thanksgiving padme questionnaire fall autumnal woo

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#26 Torque

Torque
  • 411 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:13 PM

1. What is your favourite Thanksgiving tradition? The massive amounts of food. I love food.

2. What do you dread about Thanksgiving? The day after when I feel all the food.

3. Favourite food item? Stuffing with gravy, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole

4. Favourite dessert? chocolate cream pie, apple pie, various pies.

5. Canned cranberry sauce or freshly made? Canned.

6. What are you thankful for? Everything and everyone around me right now and that my furnace decided to shit the bed before it got too cold outside. Now I can fix it and have a better furnace for the winter.

I'm also going to get a thanksgiving grinder on sunday because of this.

#27 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:20 AM

@Ali @Rauul @Swarley

Thanksgiving (in Canada is in October) is a day where you get together to have a feast with your family usually it is Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Salad, Corn, those sorts of things and you give thanks traditionally for having a bountiful harvest of crops. Now people say they're thankful for family, friends, work, safety, security etc. :)

Sounds like Sunday dinner in the UK (excluding the silly being thankful parts).

#28 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:56 AM

1. What is your favourite Thanksgiving tradition?

I don't really have one, we tend to have a small dinner with my grandmother or something but nothing big.

2. What do you dread about Thanksgiving?

The meal. Eating "unsafe" foods in front of people I'm not familiar with. Not being able to accurately measure out portions. All that fun stuff.

3. Favourite food item?

Homemade perogies. So good.

4. Favourite dessert?

I make these really healthy pumpkin raisin muffins that are pretty damn good. I've never cared much for pumpkin pie.

5. Canned cranberry sauce or freshly made?

We've bought canned cranberry sauce like 5 years in a row and have forgotten to open it every time. I've never had homemade, but I'm sure it's infinitely better. I hate canned, the texture freaks me out.

6. What are you thankful for?

The fact that I still have family that loves and supports me despite the years of shit I've put them through.

Edited by Eggie, 10 October 2015 - 04:56 AM.

#29 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:01 AM

Another typical American holiday that focuses on food!

#30 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:59 AM

There's two. Nothing exciting anymore. Mom (grandmother) doesn't really like to cook anymore so when money allows, my parents will come down and we'll all go to Golden Corral and have our family dinner. Otherwise the missus and I will go to the free community Thanksgiving lunch hosted by my university, and we'll enjoy Thanksgiving with friends, faculty, and classmates. 

My biological mother and half siblings on her side will show up.

3. Favourite food item?

Honey glazed ham & stuffing.

4. Favourite dessert?

Pumpkin pie

Neither. If I have cranberry anything it'll be in Diet Sierra Mist. :p

My family - being adopted by my grandparents literally saved my life. Without them I have no doubt I'd be dead, in jail, or on the streets.

Weed - the natural medicine that keeps me as normalish and happy as I'd ever be otherwise.

My wife - god only know how she puts up with me on a day to day basis...

Our cats - like furry little babies who bring much love and joy into our lives & hearts.

WoW - because real life sucks and doesn't have dragons. lol

#31 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:39 PM

Eating food with people I know and love.

I live away from family, so I don't get to see them very often anymore. :(

3. Favourite food item?

Honestly, mashed veggies. I like to make Potatoes, Broccoli, Carrots, and maybe some Corn, then mash them all together with some butter, and a little cheese.

4. Favourite dessert?

For Thanksgiving, probably Kahlua Cream Pie.

Neither.

My wife, friends, and family that support me.

#32 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:00 PM

Pumpkin Pie

Black Friday. I don't go shopping on it, but every year there are stories of people getting into fights over shoes.

3. Favourite food item?

Sweet Potatoes (since I don't eat meat)

4. Favourite dessert?

Pumpkin Pie

Uh...I spend Thanksgiving with family friends and I'm not sure which one their sauce is, so I don't know the difference so I can't really answer this.

All of codex, you guys and girls are wonderful and make me happy. My new boyfriend who's really sweet, he brought me soup when I got sick a week ago and went to walmart and got me Oreo's even though I said that I didn't need anything. (He knows I like Oreo's). And my health I guess, and my wonderful college professors who are really helpful. (All except my chem professor who just makes us memorize giant tables and doesn't really teach well). And my family. 

#33 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:19 PM

1. What is your favourite Thanksgiving tradition? Spending time with family.

2. What do you dread about Thanksgiving? Well I work in hospitality, so usually having to work on holidays.

3. Favourite food item? Turkey and stuffing

4. Favourite dessert? Pumpkin pie

5. Canned cranberry sauce or freshly made? Ewww, neither

6. What are you thankful for? Family, friends

#34 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2015 - 08:56 PM

Watching the parades or doing the 5k Turkey Trot on the morning of Thanksgiving.

That I'm not having one this year.

3. Favourite food item?

Green bean casserole.

4. Favourite dessert?

Apple pie.

Fresh, always. I was very passionate about this last year.

Family, friends, being able to do what I want in my life. 

#35 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2015 - 09:16 PM

1. What is your favourite Thanksgiving tradition? Every year we get a chocolate pie from village inn. That's probably the best part of it all because pie is great ^_^

2. What do you dread about Thanksgiving? Spending so much time with my family. I only like my sister :p

3 & 4. Favourite food item? Pie. Eating all kinds of pie is the best part! Turkey isn't all that much my favorite food ;P

5. Canned cranberry sauce or freshly made? Neither :p Cranberry sauce is gross.

6. What are you thankful for? My sister. At least there's someone in my family who I don't hate.

#36 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:46 AM

1. What is your favourite Thanksgiving tradition? My family (if its just my immediate family and 1 family in particular of cousins) go around the table and we each say something we are ungrateful for. 

2. What do you dread about Thanksgiving? Awkward family in town. My parents will often have 40 people over for thanksgiving. Only half of whom I usually like.

3. Favourite food item? Crispy turkey skin, obv.

4. Favourite dessert? Every year somebody makes a new random dessert that is simply amazing. The pumpkin and pecan pies are just ok though.

5. Canned cranberry sauce or freshly made? FRESH! My wife made some type of fresh sweet cranberry pico de gallo last year and it was incredible.

6. What are you thankful for? My last few weeks of coitus before my wife delivers our baby.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thanksgiving, padme, questionnaire, fall, autumnal, woo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users