ugh.

#4 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:06 AM

I'll start: When I was walking out of Tesco after paying and the alarm went off. Everyone looked at me like I was a thief until the guy gave me a thumbs up. 

That happened to me once, and the cashier lady (about the age of 18) had to check my bag to ensure the contents matched my receipt -- I had two boxes of condoms in the bag. She instantly blushed and gave me the a-o.k.

EDIT: Just noticed that this is a thread for stuff that happened today. Oh well!!

#5 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2015 - 01:01 PM

That happened to me once, and the cashier lady (about the age of 18) had to check my bag to ensure the contents matched my receipt -- I had to boxes of condoms in the bag. She instantly blushed and gave me the a-o.k.

EDIT: Just noticed that this is a thread for stuff that happened today. Oh well!!

@Adam We'll let that slide cuz your anecdote was hilarious. xD

I ignored a friend for a few hours so I could study because she's annoying and never says anything of substance. I feel that may have made things super awkward for us. Oh well. 

#6 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:53 PM

I went to my girlfriend's. She still lives with her parents. They were supposed to be out until night. They showed up way earlier and had no clue that I had gone there. They caught us minutes after sex, hopefully we were both fully dressed but the situation was pretty obvious. Awkward

Edited by Scavi, 27 September 2015 - 06:25 PM.

#7 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:17 PM

Feel asleep on the bus and almost missed my stop for work.

This happens every morning btw.

#8 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:20 AM

walked into a laundry shop and there was a girl taking selfies while making duck faces. as soon as she saw me, she dropped her phone, embarassed. O_o

#9 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:35 PM

I was at the mall with my mom today, and while she was looking at some jewelry, I saw a group of young boys and girls. One of the girls walked in my direction and stood right next to me for a couple seconds. I didn't want to look at her, because that would make it even more awkward, but she got away. Then she comes back, looks at me for about a second and goes away.

The shop lady said the girl tried to touch me, but she ran away after the lady looked at her.

#10 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:04 PM

I was talking to @Mom on Facetime outside, and some guy thought I was talking to him. 

#11 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:58 PM

turned on my grindr app in the library because i wanted to take a break from studying for a minute. based on the app, there was this decent-looking guy a couple hundred feet from me so i messaged him for a little chat. the conversation went smoothly until suddenly he asked me where i was and i simply answered i was in the library. "which floor?" he asked and i answered, "third floor". soon after that, i changed the subject by asking other stuff but he stopped replying me.

i checked the distance between us and it started to get narrower and narrower. 200ft, 100ft, 50ft... me being me- started to freak out and turned off the app. i packed my stuff real quick and ran to the nearest exit.

#12 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:39 AM

turned on my grindr app in the library because i wanted to take a break from studying for a minute. based on the app, there was this decent-looking guy a couple hundred feet from me so i messaged him for a little chat. the conversation went smoothly until suddenly he asked me where i was and i simply answered i was in the library. "which floor?" he asked and i answered, "third floor". soon after that, i changed the subject by asking other stuff but he stopped replying me.

i checked the distance between us and it started to get narrower and narrower. 200ft, 100ft, 50ft... me being me- started to freak out and turned off the app. i packed my stuff real quick and ran to the nearest exit.

Congrats on not getting raped!

Edited by HiMyNameIsNick, 05 October 2015 - 11:42 AM.

#13 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:17 PM

This guy and I have been talking at the bar for a couple of weeks now, and last night was my last day at work, and I thought we were really hitting it off, so I gave him my number.. Never heard from him.. And all my ex-coworkers know about it..

#14 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:27 PM

It was throwback Thursday at work for customer service appreciation week so I wore a dress and went all Sandra D Barbie and was scratching my thigh under the dress when my supervisor came up and scared the shit out of me to take a picture.

#15 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:41 AM

A group of coworkers actively talk about me behind my back, not bad, but they keep trying to get me to go out with random guys. Like they are actively looking for people for me to date because they think my cats need a dad.

leave me alonneeeeeee

and just now a coworker in another state in another office called and just meowed at me -_-

#16 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:11 AM

I decided to check my old snapchat account, and decided to see the stories. One of them was from a girl who was my crush a long time ago.

Apparently she made some plastic surgeries (it's the only explanation I can think of), and her nose looks weird. Also, her upper lip is a lot thinner, it was beautiful before.

I'm glad I found out through snapchat, it felt awkward enough. If it was in person...

#17 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2015 - 12:59 AM

I'm having a very peculiar afternoon. Somebody wrote up a TV Tropes page for some media I work on full of extremely specific details that they could only have known if they stalked me and my circle of friends for a very long time or were one of my friends... except it was written by a new user using the name of a character I use as an avatar on numerous sites, which I don't think any of my friends would do. That weirded me out enough that I took a break from the internet. But as soon as I came back online I got a message from a super creepy guy I know IRL who I have been avoiding for many years.

Now to awkwardly ignore both of those things on all my public profiles, wheeeee

Edited by jaredyne, 12 October 2015 - 01:00 AM.

#18 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:31 PM

My mother keeps annoying me that I need to meet someone so I can be happy...

#19 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:08 PM

came to class at 8am and nobody was there. my lecturer came 5 minutes later and she was like, "where's everybody at?" and i said idk. she said she's gonna wait for a few minutes before she started the lecture and during that time we were both pretending to read messages on our phones lol.

#20 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:47 AM

I confessed to a friend I had a sex dream about them last night, and it just got super awkward and embarrassing.

#21 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:51 AM

Well we had a shit work day ahead of us. The boss put 3 of us into stock breakdown and because there wasn't much room it was all sorts of awkward. Bumping into each other etc. Almost face bumping at times. Luckily the awkwardness was too much and we came up with a better way to break the stock down haha. Its worse when you realize I'm the only Male apart from my Boss in the Night Fill team until later in the night. 

#22 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:31 AM

So today was the last stage to be free from the army. I had to go to the same place, but this time we waited in the rain, and after we got inside we had to wait for an hour to start the thing. But that's not the awkward part.

There was a guy checking me out the whole time. He turned his head all the time and stared at me, then looked away when I looked at him. I felt really uncomfortable because I'm not used to people checking me out, let alone other guys. But I'm not gonna lie, it boosted my ego :p

#23 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:47 AM

I was looking at my pedometer app on my phone, pressed something, and the app yelled WELCOME TO PACER'S WALKING FOR FAT BURNING during class. 

#24 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:02 AM

I was sitting in my chair with my legs crisscrossed and when I went to get up my right leg fell asleep and I kinda almost fell and people saw/heard and are now laughing at me.

#25 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:32 PM

This creepy guy at work keeps hitting on me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users