Quick and Easy Neopets Questions!

neopets

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#101 programmer

programmer
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 09:04 AM

A chain freeze does not always mean an IP ban. Really, the only way to tell if you've been IP banned is to make accounts on the IP that had the chain freeze and see if they get banned really quick. If they do, you're most likely IP banned. 

Really, accounts  shouldn't be interacting with each other if you want to be the safest you can. Some people do have multiples that interact, but they're on proxies/VPN's so the IP isn't linked.

What I mean is, when a chain freeze happens is it that everybody on the IP gets frozen? Thanks for your answer.

#102 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2018 - 10:43 AM

What I mean is, when a chain freeze happens is it that everybody on the IP gets frozen? Thanks for your answer.

I don't believe so.  Usually a chain freeze, freezes accounts that have been interacting with each other. If everyone on an IP gets frozen, that's more like an IP based ban rather than freezing interacting accounts. 

#103 Nitrous

Nitrous
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 12:50 PM

I have a really old main account that I've been playing on for the past few weeks. What's the risk if I want to buy like 2mil worth of NP for the account? Should I be worried?

#104 panther1

panther1
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:44 PM

Anyone ever noticed how pets are created named after your account?   Is this TNT?   I have plenty of accounts that were iced and have a Gelert named after my account, a Lupe, a Shoyru..     Most of them are Gelerts.     Anyone else noticed this?     Im wondering if it's a code they use as reminders why the accounts were iced or used to flag suspicious accounts etc

#105 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:54 AM

Anyone ever noticed how pets are created named after your account?   Is this TNT?   I have plenty of accounts that were iced and have a Gelert named after my account, a Lupe, a Shoyru..     Most of them are Gelerts.     Anyone else noticed this?     Im wondering if it's a code they use as reminders why the accounts were iced or used to flag suspicious accounts etc

I just recently bought a shell with a name matching account name & pet gelert, created the same day as the account. I wrote the matching names off to the original account creator being 9 years old with not a lot of creativity.

However, I think you have an interesting question. I've read TNT can remove/return transferred pets, and even modify pets that were GUP'ped or converted back to another species or color, even unconverted. Do I believe TNT could create a pet and modify the creation date - sure, they seem to have that ability.

I'm not sure what kind of system they would have though, especially seeing as they seem rather overwhelmed as it is.

#106 thefinisher

thefinisher
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 11:06 AM

is zapping normal pets to desirable combos and trading up still a viable strategy ?

#107 n30

n30
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 04:04 PM

is zapping normal pets to desirable combos and trading up still a viable strategy ?

i assume by trading up you mean trading into UC's?

if you're just looking for other converted pets, yeah, you'll find a lot of interest there.

trading into UC's, the color is largely irrelevant bc there aren't a lot of colors that have extremely high value nowadays, even expensive pb colors and lab exclusives don't trade on their own for UC's

it's a combination of 3L/4L/RN/RW and high BD stats plus a desirable color/species combo that can get you into UC trading

but like i said if you just wanna trade your cool colored draik for a cool colored krawk yeah you can absolutely do that

#108 yesnt

yesnt
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 09:02 AM

How long does everyone tend to sit on their AB'd (or otherwise ill-gotten) items before doing anything with them? I guess it makes sense to let the heat die down but also I'm impatient haha. I guess it probably depends on value too?

#109 NikkiCantComeToThePhoneRN

NikkiCantComeToThePhoneRN
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 11:20 AM

How long does everyone tend to sit on their AB'd (or otherwise ill-gotten) items before doing anything with them? I guess it makes sense to let the heat die down but also I'm impatient haha. I guess it probably depends on value too?

Sorry for the late replyl, but sometimes I'll get something in the first 5 minutes, other times I won't get anything for an hour and I end up with a ban before getting anything. It really depends on the day. I've tried seeing if some times during the day are better than others, but for me it seems to be completely random.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: neopets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users