Quantcast

Photo

[Guide] How to increase post count WITHOUT spamming!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,848 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:45 PM

POPULAR POST!

How to increase post count WITHOUT spamming!

As a member who was once new, I can say the 500 post guideline for Advanced+ membership and 1000 post guideline for Private membership can seem quite scary. How could anyone ever post so much? However I can assure you it is actually not that hard, and that there are a few tricks you can use to increase post count WITHOUT spamming! Without further ado, let's get to it!

1. Contributing to the Neocodex Item Database

As you may know, Neocodex has an amazing item database! While items worth 99k and less are automatically priced by the database, anything worth 100k and up has to be priced manually. However, only members with 500 or more posts can go in and change the price, but do not fret! Members with less than 500 posts can post in the thread linked above to list out items and prices, and a member with enough posts will update those prices for you! Every time you post in that thread, you get more post count and Neocodex's item database gets more updated. Everyone wins :D

2. Debates

Debates are a great way to explore issues and to understand many different and contrasting viewpoints. The nice thing is that being involved in a debate where people disagree usually results in more posts as people articulate their stances. However, this one is a bit dangerous, be sure to debate carefully and fully think through arguments lest you lose respect.

3. Contests/Giveaways

Being part of a contest or giveaway is a great way to increase post count as well as being involved in the community. Whether you host a giveaway or enter a competition, you are given opportunities to organize and display your talents through posts! An additional benefit of a member heavily involved in contests and giveaways is that it looks real good when Advanced+ members evaluate nominations.

4. General Chat

This forum isn't only about Neopets, or even gaming! There are plenty of topics to discuss about life and whatnot. You can post about life in topics such as thisthisthisthis, and this thread. If you didn't find a thread you want to post in, then just make your own!

5. The Lab Ray Topic

Do you have the Lab Ray on Neopets? If so, you can post your result in this thread, which increases your post count with almost minimal effort. Be warned: don't abuse this topic because it looks bad if most of your posts are in the Lab Ray topic   :ninja:

And these are 5 ways to help increase that post count. If you aim to post at least 5 posts a day, which shouldn't be hard with all of these tips, then you can easily reach 500 posts within 100 days, or even less if you become involved in the community. Get posting!  :yahoo:

#2 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1,975 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:58 PM

Great little guide here. Hopefully people will follow it! :)

#3 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,848 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:57 PM

Bump :p

#4 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 599 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2015 - 01:09 PM

3. Contests/Giveaways

Being part of a contest or giveaway is a great way to increase post count as well as being involved in the community. Whether you host a giveaway or enter a competition, you are given opportunities to organize and display your talents through posts! An additional benefit of a member heavily involved in contests and giveaways is that it looks real good when Advanced+ members evaluate nominations.

#5 Umi

Umi

• 1,051 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:47 PM

Nice guide, I'd followed those since the start I've became posting, but I don't said about it because it would be Gravedigging and I was scared to get my posts deleted again. :p

#6 spotify95

spotify95
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:47 PM

Thanks for this, I'll definitely take this into account!

Note that posting in Forum Games doesn't increase your post count here, so you can't just spend all day posting on counting games in order to reach the 500 posts!

#7 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 617 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2015 - 09:47 PM

I'm pretty sure I saw that someone made the posts on the Contests page not count towards your total but I could be wrong

#8 Strategist

Strategist
  • Mystic Mike

• 9,250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:53 AM

I'm pretty sure I saw that someone made the posts on the Contests page not count towards your total but I could be wrong

You are slightly correct, that was me that made that change. Posts in the giveaways section do not count :)

#9 spotify95

spotify95
  • 286 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 07:58 AM

How to increase post count WITHOUT spamming!

As a member who was once new, I can say the 500 post guideline for Advanced+ membership and 1000 post guideline for Private membership can seem quite scary. How could anyone ever post so much? However I can assure you it is actually not that hard, and that there are a few tricks you can use to increase post count WITHOUT spamming! Without further ado, let's get to it!

1. Contributing to the Neocodex Item Database

As you may know, Neocodex has an amazing item database! While items worth 99k and less are automatically priced by the database, anything worth 100k and up has to be priced manually. However, only members with 500 or more posts can go in and change the price, but do not fret! Members with less than 500 posts can post in the thread linked above to list out items and prices, and a member with enough posts will update those prices for you! Every time you post in that thread, you get more post count and Neocodex's item database gets more updated. Everyone wins :D

2. Debates

Debates are a great way to explore issues and to understand many different and contrasting viewpoints. The nice thing is that being involved in a debate where people disagree usually results in more posts as people articulate their stances. However, this one is a bit dangerous, be sure to debate carefully and fully think through arguments lest you lose respect.

3. Contests/Giveaways

4. General Chat

This forum isn't only about Neopets, or even gaming! There are plenty of topics to discuss about life and whatnot. You can post about life in topics such as thisthisthisthis, and this thread. If you didn't find a thread you want to post in, then just make your own!

5. The Lab Ray Topic

Do you have the Lab Ray on Neopets? If so, you can post your result in this thread, which increases your post count with almost minimal effort. Be warned: don't abuse this topic because it looks bad if most of your posts are in the Lab Ray topic   :ninja:

And these are 5 ways to help increase that post count. If you aim to post at least 5 posts a day, which shouldn't be hard with all of these tips, then you can easily reach 500 posts within 100 days, or even less if you become involved in the community. Get posting!  :yahoo:

Hi,

Just been informed that Contests/Giveaways do not add to your post count, please can you adjust this? Thanks :)

#10 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1,698 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:40 AM

Hi,

Just been informed that Contests/Giveaways do not add to your post count, please can you adjust this? Thanks :)

Posts in the contest section DO count, it's only in the giveaways section where it doesn't count. (that's why Strategist underlined 'giveaways')

#11 spotify95

spotify95
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:15 AM

Posts in the contest section DO count, it's only in the giveaways section where it doesn't count. (that's why Strategist underlined 'giveaways')

Okay thanks for the info ;)

#12 dboyisdanman

dboyisdanman
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:14 PM

It's going to take a while until i reach my 500th post =/

#13 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:53 PM

500 posts doesn't necessarily guarantee you adv+ membership, it's just a guideline :p It can take 1000 even if all you are doing is spamming. It just depends on the quality of the posts, not necessarily the quantity :) If you contribute a lot to the community, it can take less than 500! :D

Edited by Kass, 04 January 2016 - 04:54 PM.

#14 Umi

Umi

• 1,051 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:20 AM

500 posts doesn't necessarily guarantee you adv+ membership, it's just a guideline :p It can take 1000 even if all you are doing is spamming. It just depends on the quality of the posts, not necessarily the quantity :) If you contribute a lot to the community, it can take less than 500! :D

Me is an example hehe :p

#15 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 8,921 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:33 PM

If you "contribute" (provide sexual favors to staff) you can get in early!

#16 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Tenrinho :3

• 1,334 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:40 PM

If you "contribute" (provide sexual favors to staff) you can get in early!

Tempting...  :rolleyes:

#17 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,848 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:19 PM

Tempting...  :rolleyes:

Just do it!

It took my about 800 posts before I got in, so yeah 500 posts is definitely just a guideline :p

#18 Susie

Susie

• 1,356 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:31 PM

I see in the FAQ:

Q: I have made several non-spam posts but my post count has not increased. What is going on?!
A: Some sections of the forum such as the Trading Post, Introduction and Chit-Chat don't contribute to your post count.

Is there a way we can update this to include all the forums that don't count? Cause this makes it sound like General Entertainment counts, when it really doesn't.

#19 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1,698 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:42 PM

I see in the FAQ:

Q: I have made several non-spam posts but my post count has not increased. What is going on?!
A: Some sections of the forum such as the Trading Post, Introduction and Chit-Chat don't contribute to your post count.

Is there a way we can update this to include all the forums that don't count? Cause this makes it sound like General Entertainment counts, when it really doesn't.

I didn't know that either, I hope it doesn't stop people from posting in the HP thread though. (maybe I should've just put it in general chat because it's not like people are spamming in the HP thread, but only a mod can change that now @Swarley maybe? :p)

#20 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,848 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:30 PM

For all you new people

Bump ;)

#21 TrashcanV3

TrashcanV3

• 46 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:12 PM

increasing post count atm for altador! Quote me if you are doing the same! Great guide

#22 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,848 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:42 PM

increasing post count atm for altador! Quote me if you are doing the same! Great guide

This post is, ironically, an example of spam.

:warning:

#23 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor

• 577 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:18 AM

Yeah they don't even read before they reply...don't even try to properly spam.
.that's someone who obviously needs the boot though considering they have no qualms admitting they're spamming to get access.

#24 xoxdaft

xoxdaft
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:50 AM

Thanks! Just starting out and wanting to make sure I'm not spamming.

#25 iwillsellyouthings

iwillsellyouthings
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 05:07 PM

this is such a good guide for newbies nice job

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users