Spellbreach Clothes Design Contest

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#126 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:02 PM

@Swarley obviously, you should hold a contest to figure out how to award the prizes for this contest :p

#127 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:18 AM

Hmm, I could do that too... The only problem that remains is how to give the prizes. Even if it was just two categories as I planned, I have no idea how I'll do it :/

what's wrong with the good ol' whoever gets into top 3, gets a prize?

#128 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:26 AM

what's wrong with the good ol' whoever gets into top 3, gets a prize?

Different categories, I don't think that would be fair :/ but I'll have to go with that if I don't think of anything else.

#129 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:44 AM

Different categories, I don't think that would be fair :/ but I'll have to go with that if I don't think of anything else.

Suggestion: take the top winner of each category and use a RNG to pick which one gets to pick a prize 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. After the 1st place people have picked, you can either do the same thing with the 2nd place winners, or just raffle the remaining prizes off to the remaining entrants so that everyone has a chance.

By using a RNG for 1st place winners instead of letting the person with the highest total number of votes pick first, people who submitted to the most popular category aren't put at a disadvantage when it comes to prize pick order.

#130 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:14 AM

Sugestão:

Figure out what categories you will have and how many there will be

Make sure we have at least one prize for each category

The winners of each individual category are your pool of winners

The pool of winners are sorted based on the percent of the votes their winning submission got in their category

They choose prizes in order from highest to lowest percent

#131 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:34 AM

my suggestion: make the voting thread now. :p

if we're gonna add more categories can we just extend the submission period because i wanna have at least one item submitted for each category. :/

#132 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:38 AM

To be fair I haven't read this whole thread, I don't know how you planned to do it before.  If you'd already decided on a different way, I apologize.  I just thought we were giving suggestions :p

#133 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:51 AM

Sugestão:

Figure out what categories you will have and how many there will be

Make sure we have at least one prize for each category

The winners of each individual category are your pool of winners

The pool of winners are sorted based on the percent of the votes their winning submission got in their category

They choose prizes in order from highest to lowest percent

but if category A has 20 pants and category B has 3 shirts, people who entered category A aren't going to have a very high percentage of the votes in their category, so a category A person would probably pick after a B person just because there were more submissions in that category.

#134 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:16 AM

but if category A has 20 pants and category B has 3 shirts, people who entered category A aren't going to have a very high percentage of the votes in their category, so a category A person would probably pick after a B person just because there were more submissions in that category.

Whether there are 3 or 20 in the category, there will still be only one winner and they will have to have gotten a higher percentage of votes than any other one person in that category.  If everyone wants the best chance of winning, they should make sure they've entered each of the categories once.  I mean it could work but if it's more trouble than it's worth then I don't want to endorse it anymore lol

#135 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:25 AM

Whether there are 3 or 20 in the category, there will still be only one winner and they will have to have gotten a higher percentage of votes than any other one person in that category.  If everyone wants the best chance of winning, they should make sure they've entered each of the categories once.  I mean it could work but if it's more trouble than it's worth then I don't want to endorse it anymore lol

Oh, I thought you meant that the 1st place winner with the highest percentage of votes in their category would go before the 1st place winner with the second highest percentage in their category. My bad.

#136 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:31 PM

I just want THIS21kkvwh.gif !!!!!!!!!

#137 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:32 PM

Alright, award is implemented, now I'm gonna write the voting thread. I'll still decide on the prize method (will probably be a mix of the suggestions), and there will be only two categories, because some items could be considered multiple zones, so it would be too confusing :p

#138 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:34 PM

Alright, award is implemented, now I'm gonna write the voting thread. I'll still decide on the prize method (will probably be a mix of the suggestions), and there will be only two categories, because some items could be considered multiple zones, so it would be too confusing :p

*insert grawlix here*

#139 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:45 PM

*insert grawlix here*

What's wrong? xD

Oh, by the way, I'm gonna give 500k neopoints as a consolation prize to everyone that couldn't get one of the top prizes!

#140 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:48 PM

What's wrong? xDOh, by the way, I'm gonna give 500k neopoints as a consolation prize to everyone that couldn't get one of the top prizes!

I'm excited!

#141 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:43 PM

h15H6l3.gif

#142 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:15 PM

I used Gmail like Megazord sugested and it fucking turned every image into a gmail link weird thing, so I can't post it. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I'll try to fix it.

#143 Grumpy

Grumpy
  • 234 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:21 PM

I think you deserve an award for hosting this contest @Swarley.  LOL.  Good luck sorting it all out, sounds like it'll be amazing when you can make it work!

#144 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:22 PM

I think you deserve an award for hosting this contest @Swarley.  LOL.  Good luck sorting it all out, sounds like it'll be amazing when you can make it work!

xD I think I figured it out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users