Spellbreach Clothes Design Contest

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#26 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:31 AM

By the way, guys, Spellbreach will have no gender-specific clothing! I guess you don't have to make two versions of something to enter, but if we decide we want to use your images I'm probably going to ask for the alternate version!

So yeah, the "boy" body type will be able to wear the skirts and dresses, and the "girl" body type will be able to wear boxer shorts and sports jerseys. Or whatever. Y'know?

Huge thanks to Swarley for hosting this and offering to tweak images and whatnot. I'm super pumped to see what you guys come up with!

Everybody whose work we like enough to implement will, of course, get the "Maestro" feat and title in the game. Top entries will win an exclusive, contest-prize-only familiar and a bunch of gold ^_^

Oh, also guys, if you can use the image format .png (24 bit), which all the final images will have to be anyway, you can use semitransparent areas in the image - that is 100% possible. That way, you can do funky sunglasses, or whatever ^_^ It's pretty nifty ^_^

So if there's a clothing item that normally comes in female and male variations, should we make those, or just make a man skirt and lady trousers?

#27 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:59 AM

So if there's a clothing item that normally comes in female and male variations, should we make those, or just make a man skirt and lady trousers?

I think he just means the item has to have a compatible version for each avatar base and they can't be changed. For example, you can't do a pink shirt for the girl and a blue for the boy. Both shirts must be the same for each base, including colour. 

So it would be a man skirt and a lady skirt. Or man trousers AND lady trousers. 

#28 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2015 - 08:02 AM

Also, if you want to make just a male/female version, you can instead of making both, but if Joe decides to implement your entry, you'll have to make the other version as well. So I suggest making both already :p

I've received so many amazing entries, I can't wait to show you guys :D

#29 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2015 - 08:15 AM

@Kate @Swarley thanks for the replies! Now I'm wishing I'd started with a different garment, but hopefully the results are at least amusing XD

#30 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:03 AM

@Kate @Swarley thanks for the replies! Now I'm wishing I'd started with a different garment, but hopefully the results are at least amusing XD

Just wanted to confirm that Kate is right ^^ Man skirt and lady skirt etc.
The reason is that I don't want anything to be gender specific - the only reason we even need two images at all is that the base bodies are in different positions :)

#31 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:08 AM

Just wanted to confirm that Kate is right ^^ Man skirt and lady skirt etc.
The reason is that I don't want anything to be gender specific - the only reason we even need two images at all is that the base bodies are in different positions :)

That's really cool. I always liked putting RB clothes on RG pets, and vise versa on Neo. No reason a garment shouldn't fit both bases :)

#32 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:11 PM

I've enjoyed making these. Too bad I won't really be able to make more after I go back to work. =/

#33 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:06 AM

So many entries, this is overwhelming xD

#34 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:20 AM

Oops! I didn't see this topic, but I already went off and garbed my little emperor in her robes. O_o

Edited by FelisNoctua, 13 October 2015 - 05:20 AM.

#35 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:27 AM

So many entries, this is overwhelming xD

that's great! how many have you got so far?

#36 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:28 AM

that's great! how many have you got so far?

I'd say at least 30 :p

#37 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:32 AM

I'd say at least 30 :p

dayyum. O_o that's gonna be lot of spoilers to click!

i bet y'all won't complain about having no clothes after this lol....

#38 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:33 AM

I am so excited to see all of these xD

(Less excited to spend a couple hours implementing them in eight days or so, but it'll be worth it :p)

#39 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:07 AM

@Swarley what sort of items do you want, but still not have (m)any of?

#40 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:08 AM

@Swarley what sort of items do you want, but still not have (m)any of?

Hmm, I'll check.

Edit: well, we don't have many regular clothes yet :p

#41 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:18 AM

Hmm, I'll check.

Edit: well, we don't have many regular clothes yet :p

That's pretty amusing

#42 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:19 AM

Aw really cool contest :3! Will try to enter with something, I just need a good idea..

#43 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:21 AM

Also, it'd be great if we could get more one-piece clothing. Not necessarily a regular shirt or regular pants, but separate articles of clothing would be nice to mix things up :p

#44 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:27 AM

I made a single shirt and colored it different colors. It's so lame I don't want to turn it in.

#45 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 11:50 AM

I've started to make several items, but I keep giving up when I realize I have no idea how to realistically shade/decorate anything on such a small scale.  :/

#46 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 11:57 AM

I've started to make several items, but I keep giving up when I realize I have no idea how to realistically shade/decorate anything on such a small scale.  :/

This.  I've done this SO many times.

#47 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:04 PM

Personally, I like better the no-shading style, since the bodies aren't shaded and neither the current clothes, so maybe you can do that? You can use a darker color for the creases and etc.

#48 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:09 PM

@Sweeney Does the clothing thing work with zones, like neo (you only get to wear one shirt at a time), or on a layering system, like flightrising (throw on as many clothes as you want, but the order matters)?

#49 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:33 PM

@Sweeney Does the clothing thing work with zones, like neo (you only get to wear one shirt at a time), or on a layering system, like flightrising (throw on as many clothes as you want, but the order matters)?

Zones. Each different type of clothing is layered in a specific order.

#50 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:37 PM

Zones. Each different type of clothing is layered in a specific order.

do shoes go over pants, or pants over shoes?

Is there a separate earring category?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users