108 replies to this topic

#76 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:57 PM

What would be your best educated guess?

Not going to speculate, because I barely play Neo anymore anyway. 

#77 animean

animean
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:53 AM

Do stocks ever get cleared out? I logged in after several years and all of my thousands of stocks are gone. Just wondering if that's normal or if my account was compromised or something?

Most likely compromised.

Stocks don't clear out after any interval of time.

There's some stocks that'll go "bankrupt" and the values will be zero permanently. But stocks don't disappear after any amount of time.

#78 Doodles

Doodles
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 05:49 PM

Most likely compromised.

Stocks don't clear out after any interval of time.

There's some stocks that'll go "bankrupt" and the values will be zero permanently. But stocks don't disappear after any amount of time.

I don't think I've seen a stock go bankrupt in years, though. Do they still even have that feature?

I also wanted to put my two cents in for coconut shy. I've played it legit many times just for the fun of seeing that evil quiggle get his comeuppance when I win, and usually I win about once a month. 

#79 joey1990

joey1990
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:27 PM

nvm, figured it out, I am an idiot

Edited by joey1990, 28 July 2018 - 05:35 PM.

#80 Perdita

Perdita
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:01 AM

I read on the Neoboards and on petpages that if a flash game score gets reviewed and isn't accepted that you are not notified. It seems like this happened to me twice (with a young account, less than half a year old). Do they not freeze anymore?

#81 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:36 AM

I read on the Neoboards and on petpages that if a flash game score gets reviewed and isn't accepted that you are not notified. It seems like this happened to me twice (with a young account, less than half a year old). Do they not freeze anymore?

You have to be really blatant to get frozen. Sometimes they just reject legit scores for no reason, happens to me all the time on TROTRODS (but that game has a super buggy scoresend)

#82 Perdita

Perdita
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:52 AM

Ah, I see, thank you! That's weird that they reject scores without freezing the player for cheating. I only recently returned to Neopets, but "back in my days" it was a lot easier to get frozen.

#83 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:15 AM

Ah, I see, thank you! That's weird that they reject scores without freezing the player for cheating. I only recently returned to Neopets, but "back in my days" it was a lot easier to get frozen.

I know with at least one game, no score 5k or above is ever accepted. I think it's Eilv Thade. 

#84 kia512

kia512
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:03 PM

does abrosia scheduler still work? I think it reflects TNT times right? Once I tried my own system clock, nope. i *think* i got it to work once, but about few days back i tried it and it didn't work, just said waiting for scheduled time and never worked bleh

oh and has anyone ever gotten anything from symol hole? After like maybe 2 years I managed to get the avie on 2 accounts, but that's it. i've never seen a single item from there appear before

#85 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:26 PM

does abrosia scheduler still work? I think it reflects TNT times right? Once I tried my own system clock, nope. i *think* i got it to work once, but about few days back i tried it and it didn't work, just said waiting for scheduled time and never worked bleh

oh and has anyone ever gotten anything from symol hole? After like maybe 2 years I managed to get the avie on 2 accounts, but that's it. i've never seen a single item from there appear before

It should still work fine. If your computer is going into sleep, that may be the issue. When I used the scheduler, the computer needed to be awake to run it. It's like trying to run chrome in sleep mode without waking the computer. You can't. 

Honestly, with symol hole I just got the avvie and said "done'. 

#86 Perdita

Perdita
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:31 PM

Abrosia's schedule works with my system clock on my computer. I sometimes mess up the settings by not paying attention to am and pm, but when I get it right it's very reliable.

I am also annoyed by the symol hole.

#87 kia512

kia512
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:41 AM

getting confused if the scheduler should follow my system local time or TNT's time, I remember clearly the most recent time I tried, i set it 1 min after the current time, sat in front of the computer and stared for the 1min and it didnt work D: then I tried again with the TNT time, didn't respond either sigh.

lol i remember I got super worried at first when TNT trolled me and said my petpet looks different, googled like mad and turns out issa lie, best i got was about 100+ nps that's it :/

#88 Perdita

Perdita
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:16 AM

That's weird that your scheduler doesn't work that way. Mine definitely operates with my system's time. The logs also show my local time - do yours too? If not, that could maybe be a clue as to why it's not working?

#89 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:02 PM

getting confused if the scheduler should follow my system local time or TNT's time, I remember clearly the most recent time I tried, i set it 1 min after the current time, sat in front of the computer and stared for the 1min and it didnt work D: then I tried again with the TNT time, didn't respond either sigh.

lol i remember I got super worried at first when TNT trolled me and said my petpet looks different, googled like mad and turns out issa lie, best i got was about 100+ nps that's it :/

The scheduler operates in your time. If it's having an issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling the manager completely to get a fresh copy. 

#90 Hush

Hush
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:05 AM

This is probably not the place to ask, but I've been browsing for a while and I can't find my answer lol. Blame my poor searching skills, anyway. Years ago when I first joined this website you could get advanced membership by reaching x amount of posts (I believe it was 500 or so), is this still in place or is this no longer a thing?

#91 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:29 AM

This is probably not the place to ask, but I've been browsing for a while and I can't find my answer lol. Blame my poor searching skills, anyway. Years ago when I first joined this website you could get advanced membership by reaching x amount of posts (I believe it was 500 or so), is this still in place or is this no longer a thing?

No, it was removed due to people constantly spamming for adv+. Advanced+ is now only given as a vote in. Someone nominates you, we vote, and if enough say yes you're in. 500 posts is still a good guideline to use though.

#92 Hush

Hush
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:04 AM

No, it was removed due to people constantly spamming for adv+. Advanced+ is now only given as a vote in. Someone nominates you, we vote, and if enough say yes you're in. 500 posts is still a good guideline to use though.

Oh I see, good to know! Thanks :)

#93 Perdita

Perdita
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:11 AM

How can I update the prices in the database for items under 100k np? I know that they're supposed to be priced automatically but there are quite some items that have been priced wrong for at least months now. Can I fix this manually?

Edit: More questions about the database. I "reported" the price of Siyana Doll recently (with the report button) but it hasn't changed yet. I also submitted items and not all of them are in the database yet. Why is that?

Edited by Perdita, 08 November 2018 - 11:13 AM.

#94 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:37 PM

How can I update the prices in the database for items under 100k np? I know that they're supposed to be priced automatically but there are quite some items that have been priced wrong for at least months now. Can I fix this manually?

Edit: More questions about the database. I "reported" the price of Siyana Doll recently (with the report button) but it hasn't changed yet. I also submitted items and not all of them are in the database yet. Why is that?

You can't. Anything under 100k is auto updated. The prices are not the lowest an item will sell for, so they may sometimes be off. 

Only UB's can be updated, and those can only be updated by members with 500+ non spam posts. If you'd like to submit a UB price you can do so here:

http://www.neocodex....vanced-members/

And someone with 500+ posts will check to see if it's accurate and update it. 

A report doesn't auto change the price. We need evidence to change a price, and only UB's can be manually updated like that.

Only mods I believe have access to the database report system, so we have to manually approve everything. That's not automated. 

#95 Perdita

Perdita
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 04:03 AM

Would it be possible to add a report function for items under 100k? For example, Count Cross Buns go for more than 10k according to the database, but I don't think anyone can sell them for more than 2k or 3. This leads to Abrosia prioritzing these over items that sell for a higher profit. There are more examples like this and I think some of them have already been discussed in this forum. We could add a "report" or "change price" button like they have in the Jellyneo Database and a mod or authorized users could verify the price and change it or not.

I understand that reports are changed manually. Did I understand you correctly in that the current system is working; if I report the price of an UB with the report button, a mod will look into it? If so, I wouldn't need to post in the thread?

#96 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:34 AM

Would it be possible to add a report function for items under 100k? For example, Count Cross Buns go for more than 10k according to the database, but I don't think anyone can sell them for more than 2k or 3. This leads to Abrosia prioritzing these over items that sell for a higher profit. There are more examples like this and I think some of them have already been discussed in this forum. We could add a "report" or "change price" button like they have in the Jellyneo Database and a mod or authorized users could verify the price and change it or not.

I understand that reports are changed manually. Did I understand you correctly in that the current system is working; if I report the price of an UB with the report button, a mod will look into it? If so, I wouldn't need to post in the thread?

The thing is with buyable items, the price can change very quickly, subject to ups and downs and TNT's actions (if they decide to make that item needed for quests or such). That's why the system is automated, otherwise we'd have to be constantly checking every single item manually. It may be possible to add a remove outliers into it, that way if it finds a price over 10k, but most prices are in the 2-3 range  it does that instead. (I'm unsure if it does that already). Prices in the database aren't the lowest an item will sell for, as it doesn't have SSW access so there's no way for it to find those. 

The thread is used for items above 100k that can be changed manually by people with over 500 posts, there is no reason to use the report function for that as they can be changed by people who aren't mods. If you report it, only a mod can change that (since only we can see the report), and I don't know how often we really check. The thread is faster. The report function is more for missing items. 

#97 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:46 AM

I'm actually leaning towards Perdita's side.

It has been a full month and the buyable for the Brain Tree quests has been inconsistently wrong. Marzipan Mortogs and Count Cross Buns have not changed value since the release of the avatar because of so many loopholes like not enough people pricing them ie dying game. I know I've been selling these two specific items all month with price ranges of 1.5-2.5K neopoints and it's frustrating that none of my inputs for those two items have been updating the database--even after I made over 50m neopoints purely through user shops from people trying to get the avatar. Is this because the item database uses Abrosia shop pricing instead of Neon?

Looking at the item database now, it seems that none of the haunted foods were updated since September which is full bullshit. A month should be more than enough to update prices.

#98 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:28 AM

I know that when Abrosia is running, it's updating prices in the background. I'm unsure if it uses Neon.

But I do agree that it should be using both. The only issue with neon I can see depends on how a user has it set, if they're using an average/lowest/ect and the rest of the settings, as those help Neon determine what price to put in for the item in their shop.

Neon will also need to be updated for prices above 100k, as it currently isn't. 

Though since it does have to search to find the price, it could update from the searches it conducts there, and not from what it ends up setting the price at in the users shop to deal with the settings stuff. 

#99 programmer

programmer
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 06:31 PM

Chain freeze:

When TNT freezes one account for cheating, will they freeze all accounts on the same IP? What if they do not engage with each other?

#100 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2018 - 08:37 AM

Chain freeze:

When TNT freezes one account for cheating, will they freeze all accounts on the same IP? What if they do not engage with each other?

A chain freeze does not always mean an IP ban. Really, the only way to tell if you've been IP banned is to make accounts on the IP that had the chain freeze and see if they get banned really quick. If they do, you're most likely IP banned. 

Really, accounts  shouldn't be interacting with each other if you want to be the safest you can. Some people do have multiples that interact, but they're on proxies/VPN's so the IP isn't linked.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: neopets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users