Quantcast

Photo

Announcing - The NEW and IMPROVED Neocodex Minecraft Server!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#1 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:34 AM

WitherSkeletonHead.png?version=1f21c767f4fkPDIy.gifWitherSkeletonHead.png?version=1f21c767f

Come one, come all! 
Both experienced Minecraft players and newbies!

Neocodex now has it's own OFFICIAL Minecraft Server!

Before I post the server address, we have to establish some rules!

1. No Griefing.
2. No Stealing.
3. No Swearing.
4. No Mods that give players an unfair advantage.
5. No Hacks at all fly,speed ect.
6. No Xray hacks this includes xray texture packs.
7. No R rated builds/skins.
8. No AFK fishing/botting.
9. No Anti-Afk Machines.
10. No large scale redstone builds - to reduce lag.
11. No harassing players/staff.
12. No asking for items, teleports, favours from staff.
13. No large animal farms please. (20 animals total per player) - to reduce lag.
14. No Advertising on this server.
15. Players are restricted to keep within 30,000 blocks out in any direction of spawn. This means in the Nether, maximum distance out in any direction you can place a portal is 3,750 blocks. 

16) For now, there will be no whitelist or application process. We will revisit this if there are any issues.

17) All Neocodex rules must be observed on the server!

Anyone found to be breaking any of the above rules will be subject to a first and final warning and depending on how severe the issue, may end up being perma-banned from the server. We're playing to enjoy it, not to ruin things for everyone.

Lastly, running a server does cost money guys. If you'd like to make some kind of contribution* to maintain the server, please contact @Strategist for details on how to donate if you so wish! There will be some incentives to donate down the line.

*this is not a requirement to be able to play on our server by the way.

AND FINALLY, THE SERVER ADDRESS IS....

Spoiler

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

tumblr_mb524hrtAZ1r32oow.gif

#2 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:28 AM

Yay! 

ldqeVoX.gif

#3 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:41 AM

What counts as "large scale" redstone? :p

#4 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:47 AM

Yay! :D

#5 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:57 AM

What counts as "large scale" redstone? :p

Nothing insane like a supercomputer. I guess just use common sense? Anything that produces like 50million items per hour and so on ;)

It shouldn't matter too much as we have a fairly beefy server this time around. Got it for half price for the life of the server :) costs less than our original one haha

#6 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 12:06 PM

Nothing insane like a supercomputer. I guess just use common sense? Anything that produces like 50million items per hour and so on ;)
It shouldn't matter too much as we have a fairly beefy server this time around. Got it for half price for the life of the server :) costs less than our original one haha

Well, hit me up with some details then, I guess :p

#7 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:13 PM

I am glad this is here for people who like minecraft! ;)

#8 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:06 PM

13. No large animal farms please. (20 animals total per player) - to reduce lag.

Dang it I wanted a bunny army of 70,000. and a chicken farm of 700.

#9 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:26 PM

Do the tunnels in the nether actually go anywhere? I feel like i'm going for days

edit: nevermind I figured it out

#10 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:31 PM

Loving it so far!!! This is THE most challenging server of the ones I actively play, and extra special in that regard.  :wub:

Do the tunnels in the nether actually go anywhere? I feel like i'm going for days

edit: nevermind I figured it out

DO they go anywhere yet? I'd been wondering myself. :p

#11 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:39 PM

Loving it so far!!! This is THE most challenging server of the ones I actively play, and extra special in that regard. :wub:

DO they go anywhere yet? I'd been wondering myself. :p

Stay tuned later on this afternoon (my time) for another video explaining what to do there ;) there is a ladder down into the nether in the middle of the hub (inside the portals) if you want to explore the nether floor. The "hub" part is mainly for connecting your bases via the nether to spawn ;)

#12 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:43 PM

One suggestion @Strategist (especially since the server has so few players) is that it would be better if the op people did run around displaing their powers. :p Otherwise it does make such a challenging server just a wee bit deflating to the rest of us.

#13 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:47 PM

How do you mean Kord?

#14 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:49 PM

How do you mean Kord?

Well the people who can run around invisible and/or invincible should keep it to themselves lol. :p It's a difficult server by nature, and I love the illusion that we are all in for a struggle, thus would prefer that it would not be broken by those who obviously aren't facing the same struggle to do it in publicly (what they do on their own time out of visibility of regular players like myself is a different matter of course).

#15 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:52 PM

Well the people who can run around invisible and/or invincible should keep it to themselves lol. :p It's a difficult server by nature, and I love the illusion that we are all in for a struggle, thus would prefer that it would not be broken by those who obviously aren't facing the same struggle to do it in publicly (what they do on their own time out of visibility of regular players like myself is a different matter of course).

In other words, me? Lol

Don't worry, I'll be playing survival like the rest of you guys. I love the challenge and get bored being OP as it does take away from the challenge of the game. The only time I intend to use OP powers is if someone has something unfortunate happen and they need assistance.

#16 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:53 PM

In other words, me? Lol

Don't worry, I'll be playing survival like the rest of you guys. I love the challenge and get bored being OP as it does take away from the challenge of the game. The only time I intend to use OP powers is if someone has something unfortunate happen and they need assistance.

Nah I wasn't referencing you actually...you have always been very good about responsibly using the powers, as has Romy.

#17 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:57 PM

How do you mean Kord?

She's probably talking about me... I still was OP, and when I got on I was invisible automatically. I've already /deop me, though e.e I wasn't even in creative when I was invisible.

#18 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:58 PM

Ahh yeah thats an OP thing to do with the vanish plugin.

#19 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:12 PM

I'm very impressed by what I see of the server so far...in fact I'm going to have to sit on my hands not to give it a shout-out on my Enjin profile, so I won't do so until I have your blessing, but seriously this is a fantastic server so far!!!!! 

My beautiful, tiny (but safe to the creatures of the night) BASE!!!  :wub:

U9FlHro.jpg

#20 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:22 PM

I'm very impressed by what I see of the server so far...in fact I'm going to have to sit on my hands not to give it a shout-out on my Enjin profile, so I won't do so until I have your blessing, but seriously this is a fantastic server so far!!!!!

My beautiful, tiny (but safe to the creatures of the night) BASE!!! :wub:

U9FlHro.jpg

Hey any advertising for the server is good :) go for it. Also the thing earlier with Swarles being OP, that was my bad as I needed help with testing things the other day and forgot to deop him before I opened the server ;)

#21 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:24 PM

Hey any advertising for the server is good :) go for it. Also the thing earlier with Swarles being OP, that was my bad as I needed help with testing things the other day and forgot to deop him before I opened the server ;)

All good, and ty for the reply...I suspect I'm going to be playing on this server oodles and am proud of it, I like to advertise things I love.  :wub:

#22 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:31 AM

Yay!!!  

#23 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:12 PM

Will this get me banned? 

Spoiler

@Strategist

#24 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:13 PM

Will this get me banned?

Spoiler

It should. :p

#25 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:14 PM

Will this get me banned?