• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#1 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:13 PM

Everyone is pretty tired of fighting and exploring in underwear, so to change that, the first Clothes Design Contest (name could change)!

Spellbreach Clothes Design Contest

Entries due: October 20th

Voting ends: October 25th

There will be two different categories, clothes and accessories. To match the characters, the items should be pixelated, except for backgrounds. You can use any image editing program, and don't worry about the image format or transparency, I can fix that for you. There will be no limit for the number of entries, and to make it fair, each person only gets one prize, no matter how many of their entries won.

For the clothes category, you can make shirts, pants, skirts, dresses, jackets, shoes and a bunch of other stuff. If it's not gender specific, you have to make both versions, male and female.

For the accessories category, you can make hats, glasses, watches, backgrounds, foreground items, etc. If necessary, make a version for each body type.

OH BTW YOU HAVE TO PM ME YOUR ENTRY/ENTRIES

The templates (140px x 200px) :

qpVY8K3.pngVAOwweb.png

Some programs you can use:

GIMP

Pixlr

Pixelmator (Mac)

Acorn (Mac)

Paint.NET

Sumo Paint

If you have any questions about an item you want to make but don't know which category it goes, or any other questions, feel free to PM me!

Prizes

neopoints_bag_07b7353930.gif

3 million NP donated by @Kate

neopoints_bag_07b7353930.gif

1 million NP donated by me

NdVx2DC.png?1

500k FR Treasure donated by @Bee

PM me or post here if you'd like to donate :D

If you're one of the top winners, you'll also get and exclusive contest-prize-only familiar and a bunch of gold!

And if your entry is implemented, wether you won the voting or not, you'll get the Maestro feat in Spellbreach!

#2 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:22 PM

LOVE THIS, @Swarley, I am definitely going to submit some entries (no matter how much they may suck!). Thank you for coming up with this and hosting it.  :wub:

#3 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:35 PM

LOVE THIS, @Swarley, I am definitely going to submit some entries (no matter how much they may suck!). Thank you for coming up with this and hosting it.  :wub:

Looking forward with what you can do! I'm sure you'll do a good job :D

Tagging the playing members (hopefully I get everyone)

#4 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:40 PM

I don't know how to do this on a mac :|

#5 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:42 PM

I don't know how to do this on a mac :|

Just use one of the programs listed :p I'm sure you can find easy tutorials on pixel art on youtube ;)

#6 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:53 PM

Just use one of the programs listed :p I'm sure you can find easy tutorials on pixel art on youtube ;)

Sorry I totally didn't see the list. I must of scrolled past :( Didn't mean to do that! You rock I'll definitely at least attempt to partake....

GIRAFFE ONESIE ANYONE?

#7 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:55 PM

so drunkenly stoked for this

#8 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:18 PM

Ooh. It's been a very long time since I've done any pixel art I am so in!

#9 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:50 PM

I legit signed up earlier today hehe

#10 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:27 AM

By the way, guys, Spellbreach will have no gender-specific clothing! I guess you don't have to make two versions of something to enter, but if we decide we want to use your images I'm probably going to ask for the alternate version!

So yeah, the "boy" body type will be able to wear the skirts and dresses, and the "girl" body type will be able to wear boxer shorts and sports jerseys. Or whatever. Y'know?

Huge thanks to Swarley for hosting this and offering to tweak images and whatnot. I'm super pumped to see what you guys come up with!

Everybody whose work we like enough to implement will, of course, get the "Maestro" feat and title in the game. Top entries will win an exclusive, contest-prize-only familiar and a bunch of gold ^_^

Oh, also guys, if you can use the image format .png (24 bit), which all the final images will have to be anyway, you can use semitransparent areas in the image - that is 100% possible. That way, you can do funky sunglasses, or whatever ^_^ It's pretty nifty ^_^

#11 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:25 AM

I'd like donate 500k FR treasure.

#12 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:07 AM

I'd like donate 500k FR treasure.

Thanks Bee!

#13 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:16 AM

Gonna try some out today. Hope it goes well!

By the way, guys, Spellbreach will have no gender-specific clothing! I guess you don't have to make two versions of something to enter, but if we decide we want to use your images I'm probably going to ask for the alternate version!

So yeah, the "boy" body type will be able to wear the skirts and dresses, and the "girl" body type will be able to wear boxer shorts and sports jerseys. Or whatever. Y'know?

Huge thanks to Swarley for hosting this and offering to tweak images and whatnot. I'm super pumped to see what you guys come up with!

Everybody whose work we like enough to implement will, of course, get the "Maestro" feat and title in the game. Top entries will win an exclusive, contest-prize-only familiar and a bunch of gold ^_^

Oh, also guys, if you can use the image format .png (24 bit), which all the final images will have to be anyway, you can use semitransparent areas in the image - that is 100% possible. That way, you can do funky sunglasses, or whatever ^_^ It's pretty nifty ^_^

Any recommended bit-size max... like 72 kb or so?

#14 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:37 AM

Any recommended bit-size max... like 72 kb or so?

Nope, but the image should try to match the style of the other stuff we have, which should keep the file sizes pretty low on their own ^_^

#15 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:10 PM

@Swarley I'd like to donate 3m NP

#16 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:11 PM

Hot damn! That's a spicy meatball.

#17 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:18 PM

Woo! Thank you :D

I'm having so much fun drawing clothes lol

#18 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:39 PM

Woo! Thank you :D

I'm having so much fun drawing clothes lol

I've definitely had fun doing some practice with these. :)

#19 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:07 PM

Mine are not turning out well LOL! I'm pleased that we have 10 days to work on entries. :D

#20 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:08 PM

Mine are not turning out well LOL! I'm pleased that we have 10 days to work on entries. :D

What program are you using?

#21 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:12 PM

What program are you using?

I kinda skip back and forth between GIMP and SAI Paint Tool.

#22 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:35 PM

Honestly, I am pretty excited to see what people have made. :D

ONLY TEN DAYS!!

#23 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2015 - 03:09 AM

I'm having so much fun doing this that I can't stop. I need help.

#24 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:56 AM

I'm having so much fun doing this that I can't stop. I need help.

No you don't :D Keep going!

#25 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:48 AM

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with :D I'm going to try and do some stuff too. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users