• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:11 PM

Thanksgiving is this weekend in Canada and next month in the U.S.A!!

I know not everyone celebrates Thanksgiving but you can always answer any questions you have an answer to also :) 

1. What is your favourite Thanksgiving tradition?

2. What do you dread about Thanksgiving?

3. Favourite food item?

4. Favourite dessert?

5. Canned cranberry sauce or freshly made?

6. What are you thankful for?

giphy.gif

(Coming up next: Halloween questionnaire!!! :D)

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:12 PM

Spellbreach!

:p

#3 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:40 PM

Spellbreach!

:p

You win. You're invited to my families thanksgiving. Please be here for Sunday afternoon. 

#4 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:08 PM

I know not everyone celebrates Thanksgiving but you can always answer any questions you have an answer to also :)

3. Favourite food item?

4. Favourite dessert?

giphy.gif

Having dinner with the white trash part of the family.

Being around the white trash.

Sweet potatoessssssssssssssssssssssss

Pumpkin cheesecake

ew

Padme

#5 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:13 PM

English, so I have no concept of this nonsense.

#6 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:18 PM

English, so I have no concept of this nonsense.

I think you give food to your relatives and they thank you. Kinda like Christmas.

#7 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:19 PM

3. Favourite food item?

4. Favourite dessert?

giphy.gif

i always have the same question when i see something about thanksgiving...

what do you celebrate that day? its just an american holiday?

I think you give food to your relatives and they thank you. Kinda like Christmas.

WHO GIVES FOOD IN XMAS?!?!!? i want food now. for every year i received a pair oof socks.

#8 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:22 PM

i always have the same question when i see something about thanksgiving...
what do you celebrate that day? its just an american holiday?
WHO GIVES FOOD IN XMAS?!?!!? i want food now. for every year i received a pair oof socks.

In Christmas you give gifts to your relatives and they thank you. That's what I mean :p

#9 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:27 PM

Girls butts.   Getting together with family of course, and eating great food! Apart from that, the youngest two family members at the table break apart the wish bone.

Shopping for the items to prepare for the event.

3. Favourite food item?

Mashed potatoes and of course gravy.

4. Favourite dessert?

More mashed potatoes. We honestly never had dessert after Thanksgiving. It's usually been sit and eat, clean, and then sleep right after.

Neither.

I have so much to be thankful for. I'll be generic, and say the cliche "Family, and Friends", but those two groups really do mean the world to me.

Squad

#10 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:33 PM

I know pretty much nothing about Thanksgiving, so I'm gonna go with eating turkey

Not eating turkey

3. Favourite food item?

Uhmmm turkey

4. Favourite dessert?

Blueberry Pie. Is that a thing?

Fresh

Health

#11 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:34 PM

@Ali @Rauul @Swarley

Thanksgiving (in Canada is in October) is a day where you get together to have a feast with your family usually it is Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Salad, Corn, those sorts of things and you give thanks traditionally for having a bountiful harvest of crops. Now people say they're thankful for family, friends, work, safety, security etc. :) 

Alternatively this weekend in the USA is Columbus day which is a holiday to celebrate a man who raped and pillaged the Native American people but 'discovered' America. 

#12 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:39 PM

@Ali @Rauul @Swarley

Alternatively this weekend in the USA is Columbus day which is a holiday to celebrate a man who raped and pillaged the Native American people but 'discovered' America. 

Celebrating domestic terrorism seems to be our thing :thumbsup:. The best part is that I have off for Columbus day lolol.

#13 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:40 PM

Celebrating domestic terrorism seems to be our thing :thumbsup:

A few places have recently turned it into a day to celebrate Native American culture and have abolished Columbus day. I think it's a swell idea

#14 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:43 PM

A few places have recently turned it into a day to celebrate Native American culture and have abolished Columbus day. I think it's a swell idea

Here in Argentina we don't call it Columbus day anymore. It has been changed to "Diversity day" (not really sure if that's the accurate translation. Día de la diversidad)

#15 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:46 PM

Here in Argentina we don't call it Columbus day anymore. It has been changed to "Diversity day" (not really sure if that's the accurate translation. Día de la diversidad)

That's wonderful! :) My great grandmother was born and my family lived in Argentina for a while in Buenos Aires. I think Diversity is something to be especially thankful for!!!! :) 

#16 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:55 PM

@Ali @Rauul @Swarley

Thanksgiving (in Canada is in October) is a day where you get together to have a feast with your family usually it is Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Salad, Corn, those sorts of things and you give thanks traditionally for having a bountiful harvest of crops. Now people say they're thankful for family, friends, work, safety, security etc. :)

But then what do you do at Christmas? I can't eat and be merry with my family twice in that short a space of time.

#17 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:01 PM

@Ali @Rauul @Swarley

Columbus sounds funny, we call him Cristobal Colón hahaha 

and yes, we "celebrate" that day too

#18 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:15 PM

I like how you American people are really passionate about your festivities. Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas. We only celebrate Christmas and even though it is probably the most important celebration of the year, we still don't go nuts like you guys with the decorations and Christmas spirit. I mean we just gather our family, have a nice dinner, probably some gifts and that's it :p. And it is summer so we don't get any snow :(.

#19 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:18 PM

I like how you American people are really passionate about your festivities. Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas. We only celebrate Christmas and even though it is probably the most important celebration of the year, we still don't go nuts like you guys with the decorations and Christmas spirit. I mean we just gather our family, have a nice dinner, probably some gifts and that's it :p. And it is summer so we don't get any snow :(.

I feel you. We don't have Thanksgiving, our Halloween sucks (no one does the trick or treat thing) and our Christmas is not that great. And it sucks because I love Christmas A LOT, and no one in my family gets really excited about it :p But I like having Christmas in the summer.

#20 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:21 PM

I feel you. We don't have Thanksgiving, our Halloween sucks (no one does the trick or treat thing) and our Christmas is not that great. And it sucks because I love Christmas A LOT, and no one in my family gets really excited about it :p But I like having Christmas in the summer.

At least you got the carnaval (I don't like that festivity anyway but it is there lol)

#21 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:22 PM

At least you got the carnaval (I don't like that festivity anyway but it is there lol)

I don't like it either xD

#22 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:34 PM

Please, I'm European, we don't need a day on the calendar to reminds us to be thankful for the things we have.

With that being said, I'd like to point out that I'm all in favour of gathering people with the purpose of pigging out. I'm thankful for food.

@Rauul between Colombus and Colón, Colón is not only funnier but shittier (AH AH AH AH).
Sorry for the crappy joke (AH AH AH AH AH!!!).

Ok, bye now õ_ô

#23 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:36 PM

1. What is your favourite Thanksgiving tradition? Probably just the generic getting together with your family shit. 

2. What do you dread about Thanksgiving? Driiiiivinggggg

3. Favourite food item? PUMPKIN FUCKING PIE

4. Favourite dessert? PUMPKIN FUCKING PIE

5. Canned cranberry sauce or freshly made? Fresh made omg. <3

6. What are you thankful for? My whole life is blessed. 

#24 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:11 PM

Please, I'm European, we don't need a day on the calendar to reminds us to be thankful for the things we have.

With that being said, I'd like to point out that I'm all in favour of gathering people with the purpose of pigging out. I'm thankful for food.

@Rauul between Colombus and Colón, Colón is not only funnier but shittier (AH AH AH AH).
Sorry for the crappy joke (AH AH AH AH AH!!!).

Ok, bye now õ_ô

my colon hurts...  because Colon

#25 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:29 PM

my colon hurts... because Colon

Sometimes, my colon hurts too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thanksgiving, padme, questionnaire, fall, autumnal, woo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users